Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate New Seasons ~ Atlantis Season 6 ~ Wraith Chronicles ~ Todd's Resurrection

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{Rhys}
    Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
    Spoiler:
    But yet she'd not finished, Rhys still had to be convinced her moodiness was simply a one off..for now.~We shall do fine works Rhys, I know that the code is at my finger tips and with your help we'll have what we need. By your leave.~ She returned her attention to Second
    The Lantean beaming technology was an alluring aim. Reese apaprently knew how to bait him, yet he remained wary. Surely she had exaggerated her skills – she could not have gotten far with her reseach by now. He was certain he would still have to do the main coding work. What could a warrior like her know about such complex algorithms? He was ready to forget about her bad behaviour for this time, as long as she was of use to the hive.

Originally posted by orbofnight View Post
    {Handler}
    Spoiler:
    The Handler chuckled to himself after the masked warrior left with the worshipper population and vacancy report. There were some missing field intelligence worshippers on various planets, most notably over the Genii homeworld and outposts. That left some important vacancies. He chuckled because, although newer to this hive, Rhys already had a reputation for enjoying his job, especially the converting duties. Well, why not? What was the point in living a long life if one didn’t enjoy it?
    While he was giving the last orders to the computer technicians, a drone approached him and handed him a report, together with the telepathically transmitted image of the Handler and the message to get back to the Handler as soon as possible. Switching the small data tablet on and reading the report, a smile came to Rhys's lips. Selecting and converting worshippers was an entertaining pastime; he would take the first opportunity to head to the holding cells where the pre-selected humans were kept who be sorted into worshippers or food.

For now he would have to go back to his office though, and at least skim over Reese's report. Who knows what she may have found out?

Comment

{Second}

~Excellent ~ the Second responded to *Bullseye*, and reached to take Reece's arm as he added, ~ we will proceed immediately. ~ The order winged out into the bubbling thoughts of the hive, lodging with Third. The thrum of the hive's engines coming back online resonated through the floor.

Propelling Reece along, the Second began to head towards the interrogation cells, pausing once to release the young woman, and beckoned her to follow him. "We have recently taken back into our fold one thought lost to us, child, who has been gone for a full year." He didn't slow his stride as he walked, expecting the human to keep pace. "Your father needs you to extract the memories he has of being with the Genii, and to do it carefully." Golden eyes slid a look to Reece. "He is a valuable commodity, and he is required to live -" shark teeth showed in a faint smile - "which I'm certain is not totally beyond your skills?"
      sigpic

Comment

{Reese}

Her head spun upwards and around, Reese stopped midstride, loosening Second's iron grip on her arm. "He? A male?" She said hotly as they neared the cells. ~The Wheel turns as it weaves, Second~ Her look became predatory. ~I have...certain skills, in private, beyond the listening of my thoughts, much information can be subtly extracted in pillow talk. Show him to me~ She stretched her mind mentally and showed Second images of her last encounter with a male, a Wraith Leader of an opposing hive, eh gave up much to her wiles before her blade took his life.

Comment

{Bullseye}

<Dart Bay>

Bullseye checked over the work of the young technician, nodded in approval, and closed the hive wall again. With the dart bay doors fully repaired, he rounded up the nearby technicians and engineers to join the Chief Engineer at the hull.

With any luck, the old solar wind theory would prove to be true and he could sooner direct his attention to what he enjoyed the most: the creation and repair of darts and weapons. He especially looked forward to testing and calibrating stages.

As the Second and Reese walked their separate way, Bullseye sent gratitude to Rhys and Astor for helping to diffuse the unpredictable and unprovoked situation with the Commander’s Child.
          Last edited by WraithTech; 26 January 2011, 04:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Astor received Bullseye message and sent back his thanks to Bullseye for his gratitude but also to let him know that it wasn't necessary for it was part of Astor's duty to help keep things in order and make sure there was no disruption within the hive. Another of Astor's duties was to keep a daily count of the humans in the holding cells. It was repetitive and he wanted it get it done as soon as possible. He summoned one of the drones to accompany him in the count.

