Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone figure out how to access the Best Ep Poll above? I could only include the Best Episode nominations in my full Season 6 post only...

Comment

The above poll is for the top three episodes. Darren will post a poll on the GW homepage at a later date where you can vote for best team moment, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by medegno51 View Post
        Anyone figure out how to access the Best Ep Poll above? I could only include the Best Episode nominations in my full Season 6 post only...
        I think you may not be able to vote in the poll because you are still a Probie. You can ask the Moderators here.
        sigpic

Comment

Best Episode: Descent.

Best Jack Moment: Working out what was wrong with the plant in Paradise Lost.

Best Daniel Moment: His fight with Anubis in Full Circle.

Best Sam Moment: Working out what was going on in Nightwalkers, and using the antidote to trick the baddies.

Best Teal'c Moment: Sharing his symbiote to help keep Bra'tac alive.

Best Jonas Moment: Giving Sam the idea to remove the Stargate before it explodes in Redemption Part 2.

Best Hammond Moment: Using Thor in Disclosure.

Best Team Moment: Descent.

Best Alien Race: The Replicators in Unnatural Selection

Best Goa'uld Villain: Ba'al in Abyss

Coolest Technology: The mimic device in Smoke and Mirrors.

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode: Tom McBeath as Maybourne in Paradise Lost.
          sigpic

Comment

Best Episode: Unnatural Selection

Best Jack Moment: This from Allegiance:
            Spoiler:

Best Daniel Moment: His fight with Anubis in Full Circle.

Best Sam Moment: Working out what was going on in Nightwalkers, and using the antidote to trick the baddies.

Best Teal'c Moment: Sharing his symbiote to help keep Bra'tac alive in The Changeling.

Best Jonas Moment: Giving Sam the idea to remove the Stargate before it explodes in Redemption Part 2.

Best Hammond Moment: Using Thor in Disclosure.

Best Team Moment: Descent.

Best Alien Race: The Replicators in Unnatural Selection

Best Goa'uld Villain: Ba'al in Abyss

Coolest Technology: Prometheus

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode: David Hewlett in Redemption, p. 1&2
            Last edited by LoneStar1836; 05 January 2012, 08:51 AM.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              I think you may not be able to vote in the poll because you are still a Probie. You can ask the Moderators here.
              That makes sense, then. Thanks for responding!

Comment

Best Episode (Season Six)
                ? Frozen
                ? Descent
                ? Full Circle
                (I know I'm supposed to vote in the poll but it won't let me)

Best Jack Moment
                ? All the conversations between Jack and Daniel in Abyss when Jack has been captured by Baal. (Abyss)

Best Daniel Moment
                ? Daniel attacks Anubis going against the wishes of the Ancients in order to try and save the people of Abydos. (Full Circle)

Best Sam Moment
                ? Sam refuses to give up on Jack when he is missing. (Paradise Lost)

Best Teal’c Moment
                ? Teal'c and his son make amends and Teal'c is proud when Rya'c saves the day. (Redemption, Part 2)

Best Jonas Moment (NEW!)
                ? Jonas is able to connect with Ayiana better than the rest of the team. (Frozen)

Best Hammond Moment
                ? General Hammond brings in Thor as a Hail Mary to keep the Stargate out of Kinsey's control. (Disclosure)

Best Team Moment
                ? After they have escaped the Goa'uld mothership, the new team is all together in gliders, safe and sound. (Descent)

Best Alien Race
                ? Serrakin in Forsaken

Best Goa’uld Villain
                ? Baal in Abyss

Coolest Technology
                ? Human form Replicators (Unnatural Selection)

Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode)
                ? Neil Denis as Rya'c in Redemption, Part 2

Comment

same

Comment

Categories to add for season 7
                    Best Janet Fraiser Moment
                    Best Space Battle Moment
                    Do keep the Best Jonas Moment For next season as Jonas is in three episodes.

