Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
    ^ on a smilar note,

... when you quote 3 seasons of DW and one season of TW more than 10 seasons of sg1! *covers mouth* "it's a gas mask" *cackles*
    haha!!!! but my friends were shocked and disappointed... they've never seen me the hyped up about anything in the nine galaxies.... and all after one, just one ep of Torchwood
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      haha!!!! but my friends were shocked and disappointed... they've never seen me the hyped up about anything in the nine galaxies.... and all after one, just one ep of Torchwood
      lol my friends are used to it by now. they're all in it with me, taping the eps and talking about them the next day!
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

When you see a girl who looks like Rose and yell out "Rose"
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

When you feel very, very unsure if you should open your pocket watch

Comment

Originally posted by ChocolateLovingEntity View Post
            When you search all over just in case you do have a pocket watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              When you search all over just in case you do have a pocket watch.
              Hey, I've got a pocket watch somewhere. Perhaps I am a Timelord!
              My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

When you buy a pocket watch because of Doctor Who. It has a picture of Chairman Mao on it but that doesn't mean it's not timelord

Comment

My sproggies are Whovians. Firstborn claims that his bedroom makes the Tardis noise at night; it's the hot water cistern, but try telling him that.

Youngest sees Autons in every clothes shop window. He likes to suddenly -freeze!- a la the weeping angels; then he tries to creep towards me as I blink.

Madeleine

Comment

I always wondered about the autons.....

If they're just shop dummies come to life where did the guns come from?

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      He likes to suddenly -freeze!- a la the weeping angels; then he tries to creep towards me as I blink.
                      awww thats so cute

...when you get text messages all day from ppl checking the time for tonights DW
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I always wondered about the autons.....If they're just shop dummies come to life where did the guns come from?
                        They are NOT shop dummies come to life. They are beings created out of living plastic to resemble shop dummies. This was done by the Nestine Intelligence as a way to integrate them into human life ready to take over. When Dr Who first encountered the Nestine Intelligence it also created Autons in the shape of dolls and Killer daffodils(!). The guns in the 'shop dummy' Autons are added when they are created.

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                          They are NOT shop dummies come to life. They are beings created out of living plastic to resemble shop dummies. This was done by the Nestine Intelligence as a way to integrate them into human life ready to take over. When Dr Who first encountered the Nestine Intelligence it also created Autons in the shape of dolls and Killer daffodils(!). The guns in the 'shop dummy' Autons are added when they are created.

I know the Nestene have been bugging Earth since the John Pertwee era.

The poor Doc just couldn't get rid of it.

That would mean they were put there long before "Rose" which kind
                          of makes sense since the Doctor must have been on Earth a while
                          before that episode... But who planted them around the place?

Comment

But who planted them around the place?
                            Originally the Nestene Intelligence arrived on earth in meteorites. It then took over a plastics factory and started making the products out of 'living plastic'. These were still sold and shipped in the same way as before, so anyone buying shop dummies from the company got one made of living plastic. These were left as 'sleepers' until there were enough around the country for the Nestene Intelligence to activate them all.

At the end of the original invasion UNIT destroyed the factory. The third time they came to earth (in the episode "Rose") we are not told how the dummies were spread, presumably because there was not enough story time (in the new series most stories are mostly single episodes, 42 minutes long, before adverts - in the classic series you mostly got 4 or 6 episodes of just under 25 minutes each - a story time of 1 hour 20 minutes or two and a half hours). However presumably they used a similar method.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                              Originally the Nestene Intelligence arrived on earth in meteorites. It then took over a plastics factory and started making the products out of 'living plastic'. These were still sold and shipped in the same way as before, so anyone buying shop dummies from the company got one made of living plastic. These were left as 'sleepers' until there were enough around the country for the Nestene Intelligence to activate them all.

At the end of the original invasion UNIT destroyed the factory. The third time they came to earth (in the episode "Rose") we are not told how the dummies were spread, presumably because there was not enough story time (in the new series most stories are mostly single episodes, 42 minutes long, before adverts - in the classic series you mostly got 4 or 6 episodes of just under 25 minutes each - a story time of 1 hour 20 minutes or two and a half hours). However presumably they used a similar method.

That's what I was kinda thinking thanks..

Not one of my favourite villains because it's too easy to bring them
                              back. I figure once dead stay dead and don't return..

Comment

Not one of my favourite villains
                                I kind of have a "love/hate" relationship with the Nestene because they scared me for life (and back on topic, because this could be a "You Know You're a Whovian When..."). I was a kid when John Pertwee first met them and since then I find it difficult to sit alone in a room with a plastic doll, and impossible to sleep if one is close enough to 'get me' when I doze off. And if you put one over the radiator, you had better have brought me a clean pair of underpants.....
                                Last edited by ecchi; 23 September 2007, 12:50 AM. Reason: lost the/ in the end quote tag

Comment

Working...
                                X