Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are SAM, TEAL'C and DANIEL in the movies?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    What they did with Daniel in Seasons 9/10 is what you call giving a character a personality transplant and therefore otherwise known as character assassination. Simple as.
    Personally, I don't see it that way at all. IMO, how Daniel reacted in Seasons 9 and 10 pretty well fit the circumstances he was thrust into.

After all, it was partly his and Vala's fault that the Ori learned of us here in the MW in the first place. I feel that a lot of the changes he went through were mainly based on his strong desire to set things right.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Personally, I don't see it that way at all. IMO, how Daniel reacted in Seasons 9 and 10 pretty well fit the circumstances he was thrust into.

After all, it was partly his and Vala's fault that the Ori learned of us here in the MW in the first place. I feel that a lot of the changes he went through were mainly based on his strong desire to set things right.
      But being a Daniel fan, aren't you upset at losing what made Daniel Daniel? He was so moral, kind, smart (I don't mean intellectually - because he still is ), passionate and the voice that made you think about the other side. He was everything he isn't now. They tried to make him into Jack/Shep/Cam, with a bit of Daniel thrown in. They didn't need to change him so dramatically; they already had Mitchell/Landry/Vala to fill the void Jack left. They didn't need to make him into the snarky, condescending, inappropriately placed sarcasm, mean ('Unending') guy that he turned into. He could have just carried on progressing like he had been for the first 8 seasons. I mean if you look at any episode from season 1 and compare it to one from 8, you can't say Daniel hasn't grown or matured. He has, but just in a way that felt natural.

And I do understand where you're coming from, with the Ori stuff, but we could have seen Daniel's inner torment and feelings regarding that, like we did when he lost Sha're or came back from being ascended. We didn't need to see this 'couldn’t give a ****' demeanour that he decided to put on.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

And I do understand where you're coming from, with the Ori stuff, but we could have seen Daniel's inner torment and feelings regarding that, like we did when he lost Sha're or came back from being ascended. We didn't need to see this 'couldn’t give a ****' demeanour that he decided to put on.
        I guess I just see these past two seasons a bit differently than you have. Which isn't a good or bad thing. Everyone views things differently. IMO, Daniel is still Daniel. He's just had so much happen to him over the years, and lost so much, that he has forever been scarred by it. I don't really see him as having a "couldn't give a ****" demeanor. I do see where you're coming from, though.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I guess I just see these past two seasons a bit differently than you have. Which isn't a good or bad thing. Everyone views things differently. IMO, Daniel is still Daniel. He's just had so much happen to him over the years, and lost so much, that he has forever been scarred by it. I don't really see him as having a "couldn't give a ****" demeanor. I do see where you're coming from, though.
          Thanks. I guess I feel so upset because I used to love Daniel so much. With the loss of Jack and Sam/Teal'c being wallpaper, I guess I didn't realise how much I actually missed Daniel and his interaction with the original team. You do make a valid point about the emotional trauma finally taking its toll, but I guess its just going to take a while to get used to. Hopefully, with Jack back in 'Continuum' rescuing Sam/Daniel (Cam) from the Arctic, I'll be happier with Daniel.

I like the fact that even though we have opposing views, we can still see both sides.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I like the fact that even though we have opposing views, we can still see both sides.
            No thanks necessary. IMO, one of the most important things about these forums should be about trying to see both sides. Just because people have opposing views on an issue, doesn't mean they can't stay civil like we have with one another. Maybe even walk away with a slightly different view of things as well.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Character development is what you call Daniel seasons 1 through 8; a smooth easy transition where a character grows and matures with every experience, every adventure and every character moment. When you’re confident you've been watching the same person develop through life and only notice a major change when comparing an episode from the first and the eighth season. What they did with Daniel in Seasons 9/10 is what you call giving a character a personality transplant and therefore otherwise known as character assassination. Simple as.
              It's all in your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Icemancmd View Post
                I was looking at that "Farwell to SG1" feature on the board and it saids Ben and Claudia are featured in the 2 movies but under same, tealc and daniel is DOENST say that...are they even in it? If so do they just have small roles while ben and caludia are the main characters? thanks
                Lol wtf. No sg1 has been recast by younger hipper actors.

DUH the actors of sg1 will be in the first sg1 movie :-p

Comment

Working...
                X