No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just don't think they're gonna help us that way.

i think the Altairans should be physically about the strenght of a human in good condition. nothing fancy. and their memory shouldn't be massive either. on the job of calculations, yes they'd be good.

if we were to build an android right now, a human could defeat it easily in hand-to-hand combat. but i think an Altairan as a friend would be nice.

i thiink an alien "ambassador" for some of our friends would work nice. having a tok'ra around, or a an Altairan.

i think the F-302 should become available earlier, just as the Railgun.

Comment

the ancients should be left for dead, gone. As for ambassadors, seems only logical if one wishes to uphold diplomatic relations.

www.darkarmada.nl
      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

the alTAIRans are robots. not to be confused with Alterans. Alterans means others. Altairans means people from altair. but maybe we should call them something different?

Comment

oh and they wouln't really be ambassadors. i just don't know how to put it otherwise. they stick around and are useful.

Comment

Don't worry, I'll be sure to watch for your scheming ways. There's a real phobia of AI here, even when their not AIs, copies of SG-1 would be just as loyal and composed as the real ones.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              i just don't think they're gonna help us that way.

i think the Altairans should be physically about the strenght of a human in good condition. nothing fancy. and their memory shouldn't be massive either. on the job of calculations, yes they'd be good.

if we were to build an android right now, a human could defeat it easily in hand-to-hand combat. but i think an Altairan as a friend would be nice.

i thiink an alien "ambassador" for some of our friends would work nice. having a tok'ra around, or a an Altairan.

i think the F-302 should become available earlier, just as the Railgun.
              Actually, we saw in the episode that they could jump great distances and bend metal with their hands, so they are pretty strong, still I expect they need maintenance or something, like all machines. And we don't have to build 'e, the facilities exist on Altair, so we can use that advanced manufacturing capability.

As to their minds, I doubt their fully electronic, some sort of composite electro-chemical computer probably. When somebody is scanned, their synaptic connections are mapped and the android brain is wired identically. Like a normal brain with nanoprocessors (like the Orbanian ones) instead of neurons.

A Tok'Ra operative on loan to Earth would be great, not just as a source of information, but as help with reverse-engineering alien tech.

Railguns and F-302s an be introduced earlier, but we still have to keep in mind the industrial bottleneck when dealing with a black program like the SGC, the only way I see to get these things faster would be to outsource a lot of production to places like Orban, Hebridian and Optrica.

Speaking of which, can we agree on capturing Klorel's Ha'Tak? If Hammond moved on Daniel's warning immediately, and stalled Kingsley, they can find out it's a ship and begin boarding action.

Comment

I've got an idea for a small group of Tau'ri....

Spoiler:
                it's a small, but global, band of tau'ri that gain access to some tech. Nothing more than maybe Ion Drive and a Goa'uld Cargo ship Hyperdrive.... maybe ring tech.

With this they are able to create no more than 4 ships (i'm leaning towards the ship on the right of my sig, minus the big guns) and they move around the Milky Way as a similar group to any SG program, but with slightly looser morals (Got the phrase 'Morally Grey' in my head for this).

the idea is that they wouldn't be a direct bad guy for an SG program.... but they'd butt heads often, though they'd never do anything, or leave proof of anything, that'll have any SG program try and shut them down.

what do you think?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

It's the Trust. Depends when their introduced, the main problem with small groups is that they have a limited story potential.

Comment

I've had an idea of a seperate Human race in my head for a while and here would probibly be the best place to show it off.

Spoiler:
                    Right this group of humans are from a planet on the outer rim of the galaxy (which helps explain why the goa'uld have left them alone). They have had FTL capabilities for hundreds of years now (Similar technology wise with that of humany in Halo) and as such have a sizeable empire. They would be very militaristic society due to the threat of the Goa'uld and is ruled by a government similar to communism (Only this one actually works).

They are happy enough with the status quo as they have plenty of breathing space and the goa'uld are too busy fighting each other than to take them seriously. But when a situation presents itself they will answer the call.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Spoiler:
                      I don’t like reading about militaristic society because not one Pearson who has written a fan fiction that I have read has got them right yet. They try to make them too nice

Comment

Actually, we saw in the episode that they could jump great distances and bend metal with their hands, so they are pretty strong, still I expect they need maintenance or something, like all machines. And we don't have to build 'e, the facilities exist on Altair, so we can use that advanced manufacturing capability.

