No announcement yet.

ST: Enterprise Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeffery Combs was awesome as Shran. I always loved the eps with the Andorians in them. Shran and Archer worked very well together
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
      Shran and Archer worked very well together
      Totally. I think that was partially because Archer became an edgier character... at first he was a bit.... weak? for want of a better word. But once the Xindi attacked in the end of S2, he kind of got some much needed attitude. Then he seemed to play off the more aggressive Shran a little easier.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Letting SPACE viewers in Canada know that you can go to SPACECAST.com and vote for your favourite episodes for this year's Enterprise Boxing Day Marathon!

http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/enterprise_vc/

*cough*voteShuttlepodOne*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          Letting SPACE viewers in Canada know that you can go to SPACECAST.com and vote for your favourite episodes for this year's Enterprise Boxing Day Marathon!

http://www.spacecast.com/microsites/enterprise_vc/

*cough*voteShuttlepodOne*cough*
          Hmmz... As a rule, begging for something on an internet forum is liable to earn a negative vote from me. Will "These Are the Voyages" suffice? *hovers mouse over vote link*
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
            Hmmz... As a rule, begging for something on an internet forum is liable to earn a negative vote from me. Will "These Are the Voyages" suffice? *hovers mouse over vote link*
            *faints*

Comment

I for one loved Enterprise, the series was the second best next to Voyager. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                *faints*
                Quick! Someone get the smelling salts. Oh all right, I'll vote for Shuttlepod One, seeing as I'm helping vote out The Fourth Horseman, Part 1. Will you be able to watch it if the episode wins through?

You don't have to worry about TATV, I voted for The Andorian Incident earlier.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I remember watching the first few episodes and being impressed, only to see the show become atrocious by the third or fourth episode.

After reading about the third and fourth seasons, though, I'm starting to feel like I should give Enterprise another chance. Any recommendations besides the entire Xindi arc? I've heard In a Mirror, Darkly was fantastic.
                  War... war never changes

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                    Quick! Someone get the smelling salts. Oh all right, I'll vote for Shuttlepod One, seeing as I'm helping vote out The Fourth Horseman, Part 1. Will you be able to watch it if the episode wins through?

You don't have to worry about TATV, I voted for The Andorian Incident earlier.
                    Ooh, Andorian Incident- another fav. I guess Shuttlepod One can sorta make up for Fourth Horseman Pt I.

And I'll probably be watching at least part of the day (dependant on boxing day shopping of course )- I don't have the DVD's so it will be nice to see some favs all at once.

Originally posted by Ojos View Post
                    I remember watching the first few episodes and being impressed, only to see the show become atrocious by the third or fourth episode.

After reading about the third and fourth seasons, though, I'm starting to feel like I should give Enterprise another chance. Any recommendations besides the entire Xindi arc? I've heard In a Mirror, Darkly was fantastic.
                    I think the third and fourth episodes were atrocious.....if I'm thinking of the right ones.....

But the show also had some really great ones, if you don't want to watch the whole thing, I can conjure up a list of must-sees. And the Mirror Darkley eps were fantastic, some very fun stuff happened there.

Comment

So if you had to give a basic rundown on the history of the show, how would you do it?

Good or bad start? Good or bad middle seasons? Redemption or damnation for the final seasons?

I'm just trying to get a general feel for the show, and what DVDs to pick up.
                      War... war never changes

Comment

I disagree the third season of startrek Enterprise was some of the best twenty six, i think, hours of television, and proabably the best, that I have seen, season of Trek history, then you have the last season, some great episodes in there, but compared to the thrid season, lowered the bar. So, OK start, I liked the first season, what I saw of it, baad seacond season exceopt toward the end, and a great third seas, great fourth season, but lower then the third.

Comment

First and second seasons have some good episodes, but are nothing beyond typical average Trek- there are definitly a few not-to-miss episodes in there though, "Shuttlepod One" "Shockwave I and II" "Dawn" the season two finale- always forget whether that one's called "The Xindi" or "The Expanse" "The Andorian Incident" "Singularity" "Minefield" "Two Days and Two Nights"are all among my favourites (I'm sure I forgot something though).

Season three is almost entirly good, except for a highly cringeworthy episode called.....I forget the name right now, but it's near the beginning and about several of the enterprise crewmembers evolving into another species and running around a planet acting like ape-men. Rajin is another no-so-good ep, but it does continue the ongoing plot- and the second half of that season especially is steller, high stakes, tough choices- it's some great stuff. Also look out for "Twilight" and "Similitude" two amazingly emotional episodes.

Season Four, I absolutly love as well- the opening two-parter is bizarre but still good, and look for the "trilogy" stories- there are three of them in this season, the best is the Vulcan arc, there is some lovely stuff there. Another great two-parter deals with the Klingons and how they lost their ridges, and of course look for Brent Spiner playing a relative of Dr. Soong in the "Augments Trilogy". Then of course there's the REAL finale- a wonderfully put together two parter set exclusivly in Earth's solar system that hints at the beginnings of the Federation. The actual final episode is laughable crap structured like swiss cheese and is set six years later, it destroyed much of the show and really, really isn't worth watching.

I'd say seasons three and four are the ones most worthwhile getting a hold of- these were the seasons that the Trek show runners started to take risks again, they got a little more ambitious, and it really paid off. It's a shame, because in season four they really began to find their footing in telling multi-episode stories, which I think they would have perfected if they had gotten a season five and added Jeffrey Combs as a full-time cast member.

Though I would warn that Enterprise is expensive- I can't find a season for under $160 in store up here at the moment.

Comment

$160?! Wow, I bought them brand new and it was still only $120, maybe less.

Comment

I read up on episodes over on Memory-Alpha, and I'm impressed by the later episodes. It sounds like they knew the show was on the line, and they upped the quality. Looks to me like it was too late, though.

I loved TNG's Pegasus, but setting one show's series finale during another show's regular episode just sounds horrible. Didn't These Are the Voyages end up being a rush job due to the lack of notice they had on being cancelled?

The Surak arc looks interesting, as does the Augment crisis. How about the Andorian episodes, though? I remember seeing Jeffrey Combs as Shran in Shadows of P'Jem or The Andorian Incident, whichever one it was where Archer spends the entire time covering for the Vulcans only to end up with egg on his face. If he's even half as good in the rest of the show as he was playing Weyoun, I think I'm going to have to go episode hunting.

It's a shame the show died when it did. It seemed like Manny Coto knew where to take the show. Too bad he was put on hospice duty...
                              War... war never changes

Comment

in australia, the final ep, these are the voyages, aired last sunday. yet to watch. probs 2nite. anyway, i think the augment eps were good, brent spiner back, and also the whole vulcan-human "freak" joining was good. that was where the people cloned a baby from t'pol and trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X