As they entered the holding cell area the smell of fear and anger became strong. Astor paused for a moment to take in the aroma before proceeding. He particulary enjoyed humans who smelled of defiance as it give them...a special kind of flavour.

Astor and his drone proceeded to stand in front of each cell counting each prisoner and making sure none had somehow escaped. He knew all too well that humans if determined would find a way to escape and wreck havoc on the hive ship. He would also find himself in trouble if one were to escape.

As he was made his way to each cell some of the humans would cower as he looked upon them and others would stare right at him. Some of them were even bold enough to try and have a few words with him but he ignored their talks. He didn't feel the need to associate himself with his potential food just yet incase they would be rejected as worshippers.

Perhaps I will help Rhys in determining who would make a good worshipper later. He thought to himself. He was finding himself thinking about feeding but then quickly ignored the thought. I am fine for now.

He wondered how many of this group would become worshippers and how many would become a delicious meal later.
            The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

{Rhys}

Rhys acknowledged Bullseye's gratitude and thought to himself it had been a good idea to intervene. He hadn't been with this hive for long and he still sought new alliances among the crew.

After seeing to his reguar work in his office and making sure all essential things were dealt with, he decided he had earned himself a reward for all the stress he's had today. It was time to examine the new worshipper material.

<Holding Cells>

Upon stepping out of the transporter, Rhys was mildly surprised to see Astor who seemed to be occupied with the daily assessment of the humans. Rhys nodded a greeting to Astor.
              ~May I ask for your help, Astor? I can see you have already examined the humans, are there individuals that caught your eye as potential worshippers? ~

Rhys swept a glance along the cells. Nothing spectacular to see. Just the ordinary mix of humans, some scared, some furiously glaring and some trying to get their attention. Checking back with the list he'd gotten from the Handler, he saw they needed a couple of every type: the talkative ones were often good spies but you had to make sure they didn't double-cross you – they were to be selected with great care. The warrior-type made good field operatives. Even the scared humans could have uses if treated appropriately.
              Last edited by Draco-Stellaris; 27 January 2011, 07:44 AM. Reason: Meh, bad writing style

Comment

<Holding Cells>

{Lerl, Haeda, Reodalis: NPCs for conversion or meals as Rhys and Astor see fit!}

Haeda stared coldly at the two Wraith in front of her and tilted her head in a way that exposed the torn hole in her earlobe - the result of a vicious fight inside the jail she had escaped when one of the walls toppled during the cull. She had only been sent to prison because she had been framed. She was angry to have been snapped up by the culling beam after such a short period of freedom.

Lerl’s opportunistic eyes swept the room for yet another wallet to steal. With any luck, he would be chosen as a worshipper and could benefit from the job, but he immediately disapproved of this hive’s human resource management. There were no children and only a few women in the room. Few women meant not much jewelry, if any, for him to take.

Reodalis mopped the sweat off of his brow and stepped forward with a tremor that had nothing to do with fear. He had been a forcefully-converted field operative Wraith worshipper from a fallen hive and was looking for a new hive to serve… and get a fresh fix of Wraith enzyme.

As Reodalis was about to speak to Rhys and Astor, Haeda felt Lerl’s hands searching her pockets. She punched him—hard. The other captured humans backed away as fight ensued between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                  {Reese}

Her head spun upwards and around, Reese stopped midstride, loosening Second's iron grip on her arm. "He? A male?" She said hotly as they neared the cells. ~The Wheel turns as it weaves, Second~ Her look became predatory. ~I have...certain skills, in private, beyond the listening of my thoughts, much information can be subtly extracted in pillow talk. Show him to me~ She stretched her mind mentally and showed Second images of her last encounter with a male, a Wraith Leader of an opposing hive, eh gave up much to her wiles before her blade took his life.
                  {Second}

Eyeing her consideringly, the Wraith grunted, and shook his head. "I do not believe you would find this human to be to your... ah... particular taste, my dear. Or, indeed, he you." He continued for a few more steps, drawing to a halt before the transporter platform, and waited until she stood at his side. "What he requires is a more delicate touch."