As to their minds, I doubt their fully electronic, some sort of composite electro-chemical computer probably. When somebody is scanned, their synaptic connections are mapped and the android brain is wired identically. Like a normal brain with nanoprocessors (like the Orbanian ones) instead of neurons.
                        it's not my fear for AI but for the superhuman abilities. i'm fine with endurance, not with the strength. i have thought of a machine allied race for my fanfic ideas, and it works, but there are prerequisites. first off, any maker with intellect would make them human-like, otherwise the robots don't have the same goal. these are humans, which is why i fear the superhuman part.

A Tok'Ra operative on loan to Earth would be great, not just as a source of information, but as help with reverse-engineering alien tech.

Railguns and F-302s an be introduced earlier, but we still have to keep in mind the industrial bottleneck when dealing with a black program like the SGC, the only way I see to get these things faster would be to outsource a lot of production to places like Orban, Hebridian and Optrica.

Speaking of which, can we agree on capturing Klorel's Ha'Tak? If Hammond moved on Daniel's warning immediately, and stalled Kingsley, they can find out it's a ship and begin boarding action.
                        yes i'm thinking of this on multiple levels: not only does america only share the alien technology research, but with the tok'ra i imagine the same: earth brings in cool stuff, and the tok'ra help research, gaining knowledge for themselves aswel.

well we'd have the 8 main industrial nations in control, so it's a bit easier.

also, yes a ha'tak is useful. i don't think it's gonna give us spaceships in a year, but at least mapping the thing, locating important primarly and secondary systems and some sort of control interface is gonna be useful.

and a traveller-like race seems quite good to me. not to big a fan of major empires or small groups.

Comment

I like the ha'tak idea form what I understand a ha’tak does not just carry gliders they have cargo ships and al’cesh as well.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            it's not my fear for AI but for the superhuman abilities. i'm fine with endurance, not with the strength. i have thought of a machine allied race for my fanfic ideas, and it works, but there are prerequisites. first off, any maker with intellect would make them human-like, otherwise the robots don't have the same goal. these are humans, which is why i fear the superhuman part.
                            Sorry, you lost me.

yes i'm thinking of this on multiple levels: not only does america only share the alien technology research, but with the tok'ra i imagine the same: earth brings in cool stuff, and the tok'ra help research, gaining knowledge for themselves aswel.

well we'd have the 8 main industrial nations in control, so it's a bit easier.

also, yes a ha'tak is useful. i don't think it's gonna give us spaceships in a year, but at least mapping the thing, locating important primarly and secondary systems and some sort of control interface is gonna be useful.
                            Oh definitely, but having one would do two important things: it would give Earth a real line of defense against future attack and it would prove to potential allies that when we take a souvenir we don't **** around, so to speak. Capturing Klorel's Ha'Tak would also likely allow us to contact the Tok'Ra earlier, I think it isn't to far fetched that they had an operative aboard.

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                            I like the ha'tak idea form what I understand a ha’tak does not just carry gliders they have cargo ships and al’cesh as well.
                            The Al'kest have never been confirmed and the tal'taks seemed to be missing in the first season finale. So I'm playing it conservative just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              Oh definitely, but having one would do two important things: it would give Earth a real line of defense against future attack and it would prove to potential allies that when we take a souvenir we don't **** around, so to speak. Capturing Klorel's Ha'Tak would also likely allow us to contact the Tok'Ra earlier, I think it isn't to far fetched that they had an operative aboard.
                              In their first episode, the Tok'ra already confirmed that they had operatives on Apophis's and Klorel's Ha'tak. I just wonder how we are really going to capture two ships full of Jaffas. That would be a massive operation that would later not go unnoticed by the other System Lords.

And probably, to "ensure our safety", the Tok'ras would want to bring back at least one of those to the Goa'ulds. They would then be able to use that in their mind game, telling something like :

" We had a good look at them! There is no way they were regular humans. Rather slaves enlisted by one of the other System Lords... BTW we found a spy of [insert Goa'uld name here] among us. Action must be taken."
                              La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                              L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Something like that:

Upon finding it's a ship, Hammond takes operational command of Cheyenne mountain and sends every man with a gun he can find through the gate. But not before requisitioning every canister of sleepy gas he can get his hands on. Thus the fight for Ha'Tak begins with the pumping of large quantities of sleepy gas and visibility obscuring gas into the hallways, which human marines equipped with infrared optics use to their advantage.
                                Furthermore, they can use on site equipment like zats and shock grenades stockpiled for the invasion of earth, as well as the sarcophagus to resurrect their dead.
                                Another idea would be to get the bridge and mess with environmentals, pump CO2 back into the ship's air until everyone falls unconscious.

When Apophis' flagship arrives and begins to send reinforcements, SG-1 sends the nuke they brought along (in case the mission failed) over, and blows up Apophis.

And basically, yeah, have the Tok'Ra blame some other Goa'uld for the attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X