Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merlin's Weapon (Shroud & Dominion Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's Weapon (Shroud & Dominion Spoilers)

Spoiler:
    so in the shroud, they finally manage to construct merlin's weapon and use it. one thing that's been bothering me though is why does it matter where they set it off, in the ori galaxy or ours? the thing is designed to channel its effects into another plane of existence. unless when you ascend, where you ascend has some corresponding location in the higher planes, it shouldn't matter. if the corresponding location hypothesis holds true, that's the only reason i can think of that it would actually matter where you use the weapon. for maximum effectiveness against the ori, it would then have to be used where they ascended from. also do ori inhabit a different higher plane than the ancients? ori draw draw power from their followers, whereas ancients do not.

also, given that the ori aren't allowed to directly effect things in our galaxy, lest the ascended ancients will intervene, what does that mean to adria? since she ascended within our galaxy, does she have to follow the ancient rulebook now instead of the ori one?
    That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

(SPOILERS)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    The problem is that Danel once hypothesized that there are multiple planes of ascension (aka higher planes of existence), perhaps even an infinite number. We don't know for certain whether or not the Ori actually occupy the same plane as the ascended Ancients, although it's fairly certain that they do interact with each other on some level at least on occasion. So yeah, it'd be pretty difficult to pinpoint exactly which plane they're residing in and target them with the Sangraal on their home turf. The second problem being that provided the weapon works, it might also end up neutralizing the ascended Ancients themselves and any other ascended entities not connected to either the Ori or Ancients (a big no-no to both). One of my friends actually discussed this once and joked that the effects might even reach as far as the highest possible plane of existence and caused God to have a mild migraine.

This is my personal theory, but in 'Origin', it was shown that the Ori resided at least in part in the physical plane (aka our plane of existence) in Celestis as the Flames of Enlightenment. Since Daniel saw this for himself, it's possible that he decided to activate the Sangraal in their home galaxy since he knew that they were physically present (or as close to it as is possible) there, instead of wasting his time trying to locate them in the higher planes, especially since the situation was pretty urgent already.

And yes, you're right, since Adria has currently ascended, she isn't allowed to personally get involved in the invasion of the Milky Way, as per the rules. However, that doesn't mean that she can't continue to direct her armies of worshippers from the Ori home galaxy. Or heck, even create another Orici for that matter.

And besides, we still don't know for certain whether or not Merlin's weapon truly worked in the first place. Even assuming it did, there's still the matter of throngs of fanatical worshippers of Origin to contend with, who may or may not continue the crusade even though their gods are (mostly) gone.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    (END SPOILER)

Comment

^Omg SG1 might have killed god

Oooooooooooooops!

Comment

Well what the device might do is whipe ascended beings in a local area. Even though you're ascended doesn't mean you are everywhere at the same time, thats made clear several times (daniel and the abydos episode with anubis).

Comment

Sorry but I didn't where can I put this topic...

I am looking for a big image about sangraal merlin pendant...

Do you have one? or where can I find one?

Thanks!!!
          Nile

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
            ^Omg SG1 might have killed god

Oooooooooooooops!
            Maybe even Q and species 8472

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X