The woman bridled, her yellow eyes narrow with annoyance, and he felt the touch of her mind against his own. Clamping down his barriers, the Second chuckled as she railed at him, and stepped onto the platform. "If you feel you are unable to execute such a task, it would be my pleasure to mention it to the Commander."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

{Rhys}

Spoiler:
                    Rhys acknowledged Bullseye's gratitude and thought to himself it had been a good idea to intervene. He hadn't been with this hive for long and he still sought new alliances among the crew.

After seeing to his reguar work in his office and making sure all essential things were dealt with, he decided he had earned himself a reward for all the stress he's had today. It was time to examine the new worshipper material.

<Holding Cells>

Upon stepping out of the transporter, Rhys was mildly surprised to see Astor who seemed to be occupied with the daily assessment of the humans. Rhys nodded a greeting to Astor.
                    ~May I ask for your help, Astor? I can see you have already examined the humans, are there individuals that caught your eye as potential worshippers? ~

Rhys swept a glance along the cells. Nothing spectacular to see. Just the ordinary mix of humans, some scared, some furiously glaring and some trying to get their attention. Checking back with the list he'd gotten from the Handler, he saw they needed a couple of every type: the talkative ones were often good spies but you had to make sure they didn't double-cross you – they were to be selected with great care. The warrior-type made good field operatives. Even the scared humans could have uses if treated appropriately.

Astor greeted Rhys as he entered the holding cell area. ~There a few I believe that may be good candidates. Of course you may find some more humans as good candidates since you are more experienced in determining who would make a valuable worshipper than I am.~

~This human female...~ Astor said looking towards Haeda. She stared right into his eyes with no fear. ~I notice she has scars on her body. Perhaps she could be of good use as some type of field opt worshipper. We don't seem to have many human females of that kind. It could be an advantage for us.~

Astor gazed over to the human Lerl. He noticed Lerl's eyes had been moving back and forth. ~This human is acting a little peculiar.~ Lerl didn't seem to take notice of Astor's stare as he was busy looking at the other prisioners in the cell with him.

Astor briefly glared over to the male human Reodalis. ~ I'm not sure about this one. He is weak.~ Reodalis quickly went up to Astor and Rhys holding onto the prision bars. Reodalis was trembling and sweating as he began to make his plea to Astor and Rhys hoping one of them would listen but he was interrupted as a fight broke out from behind him.

At that moment everyone's attention turned to Haeda and Lerl as they started to fight in the cell. Astor shook his head in disbelief and ordered more drones to come quickly as possible. A few of the drones had come in with their stunners raised at the two fighting humans. As Haeda had Lerl against the wall by the neck she looked over and noticed the drones who had their weapons pointed at them both.

'Release him.' Astor spoke with annoyance in his voice.

Haeda glared at the wraith in front of her. 'Heh. This man means nothing to me and if I kill him right now that would mean one less snack for you guys.' She said with a smirk as she tightened her hands around Lerl's neck. Astor looked over to Rhys with a wraithy smile.

~I think this one would definately make an excellent worshipper for you to convert.~
                    Last edited by Leeta; 28 January 2011, 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post

Spoiler:
                      Astor greeted Rhys as he entered the holding cell area. ~There a few I believe that may be good candidates. Of course you may find some more humans as good candidates since you are more experienced in determining who would make a valuable worshipper than I am.~

~This human female...~ Astor said looking towards Haeda. She stared right into his eyes with no fear. ~I notice she has scars on her body. Perhaps she could be of good use as some type of field opt worshipper. We don't seem to have many human females of that kind. It could be an advantage for us.~

Astor gazed over to the human Lerl. He noticed Lerl's eyes had been moving back and forth. ~This human is acting a little peculiar.~ Lerl didn't seem to take notice of Astor's stare as he was busy looking at the other prisioners in the cell with him.