Comment

* Best Episode: Descent
                      * Best Jack Moment: Everything in Abyss - more like my best RDA moment actually.
                      * Best Daniel Moment: Helping Jack in Abyss
                      * Best Sam Moment: Prometheus - getting out of the hold while also getting in contact with the outside world
                      * Best Teal’c Moment: The Changeling - the whole ep
                      * Best Jonas Moment (NEW!) - Switching the crystals around in Descent then ringing while underwater into the area where Jack, Sam & Teal'c were
                      * Best Hammond Moment: Having Thor up his sleeve in Disclosure
                      * Best Team Moment: Descent
                      * Best Alien Race: Replicators - Unnatural Selection
                      * Best Goa’uld Villain: Ba'al (Anubis is too immature - reminds me of Apophis)
                      * Coolest Technology: Mimic devices
                      * Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode): Tom McBeath - Paradise Lost
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Best Episode (Season Six) Tough but I'm going with Unnatural Selection. One of the series' best.
                        Best Jack Moment I think most will say Abyss but I'm saying Frozen, "over my dead body." (best line ever!!!!!!)
                        Best Daniel Moment Kepping Jacko company in Abyss
                        Best Sam Moment Being forced by Jack to lie to Fifth and set the clock for 4 minutes. instead of 7 in Unnatural Selection.
                        Best Teal’c Moment In Paradise Lost, Teal'c consoles Sam while she cries for Jack.
                        Best Jonas Moment (NEW!) In Shadow Play, when he explains to his friend that he is sick.
                        Best Hammond Moment
                        Best Team Moment Dealing with the human replicators in Unnatural Selection
                        Best Alien Race Human Replicators
                        Best Goa’uld Villain the Ash'rak from Allegiance
                        Coolest Technology Nir'tis DNA fixer deal
                        Best Guest Star (based on one specific episode) Bra'tac, Allegiance. duh.

Just re-read everyones noms, can't believe I'm the only one who remembered Jacko refusing tok'ra implantation!! EPIC O'NIELL MOMENT!!!!!
                        Last edited by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal; 08 January 2012, 01:01 AM.
                        When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                          Just re-read everyones noms, can't believe I'm the only one who remembered Jacko refusing tok'ra implantation!! EPIC O'NIELL MOMENT!!!!!
                          I think seasons Four, Five, and Six are examples of great overall years where too many good SG great moments are difficult to select as a single ‘great’ one.

Just take a look at my *own* ballot: “Allegiance” is in my personal top ten eps of ALL Stargate shows; but yet, when in came down to this season only, I had to choose “Descent” as the best Team Moment/Episode in Season Six.

It’s nice, though, to see like minds thinking alike here—and Jack’s “Frozen” scene actually was part of my top two or three Jack Moments this season; but, I had to go with “Abyss” in the end because he actually referenced those “Frozen” moments during his torture within that episode. Maybe a lot of posters voted the same way as I did, as well…

Comment

Best Episode (Season Six)

Disclosure - A fantastic episode to introduce newcomers to the SG1 series, even over COTG!! Also a nice focus on Gen Hammond. (See below)

Best Jack Moment

During "Abyss" When Daniel offers him ascension due to no other choice Jack looks at him and tells him there is, he asks Daniel to free him from his suffering by ending his life. A frighteningly sober contrast to his normal happy go lucky sarcasm.

Best Daniel Moment

Daniel's scenes in "The Changeling" are good, but the best is at the end. Its subtle, but his promise to Teal'c that he will watch over him is a landmark moment for me. Harks back the the past, and in a funny way, signposts the future too.

Best Sam Moment

The Episode "Nightwalkers." Sam easily steps into O'Neill's shoes in the field and does a great job. Again, hinting the future. (Season 8). Her warning to Jonas about the dangers of loving junk food is hilarious!

Best Teal'c Moment

Teal'c's determination in "The Changeling" to confront his own fears of death to save Master B. The whole episode is great, Chris Judge shows the inner demons of his character, and it makes Teal'c more of a hero, it doesn't compromise him.

Best Jonas Moment

His scenes in "Frozen" attempting to befriend a scared and lonely Ayianna. It's a moment that defines the open and friendly nature of his character.

