This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
    Are you new to Stargate or something? The unlikely is the norm.

Finding a power source is not unlikely in Stargate.
    Right, you understand this is fiction? So it's not a case of what's likely or unlikely but what the writer needs to tell the story. In the case of SGU the entire point is a group of people stuck in space away from home. What do they need to get home? A power source! Therefore they aren't going to write in a permanent or reliable power source because, you know it would kinda ruin the entire premise of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
      for me the show has alot of plot going for it here is my list
      trying to survive

discovering rushs agenda

finding out how the lucian alliance knew where their base was and why they are so interested in the destiny.

the destiny itself by that i mean seeing all there is to see on the ship because so far they have barely scratched the surface and how powerful are its weapons

also exploring this new galaxy

and lastly seeing how these people cope in such stressful circumstances
      If Atlantis is any indication they won't be showing us the wonders of the Destiny's interior. Just boring rooms and redressed sets.
      I was dying to see some cathedral like areas of Atlantis...The industrial zones which are clearly present on the outer peers and the beautiful office spaces they didn't show us in the different towers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        Right, you understand this is fiction? So it's not a case of what's likely or unlikely but what the writer needs to tell the story. In the case of SGU the entire point is a group of people stuck in space away from home. What do they need to get home? A power source! Therefore they aren't going to write in a permanent or reliable power source because, you know it would kinda ruin the entire premise of the series.
        If the poster I was replying to had said that his reason for believing they would never get home is because the writers dont want it so then sure but he didn't, he said they wouldnt because they are so far away and probably won't find a power source.

There are plenty of scenarios I can think of where they would find a power source and connect to earth where the series doesn't end because of it.

Many people I'm sure thought that Atlantis wouldn't find a power source capable of connecting to earth because it would mean the end of the series but that was obviously proven wrong.

Comment

If the poster I was replying to had said that his reason for believing they would never get home is because the writers dont want it so then sure but he didn't, he said they wouldnt because they are so far away and probably won't find a power source.

There are plenty of scenarios I can think of where they would find a power source and connect to earth where the series doesn't end because of it.

Many people I'm sure thought that Atlantis wouldn't find a power source capable of connecting to earth because it would mean the end of the series but that was obviously proven wrong.
          Err, they connect to Earth then the premise is bust. If they find a way back that’s it end of the show, they go home, with the possible exception of Rush. If it was a two way connection to earth that means no isolation on the edge of space, the replacement of the characters with people better trained and/ or less nuts. There’d be no power struggle on the Destiny between people like Rush, Young and Wray, no struggle for survival. Now considering that the entire point of the show is a bunch of untrained, unprepared people, struggling to survive isolated and alone they aren’t going to find a way home soon.

Comment

In my opinion, SGU is about normal people who have lost everything and have been thrust into an extraordinarily dangerous situation, and how they find hope in the basic ways that human beings can adapt and survive. That is my interpretation of the first ten episodes.

I guess another prominent theme is exploration, and how human beings simply HAVE to push beyond our horizons. Its our nature. This is what I believe Rush represents, as well as how being obsessed with something can be damaging to you and the people around you. I mean, look what happened to Rush at the end of Justice.

There are probably a lot more themes too, but that is a basic interpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
              If Atlantis is any indication they won't be showing us the wonders of the Destiny's interior. Just boring rooms and redressed sets.
              I was dying to see some cathedral like areas of Atlantis...The industrial zones which are clearly present on the outer peers and the beautiful office spaces they didn't show us in the different towers.
              But the whole place was decorated by Ikea. There's only so much Swedish furniture that I can put up with before it gets dull.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                But the whole place was decorated by Ikea. There's only so much Swedish furniture that I can put up with before it gets dull.
                seriously so true.

I tend to think that the Ancients became more functional in their lives, beauty was in the science. They didn't believe in God (as they were working at becoming one), there didn't seem to be a writer or an artist amongst them... so I'm not overly surprised that there wasn't any 'cathedral like' spaces...
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
                  Come on now, I thought it was Raymour and Flanigan? LOL! Get it "Flanigan"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    *boom boom*

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      http://instantrimshot.com/
                      sigpic

Comment

Are you new to Stargate or something? The unlikely is the norm.

Finding a power source is not unlikely in Stargate.
                        Each time before it was ancient technology. The only ancient technology out there is on the destiny. I doubt theres an uber power source just sitting on the shelf in one of the damaged sections.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Each time before it was ancient technology. The only ancient technology out there is on the destiny. I doubt theres an uber power source just sitting on the shelf in one of the damaged sections.
                          And to add that each time they found a power source it was convienant to the plot. A bad guy needed defeating. This time finding a power source would just end the show rather quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X