Astor briefly glared over to the male human Reodalis. ~ I'm not sure about this one. He is weak.~ Reodalis quickly went up to Astor and Rhys holding onto the prision bars. Reodalis was trembling and sweating as he began to make his plea to Astor and Rhys hoping one of them would listen but he was interrupted as a fight broke out from behind him.

At that moment everyone's attention turned to Haeda and Lerl as they started to fight in the cell. Astor shook his head in disbelief and ordered more drones to come quickly as possible. A few of the drones had come in with their stunners raised at the two fighting humans. As Haeda had Lerl against the wall by the neck she looked over and noticed the drones who had their weapons pointed at them both.

'Release him.' Astor spoke with annoyance in his voice.

Haeda glared at the wraith in front of her. 'Heh. This man means nothing to me and if I kill him right now that would mean one less snack for you guys.' She said with a smirk as she tightened her hands around Lerl's neck. Astor looked over to Rhys with a wraithy smile.

~I think this one would definately make an excellent worshipper for you to convert.~

{Rhys} {Lerl, Haeda, Reodalis} - NPC

Rhys looked at the humans Astor had indicated more closely. The woman seemed rebellious and she glared at him as she noticed he was watching her. He replied to Astor, ~Indeed, this one is tough. She may be worth considering. That one however, ~ he glanced at Lerl, ~is a bit too nervous for my taste. Humans like him tend to annoy me. ~

As Reodalis tried to get the Wraiths' attention Rhys pointedly ignored him. ~This one reeks of reglect and sickness.~ Tasting the air with his sensitive nostrils, Rhys instantly recognised that smell - it was the stench of an addict. Someone had turned this human loose. Whether he had failed or whether his hive was lost would be to investigated. ~Maybe this one can give us information from his last hive.~

With interest Rhys observed the sudden commotion as the fight broke loose. As Haeda had Lerl in her deadly grip, Rhys smiled. ~I agree, the female will be… entertaining. ~

Slowly he opened the cell door and sauntered in, ignoring Reodalis once more who took the opportunity to step forward, stuttering pleas. The drones stood by at Rhys's telepathic order, ready to shoot, as he walked towards Haeda.

"Release him," Rhys repeated Astor's order.

"Won't. I wasn't joking, I will kill him," she snarled. "I'm not afraid of you."

Lerl gave a strangled noise, clinging to Haeda's arms, trying to loosen her grip. "Hey, you better listen to the friendly Wraith here, he only wants to calm us down. Don't you, Mr Wraith?" He gave a shifty smirk, aiming to be be both clever and trustworthy.

Rhys kept his gaze fixed on Haeda's eyes. Hazel, he noted. She simply stared back, unblinking as- too fast for a human eye to follow Rhys drew back his feeding hand and slammed it onto Lerl's chest. Haeda was thrown back by surprise and the force of the impact.

Giving a meek cry, Lerl crumpled to a withered husk and died. Dropping the dead body, Rhys focused on Haeda again.

"You are not in any position to deny us a 'snack'."

Haeda narrowed her eyes and spat on the floor before Rhys, then shutting her mouth tightly.

With a grin Rhys turned and left the cell, ordering the drones to bring Haeda and Reodalis into another cell, reserved for the selected few who became worshippers.

~Your estimation of this human was very good. You have an eye for worshipper material. Do you have any experience with conversion?~

((OOC: Sorry about the monster post, the plot bunny ran off with me. ))

Comment

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post

{Rhys} {Lerl, Haeda, Reodalis} - NPC

Spoiler:
                        Rhys looked at the humans Astor had indicated more closely. The woman seemed rebellious and she glared at him as she noticed he was watching her. He replied to Astor, ~Indeed, this one is tough. She may be worth considering. That one however, ~ he glanced at Lerl, ~is a bit too nervous for my taste. Humans like him tend to annoy me. ~

