Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You left out "oh, and the special effects are awful."

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      Yeah, they are but sometimes you just have to accept the inevitable.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

3-episode quiz: New Ground, Maternal Instinct & Crystal Skull
        Jigsaw puzzle: Crystal Skull

It took me 08:51 to finish the puzzle. I blame mixing up the two sides for the slow finish.

Comment

Never before have I been afraid of Nitendos. Yes the compliant of the bad CGI is a valid one. That say, I've always liked this one for the interaction between Ballard and Daniel. The premise is a SciFi classic so it's the interaction that sells it. Too bad we never see the giant aliens again. I call if a good.

I got a perfect on the quiz. I have vacation next week so I will catch up on the puzzles
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

6 minutes and 50 seconds
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Holy smokes.... 2 minutes faster.

Comment

This was an easy one. You can work on the gray pieces in the corners. Once this is done, It's a lot easier to do Daniel's face
                Jelgate is right

Comment

15:22.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Seaboe
                    As far as I know this one was the first SG episode when they have shot a complete scene in blue-box. It is not that bad for a tv show and it was just 1999.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They actually made a mistake that's fairly common--they assumed that if the foreground is in focus, the background is out of focus. But if you look at pictures of people at the Grand Canyon, for example, the background is not out of focus. That's why it drives me nuts and why I think it's one of the few episodes with truly terrible special effects.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe they wanted to express how big is the pyramid inside, so the background is blurred for that particular reason. I know it was done a bit lazy, but it is not that bad.

Here are some background infos about the Giant People :
                        http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Omeyocan
                        But this is based on a novel, so it is just "half-canon".
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

They actually made a mistake that's fairly common--they assumed that if the foreground is in focus, the background is out of focus. But if you look at pictures of people at the Grand Canyon, for example, the background is not out of focus. That's why it drives me nuts and why I think it's one of the few episodes with truly terrible special effects.

And it clicks... yes, this.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            Maybe they wanted to express how big is the pyramid inside, so the background is blurred for that particular reason.
                            But it wouldn't be blurred. That's why I chose the Grand Canyon for my example. In this picture, for example, both the climber and the background are in focus--and that background is miles away. Blurring the background doesn't make it look huge, it makes it look poorly done.

Seaboe

Comment

12:51

I enjoyed seeing Daniel's grandfather, Nick, and finding out both Daniel and Nick had similar experiences in the academic world. Loved seeing the alien giants! General Hammond's call with his granddaughter was sweet.

I rate this as good, just because the special effects were bad. Everything else was great!

Comment

i liked it too it was curious that they used a pyramid, it made me wonder and i sort of enjoyed the possibility of a giant city somewher with that as a sort of portal or meet and great zone for the other races to find them at etc

Comment

Working...
                                X