Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Zap2it - July 9, 2010
    'Eureka': James Callis suits up for Season 4
    James Callis will look sharp when he joins the cast of "Eureka" this season, but he'll sound a little different.

"I've got well-cut suits," he says, "but they haven't given me the British accent."

You win some, you lose some.

The Syfy show's Season 4 premiere Friday (July 9) will feature the first appearance by Callis -- best known as Dr. Gaius Baltar (with the British accent) on "Battlestar Galactica" -- as the enigmatic Dr. Grant, a physicist and former Eureka resident whose departure from and return to town are both shrouded in mystery.
    More here (spoilers)
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

From Chicago Now - July 9, 2010
      'Eureka' takes a wild, wonderful ride; 'Haven' flawed
      Syfy relaunches its Sci-Friday nights this week with the return of fan favorite "Eureka" and the series premiere of "Haven."

Both shows delve into the mysteries of the secretive towns in which they are set with a light touch that works for "Eureka," but doesn't seem fitting for the new series based on Stephen King's "The Colorado Kid."

"Same Eureka, different day," says Sheriff Jack Carter (Colin Ferguson) in "Founder's Day," which opens the whimsical show's fourth season at 8 p.m. Friday.

Well, it's not quite the same "Eureka." Series co-creator, writer and exec producer Jaime Paglia and his team retain their perfect mix of humor, pathos and action that has kept viewers wanting more, but they change things up in a big way, thus opening the show to new viewers while still delighting old ones.

I can say without a doubt that the first two episodes back are the finest I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
      More here (spoilers)
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

From Chicago Now - July 8, 2010
        Colin Ferguson, Jaime Paglia promise 'best 10 episodes' of 'Eureka'
        The episode ends with an awesome twist that exec producer-writer Jaime Paglia and star Colin Ferguson, who plays Sheriff Jack Carter, that reboots the show in exciting ways. They promise a season of surprises, as a matter of fact.

"The entire 10 episodes were sort of filled with this sort of new sense of 'Well if we could do this, then we could do this. And if we can do this, then we could do that,'" Ferguson said when I asked about the fresh direction. "It made for probably the best 10 episodes we've done."

Paglia agreed, saying that everyone involved in the show has found a renewed energy this season.

"Everybody has just been so excited by the opportunity and they're all doing their best work," he told me. "I don't think the show has ever looked as good. I don't think the stories have ever been as compelling. And the performances just across the board by everybody have been really phenomenal."
        More here (spoilers)
        - Life after Stargate -
        sigpic

Comment

Interview with James Callis (Dr. Trevor Grant) - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...t-town.html#tp

Comment

Eureka and Sanctuary - Guest Stars Announced at Comic-Con

Syfy announced two guest stars for its returning series that had fans buzzing at Comic-Con.

Felicia Day, of the Web series "The Guild" and "Legend of Neil," as well as "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog," joined the "Eureka" panel Saturday to announce that she'll be appearing in 10 episodes of the show.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/eur...#ixzz0umRH1en4

Comment

From Maureen Ryan, Chicago Tribune. 07/26/10
              'Eureka' producers talk Felicia Day, James Callis of 'BSG' talks time travel
              Big things are happening on Syfy's "Eureka," which revealed a time-shifting plot when its fourth season began earlier this month.

At Comic-Con, I spoke to the executive producers of the show, Bruce Miller and Jaime Paglia, about the serious consequences of that change to the show's dynamics (the main characters were shifted into 1947, and when they returned to 2010, their town and lives were notably different).

In the video interview below, they also spoke about the casting of Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton in the second half of the show's fourth season (the episodes featuring both Wheaton and Day, who had announced their "Eureka" episodes just hours earlier at a panel for "The Guild," will air early next year).

I also spoke with James Callis, who joined the show in Season 4 as the mysterious Dr. Grant, who traveled from his time frame, 1947, to 2010. As you no doubt know, Callis played Gaius Baltar on "Battlestar Galactica," and in the video clip below, he talked about the challenges of doing an American accent. He was told to study Cary Grant, and he also watched '40s movies to prepare for the role.
              More HERE (spoilers!)
              - Life after Stargate -
              sigpic

Comment

Lengthy interview with EUREKA co-creator/executive producer Jaime Paglia - see link below -

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...-times.html#tp

Comment

Looks like Eureka will be renewed for a 5th Season. No surprise there.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Looks like Eureka will be renewed for a 5th Season. No surprise there.
                    Awesome, where did you hear that? Any word on the cast?
                    sigpic

Comment

Eureka renewed for 5th season

Press Release
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Yay! Yay yay yay yay!

On a side note, I guess this means we get all 20 episodes of S4 within a reasonable amount of time!
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Sweet!
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            Yay! Yay yay yay yay!

On a side note, I guess this means we get all 20 episodes of S4 within a reasonable amount of time!
                            One would certainly hope so.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Interesting, Ming-na to appear on Eureka
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                She's a great actress so I'm looking forward to the episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X