As Reodalis tried to get the Wraiths' attention Rhys pointedly ignored him. ~This one reeks of reglect and sickness.~ Tasting the air with his sensitive nostrils, Rhys instantly recognised that smell - it was the stench of an addict. Someone had turned this human loose. Whether he had failed or whether his hive was lost would be to investigated. ~Maybe this one can give us information from his last hive.~

With interest Rhys observed the sudden commotion as the fight broke loose. As Haeda had Lerl in her deadly grip, Rhys smiled. ~I agree, the female will be… entertaining. ~

Slowly he opened the cell door and sauntered in, ignoring Reodalis once more who took the opportunity to step forward, stuttering pleas. The drones stood by at Rhys's telepathic order, ready to shoot, as he walked towards Haeda.

"Release him," Rhys repeated Astor's order.

"Won't. I wasn't joking, I will kill him," she snarled. "I'm not afraid of you."

Lerl gave a strangled noise, clinging to Haeda's arms, trying to loosen her grip. "Hey, you better listen to the friendly Wraith here, he only wants to calm us down. Don't you, Mr Wraith?" He gave a shifty smirk, aiming to be be both clever and trustworthy.

Rhys kept his gaze fixed on Haeda's eyes. Hazel, he noted. She simply stared back, unblinking as- too fast for a human eye to follow Rhys drew back his feeding hand and slammed it onto Lerl's chest. Haeda was thrown back by surprise and the force of the impact.

Giving a meek cry, Lerl crumpled to a withered husk and died. Dropping the dead body, Rhys focused on Haeda again.

"You are not in any position to deny us a 'snack'."

Haeda narrowed her eyes and spat on the floor before Rhys, then shutting her mouth tightly.

With a grin Rhys turned and left the cell, ordering the drones to bring Haeda and Reodalis into another cell, reserved for the selected few who became worshippers.

~Your estimation of this human was very good. You have an eye for worshipper material. Do you have any experience with conversion?~

((OOC: Sorry about the monster post, the plot bunny ran off with me.

{Astor}

Astor gave a wicked grin as he watched Rhys feed upon Lerl. In a few moments Lerl became nothing more than a withered corpse that quickly fell to the floor when Rhys was finished. Astor glanced over to a drone to give an order.

~Take its body for proper disposal.~

The drone quickly took Lerl's withered corpse for disposal as requested. The remaining drones kept their guard up while Rhys confronted the still defiant Haeda. She spat on the ground towards Rhys and Astor let out a low growl.

~...I can almost taste her defiance.~

His feeding hand went into a fist as he controlled the urge to feed. Rhys gave Astor his compliments on recommending Haeda. Astor nodded at him as a way of saying thanks and relaxed his feeding hand.

~ I've been exposed to all types of humans. After a while...you get a sense of what type of human is what. However I never had the experience of converting any. But I am willing to learn since it may come handy to me at another time.~

Astor ordered a few of the drones to keep guard in the holding area. Since he had completed everything he had to do now was a good time as any to learn the ways of converting stubborn humans.

Comment

{Chief Engineer}

The team of clevermen looked over the repairs in the hive’s hull. There was nothing more they could do for it, save waiting for the new growth to solidify. The Chief Engineer bade everyone to go about repairs and growth of darts next, in hopes that the darts could simultaneously benefit from the same treatment as the hull. He sent a status report via telepathy. ~All hull preparations for the solar destination are complete. Atmospheric pressure is stable and dart bay doors are functional. Commencing work on the darts.~

Comment

<Second/Shrike>

As Shrike stepped from the transporter, he turned his head to watch Reece for a second, could see the emotions flit across her mobile features. The human would do well enough, he decided. They walked in silence, the twists and turns of the corridors blending into each other.

Feeling the ship tremble beneath the soles of his feet, Shrike realised they were on their way at last. Confirmation came seconds later via the pool of thought, rippling towards him from the engineer.

Pleased, Shrike said, "Tell me, child, what it is you have in mind?"

