This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, Newbie question.
    I've noticed that threads I have replied / posted to are not being listed in "my subscriptions."
    Does posting a reply not automatically "subscribe" you to that thread here at Gateworld?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Insolent Slave View Post
      Hi all, Newbie question.
      I've noticed that threads I have replied / posted to are not being listed in "my subscriptions."
      Does posting a reply not automatically "subscribe" you to that thread here at Gateworld?
      Thanks
      Hi. Try now.I've set you to automatically subscribe to threads.

(You can un-sub to as many threads as you like/change that setting amongst other features,once you get past Probie Status : 'Probie' Status for New Members)
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

thanks,

test!

Comment

Y'welcome!

Comment

I have no idea how to reply to someone who writes to me, not on a thread. I pretty much don't know how to do anything on this website. I feel very inadequate. Not a good feeling. Help please!

Comment

Seeing this post was queued and cleared,I'd say you already figured out how to use the "Reply" button..and even how to change an inner title by using "Go Advanced", so what else do you need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Stargateobsessed View Post
                I have no idea how to reply to someone who writes to me, not on a thread. I pretty much don't know how to do anything on this website. I feel very inadequate. Not a good feeling. Help please!
                ^
                Also : To requote a post in your replies - click on the "Reply with Quote" button.

You'll find out a lot more by reading through the Forum FAQ,and the help threads "Stickied" in this section :

Examples :
                Probie Status for New Members
                How To Reply to a Post
                NEWBIES Handy Forum Tutorials!

Comment

Originally posted by Stargateobsessed View Post
                  If you want to reply to someone in this manner (by quoting their message) you must click the "reply with quote" button in the lower right corner of their post. The "reply" button has the same effect as the "quick reply" box underneath the thread. The "+" button is for multiquoting several posts; you simply click it when you see several messages in the same thread you want to reply to in one post and click the "reply with quote" for the last one. Then you'll get all the quotes in your reply box. You can also use this feature through different threads (by quoting someone's post from thread A into thread B, along with other quotes you want in thread B) and other people can go to the original post by clicking on the blue/white ">>" after the poster's name in the quote.

If you want to send a personal/private message (which you can't yet as you're still a probie but you will after another 20 posts or so) you can click on the person's name and then choose "private message", that way only that person will be able to read it as it will end up in their inbox. If you want to say something off-topic specifically to that person but don't care who reads it then you can also go to their profile and leave a visitor's message, unless they have disabled that function on their account.

I think the rest is pretty much self-explanatory but if there's anything else I've overlooked then feel free to ask so that I or someone else can help.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm a visuals person:

Last edited by Nolamom; 26 January 2013, 05:51 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I posted this question over on the X-treme Guide thread, but realized it might be better off here...

Is there a way to change my display name? I'd like my name to have the appropriate spaces and punctuation over there on the left where all my info is.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Done! ( See Xtreme Guide thread.)

Comment

Um so yeah, a long while ago I changed the settings after GW went back to the light blue so the page was stretched across the screen showing mostly the white and very little blue at the side and for the life of me I can't remember how to change it back so the white is down the middle and the blue border is up the sides.

Anyone remember how to change it back?
                          sigpic

Comment

In Settings > General Settings > Forum Skin there are just two options, standard and mobile. Try standard. Actually, though, it sounds more like a browser thing - make sure your zoom is set to 100% (150% gives you almost all white, very narrow borders)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              In Settings > General Settings > Forum Skin there are just two options, standard and mobile. Try standard. Actually, though, it sounds more like a browser thing - make sure your zoom is set to 100% (150% gives you almost all white, very narrow borders)
                              I remember changing something when they went back to the light blue but I couldn't remember what it was. I thought it was something in settings on GW but it must have been the zoom. I reset it and it worked. Thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

This is driving me bonkers and I need some tech help. Whenever I type certain words, like Dell, for example, the site puts it up as a link. I thought it was called link prefetching and I removed it from both my Google Chrome and Mozilla. I also thought it might be called automatic hyperlinking, but I can't find a way to remove it from either Google Chrome or Mozilla, only from offline programs. It's very distracting and annoying. Help, please!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Working...
                                X