Other Worlds!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Worlds!?

OK something is really bugging me about Stargate so i hope some person can answer;

I understand that the stargate was buried 5000 years ago so no other G'ould could use it. However this is what is bugging me....In some episodes there are decedents of mongols and even Christianity remnants. How is this possible if the g'ould had no influence or took any salves from earth during these periods?

Now explanation for the "Merlin" worlds was that he planted civilisations on different planets during the time of Arthur so its medieval in retrospect.

hope someone can help

I think you might not be far enough into the series, it is explained more in depth latter in the series, it mainly had to do with the Second gate.

Comment

Originally posted by wiserommer View Post
      OK something is really bugging me about Stargate so i hope some person can answer;

I understand that the stargate was buried 5000 years ago so no other G'ould could use it. However this is what is bugging me....In some episodes there are decedents of mongols and even Christianity remnants. How is this possible if the g'ould had no influence or took any salves from earth during these periods?

Now explanation for the "Merlin" worlds was that he planted civilisations on different planets during the time of Arthur so its medieval in retrospect.

hope someone can help
      They most likely used the Antarctica gate, before it got buried under the ice. Remember that after that gate was discovered there were jaffa bodies discovered in the same vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy7895 View Post
        I think you might not be far enough into the series, it is explained more in depth latter in the series, it mainly had to do with the Second gate.
        I swear this post wasn't here when i replied, but nonetheless you don't have to "get" very far to realize there was a second gate. Solitudes just happens to be season 1 ep 19 where Jack and Sam happen to come through that gate, if you'll recall.

Comment

I understand there was a second gate and jafa were found buried there but here is where it doesn't add up.

- The gate had clearly not been used for 1000s of years due to all that ice and it was in the Antarctic. That's why I cannot accept the fact it was being used to transport humans still.

- The only influence g'ould had over the slaves was various myths from Egyptology which was a consistent theme with the snakes after the gate was buried. However, many worlds were influenced by Christianity, mongols, Baltic etc etc and to my knowledge only Seth was active during these periods and he didn't leave earth. Hathor doesn't count as she was in stasis.

The fact is after the gate was buried no other g'ould came and took humans with them. The few that remained hide or were put into stasis.

-

Comment

How did the gate (or gates) get on Earth, wasn't it because a g'ould Mothership brought it here?
            Why do they need gates? The movie opened with a rather large spaceship beaming a kid from the desert up into the ship.
            In Children of the Gods when there was discussion on burying the gate to stop the G'ould Jack O'Neill said (& I forget the exact words) "Why would they need gates, they have humongous ships.
            Therefore I presume the G'ould would have visited Earth numerous times, in ships, & just taken an isolated tribe from here and there.
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              How did the gate (or gates) get on Earth, wasn't it because a g'ould Mothership brought it here?
              Why do they need gates? The movie opened with a rather large spaceship beaming a kid from the desert up into the ship.
              In Children of the Gods when there was discussion on burying the gate to stop the G'ould Jack O'Neill said (& I forget the exact words) "Why would they need gates, they have humongous ships.
              Therefore I presume the G'ould would have visited Earth numerous times, in ships, & just taken an isolated tribe from here and there.
              The first gate was left there by the ancients ( considered one oldest stargates) one in Antarctica. The second was bought there by ra.

The ship theory could be the answer but I will take teal'cs answer where he explained it would take a year or so get there without gate. So, when they buried the gat I'm assuming ra could not go back hence why they became advanced.

I'm sure if they visited earth one of the system lords, being egotistical, would of laid claim to the planet rather then them poaching of sorts.

Comment

I'm sure if they visited earth one of the system lords, being egotistical, would of laid claim to the planet rather then them poaching of sorts.
                That's my PoV as well. If it was visited by the Gou'ald after RA was forced off, then WHY didn't that Gou'ald claim the earth??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  That's my PoV as well. If it was visited by the Gou'ald after RA was forced off, then WHY didn't that Gou'ald claim the earth??
                  Wasn't Earth protected by the Asgard to stop the Gou'ald?
                  There was an episode, off world, where SG1 was & the Gou'ald were there till the Asgard dropped in & took them away.
                  I get the impression the Gou'ald could visit planets because the Asgard could not be everywhere, but any prolonged stay was taboo.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    Wasn't Earth protected by the Asgard to stop the Gou'ald?
                    There was an episode, off world, where SG1 was & the Gou'ald were there till the Asgard dropped in & took them away.
                    I get the impression the Gou'ald could visit planets because the Asgard could not be everywhere, but any prolonged stay was taboo.
                    You're talking about Cimmeria and that was an Asgard protected world. Until Daniel destroyed Thor's hammer, opening it up to invasion by Her'ur. There were 27 planets total protected by the Asgard, including earth. There were many thousands more left unprotected.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
                      You're talking about Cimmeria and that was an Asgard protected world. Until Daniel destroyed Thor's hammer, opening it up to invasion by Her'ur. There were 27 planets total protected by the Asgard, including earth. There were many thousands more left unprotected.
                      Earth became protected after the Cimmerian episodes.

Comment

Earth became protected after the Cimmerian episodes.
                        To be specific, it was added to the treaty after we killed Hathor and the goa'uld began to see us as a threat.

Comment

Working...
                        X