((OOC - I've used 'Shrike' as Second's Wraith 'name'. It's a bird of prey, in case anyone is curious. Shrike aka Butcher Bird.))
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post

{Astor}
                              Spoiler:
                              Astor gave a wicked grin as he watched Rhys feed upon Lerl. In a few moments Lerl became nothing more than a withered corpse that quickly fell to the floor when Rhys was finished. Astor glanced over to a drone to give an order.

~Take its body for proper disposal.~

The drone quickly took Lerl's withered corpse for disposal as requested. The remaining drones kept their guard up while Rhys confronted the still defiant Haeda. She spat on the ground towards Rhys and Astor let out a low growl.

~...I can almost taste her defiance.~

His feeding hand went into a fist as he controlled the urge to feed. Rhys gave Astor his compliments on recommending Haeda. Astor nodded at him as a way of saying thanks and relaxed his feeding hand.

~ I've been exposed to all types of humans. After a while...you get a sense of what type of human is what. However I never had the experience of converting any. But I am willing to learn since it may come handy to me at another time.~

Astor ordered a few of the drones to keep guard in the holding area. Since he had completed everything he had to do now was a good time as any to learn the ways of converting stubborn humans.

{Rhys} {Haeda, Reodalis}

Reodalis was excited and relieved to see he and the woman were picked to leave the cell. This could only mean one thing - since he was certain she had been selected to become a worshipper the same must apply to him. He would live! He would be able to prove he was worthy - and he would get the precious enzyme his whole body was craving for.

Haeda wasn't thrilled at all and she kicked the drone who tried to grab her arm. A small fight ensued as a second drone came to help his brother. Kicking and hitting, even biting like a feral cat, Haeda managed to keep the two drones at bay until a third one fired a well-aimed stun bolt into her chest.

Rhys observed the fight with a thin smile. ~ She is not a trained fighter but she is spirited, with a bit of training she will make a good field operative. ~ Turning to Astor, he explained, ~Converting humans takes some discipline and balance. You have to be patient, even if they defy you, and you have to know who to convert forcefully and who only needs a bit of persuading. If you drain their life you have to know when to stop, you have to feel how far you can push them to the edge.~

Comment

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                {Second}
                                Spoiler:

Eyeing her consideringly, the Wraith grunted, and shook his head. "I do not believe you would find this human to be to your... ah... particular taste, my dear. Or, indeed, he you." He continued for a few more steps, drawing to a halt before the transporter platform, and waited until she stood at his side. "What he requires is a more delicate touch."

The woman bridled, her yellow eyes narrow with annoyance, and he felt the touch of her mind against his own. Clamping down his barriers, the Second chuckled as she railed at him, and stepped onto the platform. "If you feel you are unable to execute such a task, it would be my pleasure to mention it to the Commander."

Originally posted by Isolde View Post
                                <Second/Shrike>
                                Spoiler:

As Shrike stepped from the transporter, he turned his head to watch Reece for a second, could see the emotions flit across her mobile features. The human would do well enough, he decided. They walked in silence, the twists and turns of the corridors blending into each other.

Feeling the ship tremble beneath the soles of his feet, Shrike realised they were on their way at last. Confirmation came seconds later via the pool of thought, rippling towards him from the engineer.

Pleased, Shrike said, "Tell me, child, what it is you have in mind?"

((OOC - I've used 'Shrike' as Second's Wraith 'name'. It's a bird of prey, in case anyone is curious. Shrike aka Butcher Bird.))

Reese slid her katana a handspan from it's sheath, she slid her finger along the atomically honed blade and let it slip back. She brought her hand forward, blood dripped and she tasted it with a wicked smile and then watched as the wound closed. ~There is nothing I cannot achieve with these humans Shrike, with all at my disposal. Though I have found that with the males, one can always find ways around a seemingly impossible barrier by playing on their vices and perversions. If this..~ She stretched her long feline like frame. ~...one is as you say 'requires' delicasy, I sincerely doubt there is another amongst us who could tame him. Perhaps I might make him my personal pet in time.~ Her look was more than predatory now, it was malevent.

Comment

Working...
                                X