No announcement yet.

Terra Nova Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might check it out eventually. I enjoyed the first two episodes but I got busy and didn't watch the rest. I just don't want to watch it, like it, and know there isn't more left.
    sigpic

Comment

Why, if you like what is there why not watch it? People still watch the Sopranos and they didn't bother to wrap it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        i wouldn't waste your time. it's far from interesting enough to justify.
        That's not the point. Terra Nova had certainly had its faults and there were obvious aspects which could've been improved on, but it boils down to the fact that inspiring SciFi series on TV are being cancelled on a regular basis and the amount of time given for a show to establish itself is decided on randomly as it seems. SGA had five seasons, SGU had two (ridiculous), Terra Nova had one. Chances are not being given for shows which might have had a glorious future a decade ago. The first season of SG-1 wasn't particularly intelligent, either. On the other hand shows like Heroes (which had a great first season, get three(!) more seasons, each of which turned increasingly more retarded.

There is no hard SciFi left to watch. I am happy to hear that at least Falling Skies was renewed for a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Varifold View Post
          That's not the point. Terra Nova had certainly had its faults and there were obvious aspects which could've been improved on, but it boils down to the fact that inspiring SciFi series on TV are being cancelled on a regular basis and the amount of time given for a show to establish itself is decided on randomly as it seems. SGA had five seasons, SGU had two (ridiculous), Terra Nova had one. Chances are not being given for shows which might have had a glorious future a decade ago. The first season of SG-1 wasn't particularly intelligent, either. On the other hand shows like Heroes (which had a great first season, get three(!) more seasons, each of which turned increasingly more retarded.

There is no hard SciFi left to watch. I am happy to hear that at least Falling Skies was renewed for a second season.
          The fact the word "inspring" is subjective makes it more of an opinion that scifi is dying out. The fact about a decade ago is just not true. Thier is not a sudden iaffinity nflux to cancel shows now versus a decade ago. That makes no business sense. You don't invest in a show and have a desire to cancel it. The difference is the fans. We have so much more access to information about the goings on in the show it brings a distorted perception.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't care how ****ty a show is, there will be a bunch of people who watch it and like it anyway (and they seem to be the most vocal ones on the net).

Quite a few good shows took a season or so to actually become good. If you are paying people next to nothing to make a show you can limp for a year and see how it goes. If you are paying a mint for CGA and/or actors the show better be good pretty fast or the plug is pulled. The bottom line is are the networks making money or not.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
              I don't care how ****ty a show is, there will be a bunch of people who watch it and like it anyway (and they seem to be the most vocal ones on the net).

Quite a few good shows took a season or so to actually become good. If you are paying people next to nothing to make a show you can limp for a year and see how it goes. If you are paying a mint for CGA and/or actors the show better be good pretty fast or the plug is pulled. The bottom line is are the networks making money or not.
              MY thoughts too. It should at least have had a second season, from the things I have been hearing. But it is obvious that Fox wasn't willing to sink in another 4 million or so per episode.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Ok it left us with a cliff hanger.
                I hope it gets a second season.
                At this point, I just don't see that happening. I think Terra Nova is pretty much officially dead.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Varifold View Post

inspiring sci-fi series aren't being canceled. LOST went on for 6 seasons. I'd say that probably fit your definition for inspiring. Because it was a deep, interesting, though provoking show with excellent character driven plots and ideas. Remember, the show was actually about the characters, not the island.

Terra Nova has ****ty characters, and a ****ty plot. It was far from inspiring. In fact i'd say it was the opposite of inspiring. if they wanted to make it inspiring, they would have explored the world of 85 million years ago, and attempted to make mankind triumph in this vast wilderness.
                  instead, they gave is typical cut characters with typical whiny problems. it wasn't inspiring because everyone's seen it before.

You can't count shows on channels like Sci-Fi because you can't count on people having cable, or thinking/knowing to watch there.
                  Eureka has had a good run. Sure I'd love for it to continue a lot longer, but I'd say that Eureka was "inspiring" & fun during its run. the new BSG the same. They lasted for as long as they did because they were well done, and even on a sideline network, were about to pull enough weight.

Plain and simple, what it comes down to is that Terra Nova was mishandled by FOX, who changed the layout and premise of the show, and made it into the garbage it turned out to be.

The end.

Comment

im glad it was essentially it wasa horrible version of Jurassic Park
                    sigpic
                    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Unfortunately I saw this coming. I wasn't overly impressed with the show it was predictable and a bit trite IMO. Everything back in a nice little box with a bow by the end of the ep... and the cutesy family bugged me. It wasn't dark or edgy enough for today's viewers IMO...it was a disappointment...cuz it could've been so much more.
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                        im glad it was essentially it wasa horrible version of Jurassic Park
                        no. it wasn't.

a) jurassic park was interesting and fun
                        b) jurassic park HAD DINOSAURS IN IT

dumb to even compare them.

Comment

Terra Nova had dinosaurs in it.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                            You can't count shows on channels like Sci-Fi because you can't count on people having cable, or thinking/knowing to watch there.
                            Nearly every family in America has cable TV; in fact it's gotten to a point where the people won't even move their TV transmitters in New York from the Empire State Building to the new World Trade Center when it's finished, that's how little people watch OTA nowavays. And it's not a problem, all they need to do is actually advertise, stick to putting it in a consistent timeslot, not falling to their own worries and messing with the timeslot, actually make great shows. The crap that's on Syfy doesn't make me want to watch the rest of the channel, in fact it makes me want to seek alternatives.

Crappy programming may be the norm due to America's viewing habits today but that doesn't mean channels should have to go to their level to get viewers; for shame...
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Terra Nova had dinosaurs in it.
                              you keep telling yourself that.

Comment

I always tell myself the facts. Thier were clearly dinosaurs in the show.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X