No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm signing up for health care coverage for next year and I've had to repeat the spelling of my address 3 times already. Oy vey.

Comment

This is painful!! Yes, I'm going to continue whining.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Good thing you're signing up for coverage then...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Tis the season to beware of rogue Christmas lights. My neighbors put a holiday light show projector in their yard and it tipped over in the wind. When I ran out to get the mail last night, the crazy spinning lights were pointed right at my house. I felt like the ground was moving and I was in some trippy movie scene.

I wouldn't have expected it to be that disorienting. Paired with alcohol, that could have been quite a entertaining moment.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So, have you all seen the Avengers: Infinity War trailer yet?

(putting it under a cut because the preview image is a minor spoiler, nothing earth-shattering though)
          Spoiler:
          Somethings missing from that trailer. Someone rather. Puzzling.

Hope you made it through all the crazy. I have to muddle through my annual enrollment process by next Tuesday and I sooo don't want to deal with it.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! And yay, the board's back up!

Unfortunately, the people in that fandom don't seem to have understood the tags properly. They tend to mark fic incorrectly.
            Yeah, it happens a lot in the MCU fics. Brainless twits tagging their slash fics with Pepper/Tony even though they break them up just to pair up Tony with their sausage of choice. Of course, in some cases, I'm pretty sure they do it deliberately just to spam the tags and piss us Pepperony fans off.

It made me think of the same exact thing. As well as not being aware of the chemistry, and ignoring it instead.
            Did the same people who did Avengers also do Age of Ultron?
            Yup, Joss Whedon. Which of course explains everything.

SQUEE!! When does this come out? I hope that
            Spoiler:
            a) they don't kill Loki, and b) they don't make Loki straight on evil again.
            May 4, 2018 here in the US.

I'm signing up for health care coverage for next year and I've had to repeat the spelling of my address 3 times already. Oy vey.
            Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Hope you made it through all the crazy. I have to muddle through my annual enrollment process by next Tuesday and I sooo don't want to deal with it.
            I am so so glad nothing changed with my plan so I didn't have to do any of that this year. Had to do it last year though, and it was hella annoying as frak. Take a deep breath, hold your nose, and then have a nice glass of wine when you're done.

Tis the season to beware of rogue Christmas lights. My neighbors put a holiday light show projector in their yard and it tipped over in the wind. When I ran out to get the mail last night, the crazy spinning lights were pointed right at my house. I felt like the ground was moving and I was in some trippy movie scene.

I wouldn't have expected it to be that disorienting. Paired with alcohol, that could have been quite a entertaining moment.
            Oh dear....
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! I'd wish everyone's teams good luck, except none of them are playing today. (Though Eri13 is no longer on GW, her Georgia Bulldogs are playing today, so give them a cheer!)

So, on to this week's College Football Roundup: Last night, USC beat Stanford to win the Pac-12 Championship! So I'm a very happy camper this morning.

Next week, Navy plays in the annual rivalry game against Army. And then it's on to bowl season!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

My Sunday was indeed very lazy... like I couldn't get out of the couch cause my cat was sleeping on top of me, and the rule is to not move until she moves.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    My Sunday was indeed very lazy... like I couldn't get out of the couch cause my cat was sleeping on top of me, and the rule is to not move until she moves.
                    Awwwww! Warm fuzzy blanket!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! I'd wish everyone's teams good luck, except none of them are playing today. (Though Eri13 is no longer on GW, her Georgia Bulldogs are playing today, so give them a cheer!)

So, on to this week's College Football Roundup: Last night, USC beat Stanford to win the Pac-12 Championship! So I'm a very happy camper this morning.

Next week, Navy plays in the annual rivalry game against Army. And then it's on to bowl season!
                      I'll always root for another SEC school when my team isn't playing, I was glad to see Georgia win. And without my team playing, it was the most relaxed Saturday I've had in a while. I still love my guys, I really do, but man oh man. This season in one word. Brutal.

Cozy Sunday's are the best!
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I'll always root for another SEC school when my team isn't playing, I was glad to see Georgia win. And without my team playing, it was the most relaxed Saturday I've had in a while. I still love my guys, I really do, but man oh man. This season in one word. Brutal.
                        And even when your team wins, it's always a nailbiter. At least, it sure is for me!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And even when your team wins, it's always a nailbiter. At least, it sure is for me!
                          Always. ALWAYS! What's up with that? Lol. Saturday seems like such a long day now that life isn't revolving around whatever time the game gets scheduled for. Next up on the Saturday agenda, tacos and brewery tour. Though now that I think about it, that might have been perfect for tonight. Hmmm.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Always. ALWAYS! What's up with that? Lol. Saturday seems like such a long day now that life isn't revolving around whatever time the game gets scheduled for. Next up on the Saturday agenda, tacos and brewery tour. Though now that I think about it, that might have been perfect for tonight. Hmmm.
                            That does sound tasty!

Comment

I just watched the Infinity War trailer. It was pretty intense.

I will say I have my doubts about how likely it is that some of your favorite characters will survive, unfortunately.

Just from glancing at the trailer,
                              Spoiler:
                              Pepper, Loki, Thor all come to mind as being implied to perish.

Tony is clutching what appears to a charred and lifeless female hand while rocking back and forth, at the beginning of the trailer.

Loki has the Tesseract, but Thanos also has it. Suggesting he is perhaps violently dispossessed of it at some point maybe?

Thor appears to be in the middle of what could some heroic sacrifice, and unless I'm mistaken both Robert Downy Jr and Chris Hemsworth have both expressed a desire to move on from the MCU.

Although I guess after further reflection there are other possibly better explanations for those images, but that was my first reaction.
                              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 06 December 2017, 08:19 PM.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good thing you're signing up for coverage then...

It didn't end up being too awful once the woman was able to understand my street address.

LOL! That's too funny!

Yeah, it happens a lot in the MCU fics. Brainless twits tagging their slash fics with Pepper/Tony even though they break them up just to pair up Tony with their sausage of choice. Of course, in some cases, I'm pretty sure they do it deliberately just to spam the tags and piss us Pepperony fans off.
                                Ugh!!!! In the ones I've seen so far, it's that the people don't understand the difference between / and &.

Yup, Joss Whedon. Which of course explains everything.
                                But he's not doing the new one, right?

I was thinking about the weird ship changes and a lot of my TV shows do it too. Star Trek TNG had the Worf/Troi thing at the end, and Voyager had Seven/Chakotay (and that one still pisses me off sooooo much even all these years later). Even Once Upon a Time did it last year with Gold/Evil Queen. So it seems like these guys who write this stuff just are stupid or something.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                I just watched the Infinity War trailer. It was pretty intense.

I will say I have my doubts about how likely it is that some of your favorite characters will survive, unfortunately.

Just from glancing at the trailer,
                                Spoiler:
                                Pepper, Loki, Thor all come to mind as being implied to perish.

Tony is clutching what appears to a charred and lifeless female hand while rocking back and forth, at the beginning of the trailer.

Loki has the Tesseract, but Thanos also has it. Suggesting he is perhaps violently dispossessed of it at some point maybe?

Thor appears to be in the middle of what could some heroic sacrifice, and unless I'm mistaken both Robert Downy Jr and Chris Hemsworth have both expressed a desire to move on from the MCU.

Although I guess after further reflection there are other possibly better explanations for those images, but that was my first reaction.
                                NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry, I'm back. That is why I'm not going into the movie unspoiled. I'm going to wait a few days and hear all about it before I go.

Comment

Working...
                                X