GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    the price of everything is going up, so i wouldn't be at all surprised if they had to raise it a little. i'm sure the fees they pay for room rentals + stuff will be higher for them. i just hope they will be able to find a way for those of us on this side of the pond to send in payment for the tickets. the bank fees were a little high for me, and then they didn't send the correct amount. glad the g4 let me pay the difference later. i actually have about £400 left over from AT5. maybe i could hide the cash inside a box of blue jello and send it that way? do you think the post office would question why i'm insuring my package of 1 box of blue jello for £200(or whatever it comes out to cost)?
    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      november weather usually isn't that bad. Like they said, 40's at night, 60-70 during the day

Last time I was there in november, it'd rain in the evening, drizzle over night, clear off by 9am or so, then you'd have until 3-4ish before it clouded up again

not horrible, just needed to have a rain jacket and umbrella
      I seem to remember last November it snowed and brought the whole country to a standstill for a couple of weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
        I seem to remember last November it snowed and brought the whole country to a standstill for a couple of weeks

JUMBLE!
        - don't even think snow - you don't want to jinx us do you? Because of all this global warming crap there is no way to predict what the weather will be like anymore. In the states we have had weather to the extreme almost everywhere (not to mention earthquakes)! So no way to know! Here's hoping for a mild November next year!
        sigpic

Comment

Argh. Was it November? I know this past February I barely got out of Chicago before a freakish blizzard blew in. Hasn't snowed like that they said in almost 45 years. I was literally on one of the last flights out of town as the first few flakes began falling from the sky outside the window on the plane.

Hope the UK doesn't decide to go and break any records next year November.

Originally posted by llp View Post

JUMBLE!
          - don't even think snow - you don't want to jinx us do you? Because of all this global warming crap there is no way to predict what the weather will be like anymore. In the states we have had weather to the extreme almost everywhere (not to mention earthquakes)! So no way to know! Here's hoping for a mild November next year!
          Besides the one in DC yesterday, I heard Oklahoma and Colorado had earthquakes yesterday as well. Not big ones, but they certainly don't top the charts for seismic activity. Very weird happenings lately.

Comment

my understanding was that colorado's was earlier this week, not yesterday

the whole planet seems to be moving into a period of increased seismic activity. Haiti, china, chile, new zealand, now the US...the last couple of years it seems there's been an increase in earthquakes from one 'big' one every year or so to one every couple of months
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

JUMBLE! - don't even think snow - you don't want to jinx us do you? Because of all this global warming crap there is no way to predict what the weather will be like anymore. In the states we have had weather to the extreme almost everywhere (not to mention earthquakes)! So no way to know! Here's hoping for a mild November next year!
              Jinx you? We're talking England in November - that's enough of a jinx in itself

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              Argh. Was it November? I know this past February I barely got out of Chicago before a freakish blizzard blew in. Hasn't snowed like that they said in almost 45 years. I was literally on one of the last flights out of town as the first few flakes began falling from the sky outside the window on the plane.

Hope the UK doesn't decide to go and break any records next year November.
              Yep, we had it February and the previous November - so bring your skis and snowshoes If there's one thing certain about UK weather it's that there is nothing certain about it

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                EH-T the prize is all the leftovers from the next chocolate party.
                Excellent.

Jinx you? We're talking England in November - that's enough of a jinx in itself

Yep, we had it February and the previous November - so bring your skis and snowshoes If there's one thing certain about UK weather it's that there is nothing certain about it
                We Canucks will have no problem with the snow. My only concern would be that your airports is not equipped to handle it so it may cancel flights. Perhaps if we Canadians came early and had our shovels ready we could help out.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Excellent.

We Canucks will have no problem with the snow. My only concern would be that your airports is not equipped to handle it so it may cancel flights. Perhaps if we Canadians came early and had our shovels ready we could help out.
                  I think our airports have learned from previous experience and are now more prepared, but I'm sure a few Canadians with shovels wood be very welcome

Comment

LOL - shovelling I can do - have had LOTS of practice over the years

Mocha - if you have to do a bank transfer again (my bank only charges $30 for the transfer, maybe I just lucked out on getting a reasonable banking institution?) make sure you have them exchange it into GBP *before* they transfer it over. Otherwise, they transfer the amount in US$ ... and it's exchanged the next day in the UK, when the exchange rate will be different, resulting in discrepancies

Hmmm ... Paris in early November. Cool! (I'm planning on visiting at least one other country on this visit too ... assuming I can get the holidays I'm hoping for, I'll have 17 days off this time around! Lots of time to get in some culture, eh? )
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Excellent.

Very cool.....I let you know what flight I'll be on so you can be sure to shovel it all away!

AT4 was in November and it was cold, but not freezing and no snow! I'll take some of the same please!

Sadly, it has been proven on a daily basis this year that in spite of all those politicians saying "There ain't no global warming" - they have all been proven to be the idiots I knew they were (unfortunately not everyone agrees so they are got reelected). So it is now getting almost impossible to predict the weather other then to say we will have some!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hrmmmm... with AT6 being in November, that means I will need more warm clothes... which could justify be buying this gorgeous Aran wool hoodie I've been drooling over.

http://www.blarney.com/product_detai...eh4025/&bhcp=1

Not much occasion to wear that in SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
                          Hrmmmm... with AT6 being in November, that means I will need more warm clothes... which could justify be buying this gorgeous Aran wool hoodie I've been drooling over.

http://www.blarney.com/product_detai...eh4025/&bhcp=1

Not much occasion to wear that in SoCal
                          Very lovely....consider that you might also use it when you visit MoB again - like in Vancouver!
                          sigpic

Comment

Very lovely....consider that you might also use it when you visit MoB again - like in Vancouver!
                            Word. I second that.

*high fives Laurie*

*low fives Antoa*
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

[QUOTE]
                              Very cool.....I let you know what flight I'll be on so you can be sure to shovel it all away!
                              I'd be happy to help.

AT4 was in November and it was cold, but not freezing and no snow! I'll take some of the same please!
                              Everything is relative. I thought it was quite warm.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'd be happy to help.

Everything is relative. I thought it was quite warm.
                                Warm - no, but a jacket suited me fine and on the way back from the pub - didn't even button it up, but that could be because of other reasons!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X