This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
    CBS is a part owner of CW (with Warner Brothers, which produces Supergirl), so it's not as improbable as it would be in most other situations.
    Given what aretood2 posted...sounds more improbable than I originally thought...
    sigpic

Comment

Really CBS being part owner doesn't matter. It's like saying a SyFy show could be on NBC
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

so glad I found this sub form I have enjoyed this series I was half expecting to hate this show or being too stupid but I was surprised I enjoyed it from pilot I can't get the CW for some reason I don't have cable just antenna so I have not watched any of Arrow or Flash and I haven't watched Gotham either I get Fox just no interest. I think I am going to be a shipper of Kara & Jimmy
        sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Just a quick word,folks.

CBS have deferred the Episode originally scheduled to air tonight "How Does She Do It?" and brought forward "Livewire" so don't worry.We haven't opened the wrong thread!
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

So started watching this, im really liking it especially since they got rid of the whole "women power" agenda from the first few episodes that was kind of nauseating imo but now its almost got that Smallville feel imo or atleast it would have that smallville feel if given the chance i kinda hope it gets a second season

BTW not trying to start anything but those first 5 episodes were kinda painful and it made Kara, Cat and Alex seem kinda prudish, i know its a show with a female lead but still

just watched episode 13
            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 02 May 2016, 01:56 PM.
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

With the shift to CW, they are looking to do a massive 4 way crossover now, with SG, Arrow, Flash AND LoT! WOOHOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                With the shift to CW, they are looking to do a massive 4 way crossover now, with SG, Arrow, Flash AND LoT! WOOHOO!!!
                Your choice of acronym made me feel for when this place was active and busy.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Well, it beats typing it all out...

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Your choice of acronym made me feel for when this place was active and busy.
                    Its abit sad now huh?
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I was watching the Flash last week when I saw that Supergirl was moving to the CW. I'm glad she's continuing on...but why the network switch?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        I was watching the Flash last week when I saw that Supergirl was moving to the CW. I'm glad she's continuing on...but why the network switch?
                        The ratings fell off a lot on CBS and since WB owns CW, there wouldn't be a licensing fee involved. They're also moving production up to Vancouver to save money. The upside of both of those changes is that now we'll have a 4 night crossover event next season rather than the 2 night ones that Flash and Arrow have had the last 2 seasons.

Comment

I think an issue was that the demographic groups watching didn't fit the intended target for CBS. The CW however will be immensely happy with Supergirl and its ratings.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

It was more demos than ratings. In ratings Supergirl did quite well
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              I think an issue was that the demographic groups watching didn't fit the intended target for CBS. The CW however will be immensely happy with Supergirl and its ratings.
                              IF they don't screw it up.
                              A show like SG is expensive, and CBS can afford it. I still remember the horror of USA network's attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in 1985. No matter how hard I try to forget it.

Comment

True the latter seasons of Airwolf sucked..

Comment

Working...
                                X