Best Hammond Moment

In "Disclosure" his defence of Stargate Command’s record to other nations of Earth and deftly outmanoeuvring Kinsey in his efforts to discredit him and their work, and his attempts at diplomacy. - The look on the Ambassadors faces (Especially the UK one) when its clear Thor is fond of Hammond and dismissive of Senator Kinsey is priceless.

THOR: …….. It is the opinion of the Asgard High Council that Stargate Command should be left in the very capable hands of General Hammond and his team. And while our continued friendship with Earth is not contingent on that, it is preferred. (Disclosure)

Best Team Moment

"The Changeling" - With an unconscious Teal'c near death, O'Neill, Sam and Jonas help Dr Frasier see the wisdom in giving Teal'c and Master B refined Tretonin so they will no longer be dependant on Symbionts. In Master B's case it probably expanded his lifespan too, since he knew his latest larve would be his last due to age.

Best FRASER Moment

Fraser uneasily accepting the team's advice on the wishes of her patient over her medical expertise in the team moment above. Teryl R gives the scene the right balance, highlighting the fact everyone is deciding something for Teal'c without the ability to ask him first. - Even if it is obvious that Teal'c would want it.

Best Alien Race

The Ancients (Frozen) Less is more in my opinion. We get hints the last hints of what was good about them with Ayianna. It makes the discoveries in Atlantis all the more disappointing. This episode nicely builds on what we were led to think in "The Torment of Tantalus" and "The Fifth Race."

Best Goa'uld Villain

Nirti (Metamorphosis) All through this episode she proves you don't need an army of Jaffa to be evil and do awful manipulative things. Her demise is cleverly done too. Ms Samuda earned her money here.

Coolest Technology

Refined Tretonin. - It changed the future of the Jaffa, and Teal'c and Master Bra'tac in particular. A turning point for the characters, and a powerful development for the Jaffa arc of the series itself.

Ronny Cox as Senator Kinsey in "Disclosure". Although he is scheming in other episodes too, here he is like a nefarious chess player, making careful moves against Gen Hammond right to the end. He even gets the last word in the episode!

KINSEY: I'll say this General. Well played.

And so say all of us!
                            Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                            Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Best Episode (season 6) : "Allegiance"
                              Best Jack Moment: The whole episode of "Abyss"
                              Best Daniel Moment: Appearing in Teal'c's dream in "The Changeling"
                              Best Sam Moment: Improvising a radio to contact her team in "Prometheus" while trapped in a locked room on the Prometheus
                              Best Teal'c moment: Staring down a spy during a silent "interrogation" during "Smoke and Mirrors" and getting him to talk just by staring at him
                              Best Jonas Moment: Risking his life by diving underwater to save the team in "Descent".
                              Best Hammond Moment: Calling in Thor in "Disclosure"
                              Best Team Moment: The entire episode of "Descent"
                              Best Alien Race: The Tok'ra in "Allegiance"
                              Best Goa'uld villain: Ba'al in "Abyss"
                              Coolest Technology: The Prometheus in "Prometheus"
                              Best Guest Star: Tom MacBeath as Harry Maybourne in "Paradise Lost"
                              Last edited by hermantheowl; 09 January 2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

If we are keeping Daniel for just three episodes in S6 shouldn't the same thing happen for Jonas in S7?
                                Best Episode (Season Six)=Full Circle.
                                Best Jack Moment=Battle of wits with Herak in Full Circle.
                                Best Daniel Moment=Comfronting Anubis in Full Circle
                                Best Sam Moment=Working with the enemy in Smokes and Mirrors to prove Jack's innocence in the Sen. Kinsey assination attempt
                                Best Teal'c Moment=His trust in Ry'ac and grieving of Drey'ac in Redemption Part I
                                Best Jonas Moment=Proving himself as part of SG1 in descent
                                Best Hammond Moment=Outsnaking Kinsey in Disclosure
                                Best Team Moment=All contributing to save Jack in Abyss
                                Best Alien Race= the Serrikans
                                Best Goa'uld Villain=Ba'al in Abyss
                                Coolest Technology=Gravity room in Abyss
                                Bra'tac in Alligences
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X