Dialing Destiny from Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCOO View Post
    Any volunteers to go in the "head sucker"? Let's not forget the asgard aren't around anymore to cleanse the knowledge.
    yes that's right but now we have all knowledge of the Asgards

Comment

True. How long will it take to know how to revert the process?
      Plus, where would you find a head sucker?

Comment

Originally posted by General Luka of Earth View Post
        yes that's right but now we have all knowledge of the Asgards
        The Asgard Core is a sizeable amount of information. And even if you do manage to be able to replicate the Mind Cleanser-thingy, O'Neill survived because of plot shield. And they aren't exactly going to put one of their highest ranked military personnel of Off-World relations into a dangerous situation. And no one else could handle that knowledge, that we know of.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Yes, it's doubtful 3 fully charged ZPMs can connect to the Destiny with the sheer distances involved.

But... I think I've found a way to dial Destiny

Project Arcturus [from SGA:Trinity, season 2 episode 6].

McKay mentioned at 50% efficiency it produces a power equivalent to TWELVE ZPMs. Assuming a linear progression, 100% efficiency means a power output equivalent to 24 ZPMs!

I'm sure you'll agree that is definitely up there with Icarus base in terms of sheer energy output.

McKay ended up destroying 5/6 of a solar system when he couldn't turn it off. Icarus base had an explosion on a similar magnitude.

SGA:McKay and Mrs Miller (season 3, ep 8) builds on the perceived weaknesses of the Ancient's approach. In the end it causes unforeseen side effects but it is continuing along the line of the Ancient's experiments in ZPM creation/energy harnessing plot.

Just throwing ideas up here guys. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by sgfan View Post
            Yes, it's doubtful 3 fully charged ZPMs can connect to the Destiny with the sheer distances involved.

But... I think I've found a way to dial Destiny

Project Arcturus [from SGA:Trinity, season 2 episode 6].

McKay mentioned at 50% efficiency it produces a power equivalent to TWELVE ZPMs. Assuming a linear progression, 100% efficiency means a power output equivalent to 24 ZPMs!

I'm sure you'll agree that is definitely up there with Icarus base in terms of sheer energy output.

McKay ended up destroying 5/6 of a solar system when he couldn't turn it off. Icarus base had an explosion on a similar magnitude.

SGA:McKay and Mrs Miller (season 3, ep 8) builds on the perceived weaknesses of the Ancient's approach. In the end it causes unforeseen side effects but it is continuing along the line of the Ancient's experiments in ZPM creation/energy harnessing plot.

Just throwing ideas up here guys. Thoughts?
            They way i see ZPM's is that they are capable of drawing all their contained power at once, instead of a constant charge over time (like a battery) the same with a Naquadria core. It seems that constant power supply is not required to establish power but a HUGE boost and then power to maintain.

(Note: I changed the links)

Comment

Originally posted by General Luka of Earth View Post
              who knows maybe 3 ZPM's wouldn't be enough but if SGC finds some of those Ancients thing that download entire knowledge of the Ancients in persons brain maybe that person could make something like Jack in Fifth Race (or something else like the original way to dial Destiny) and dial Destiny.
              There is zero reason to risk even one depleted zpm to dial Destiny. Those 80 people are simply not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

I had a theory about stealing destiny from the ancients whene it was launched using some sort of time travel device.

Comment

the ideal thing to do would be to use langaria but the way they wrote it is that they think the planet will blow up. how would you steal it? you dont know how many ancients there were back then
                  sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    There is zero reason to risk even one depleted zpm to dial Destiny. Those 80 people are simply not that important in the grand scheme of things.
                    This is one of the millions of reasons I liked SGU more than the other Stargate series. If it were SG-1, the SGC would have used an inordinate amount of resources to get a few people back (think 615 - Paradise Lost). I also didn't like that Atlantis was reconnected with Earth so quickly in the series. SGU sent them out there and you knew there was really no chance of them getting back. Sure, they'll tease you with the prospect, but we all knew. Ha ha.

Comment

i think maybe they couldnt use earth as a PoO from another galaxy, maybe they could dial when Atlantis went back to Milky Way

Comment

Keep in mind that Earth is in a major conflict with the lucian alliance and has very thinly stretched resources, even if they had 3 fully functional ZPMs they would most certainly be in use on the ancient weapons platform or on Ships defending Earth.

Yes, I'm sure they were planning on using Atlantis to contact destiny but as Rush alludes to commonly, they ascended before they had a chance to send a crew to Destiny; its unclear weather or not there was an exact time the Ancients planned on contacting Destiny.

Comment

If atlantis had three fully functioning ZPM's, why couldn't they land on the ancient outpost and combine the 3 zpm's with a fourth from the outpost?
                          An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
                            If atlantis had three fully functioning ZPM's, why couldn't they land on the ancient outpost and combine the 3 zpm's with a fourth from the outpost?
                            Atlantis was designed by the Ancients to work with 3 ZPMs max, in EATG the lantian team maxed out the amount of power the city's power grid could transfer, which is why they couldn't pull the city up from the atmosphere, maintain shields under heavy stress and fire anything more than a handful of drones at a time, the city simply can't handle more power running through it's systems than a small portion of each of the 3 ZPMs can provide.

Basically the writers of Universe didn't entertain the idea of ZPMs being used to dial destiny or Atlantis for that matter.
                            I think Rush even said in one episode that Destiny would be outside of the range for the Ancient's to dial back to the milky way or dial into Destiny, I forget which episode it was though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                              Atlantis was designed by the Ancients to work with 3 ZPMs max, in EATG the lantian team maxed out the amount of power the city's power grid could transfer, which is why they couldn't pull the city up from the atmosphere, maintain shields under heavy stress and fire anything more than a handful of drones at a time, the city simply can't handle more power running through it's systems than a small portion of each of the 3 ZPMs can provide.

Basically the writers of Universe didn't entertain the idea of ZPMs being used to dial destiny or Atlantis for that matter.
                              I think Rush even said in one episode that Destiny would be outside of the range for the Ancient's to dial back to the milky way or dial into Destiny, I forget which episode it was though.

This is not entirely accurate, in EATG, they had used a tremendous amount of power prior to the fight by using the wormhole drive. The city could handle that amount of power. In the episode mckay and mrs. miller, the ancients had in place a device which could potentially have created more power than that of the ZPM's. Rush himself would have probably lied because it would potentially have threatened his position as lead scientist.
                              An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

There is one possibility. Using the ancient database and asgard components to build a power supply for the earth gate the same as that powers destiny. The power from the stars themselves. If they could harness that or double that (like when destiny and the seedship are combined) They could get to destiny safely, or if asgard and ancient knowledge can get earth to produce safe clean fusion energy that is similar too.

Comment

Working...
                                X