Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had forgotten what it was like to surf the forums without lag! Thanks to the mods for taking the time to fix the issues.

Just a heads up though for Chrome users, the forums are still buggy with it.
    Example: random pages won't fully load, even when refreshed.
    sigpic

Comment

Yay! I can use my windows pc again to login. Thanks Darren and Greg. My sig looks weird, but I guess that will fix in time.

Comment

I don't know if this is the right place, but I want to thank all the guys who worked hard to solve the problems and had to endure all the complains!
        Forum works fine even on my mobile, and the forum was one of the reasons I got a mobile with internet function.
        sigpic

Comment

Y'welcome everyone,and it's nice to see happy posts ,but to keep this thread to q/a , might I suggest this as a better thread for thanking Greg and Darren?

GateWorld Appreciation Thread :
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ciation-Thread
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I use Firefox 3.6.17. I can no longer post with that browser because I can't seem to get the text boxes to appear. I press the Reply button and the Quck Reply box is there, but I'm unable to enter any text. Pressing the Go Advanced button brings up the Advanced page, but again no text box.

I had to use IE to post this. Any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks!

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
              I use Firefox 3.6.17. I can no longer post with that browser because I can't seem to get the text boxes to appear. I press the Reply button and the Quck Reply box is there, but I'm unable to enter any text. Pressing the Go Advanced button brings up the Advanced page, but again no text box.

I had to use IE to post this. Any suggestions to resolve this? Thanks!
              That's a known issue in older versions of FF,unfortunately.

Try upgrading your Browser ,plug-ins and add-ons.

See this thread for other tip,work rounds and suggestions :

Info and suggestions re the lagging /glitches. ( Will be kept updated )

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...pt-updated-%29

Comment

Right off hte top of my head, try IE4

That's what I use and I can post.

there seems to be some significant code change between 3 and 4.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm using Firefox 3.6.12 and I can post fine.

Don't like the change in the reply box but I can still post. You can no longer use the tab key to get to the Post Quick Reply button, you have to use your mouse to move the cursor to that button and click it (really really aggravating).
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Info and suggestions re the lagging /glitches. ( Will be kept updated ) thread and Greg/Darren's lists updated.

Comment

Are we gonna get more avatars to choose from? I'm sad, there is no Prior Daniel avatar
                      sigpic

Comment

Darren relies on Wallpaperman of thescifiworld to create the avatars.

I can't find a Prior Daniel avatar in the range in my own panel ,but the suggestion's been noted . Keep rechecking your avatar ranges to see what's available .

From the FAQ

Originally posted by FAQ
                        Why isn't there a Thor / Asgard / _____ avatar?
                        We have multiple avatars for the regular characters and dozens of avatars for many, many supporting characters (under both "Allies" and "Enemies" categories for all shows), plus ships, planets, technology, and more. If you can't find an avatar for a character or something else that you'd like to see, you can certainly suggest it to the moderators! Long-time members with high post counts (somewhere over 2,000) also earn the right to upload their own custom avatars.

Comment

Actually, when you reach a set number of posts, you get more access to more avatars, and when you reach over two thousand posts, you get to upload your own avatars. I looked through the avatar picks, didn't see any of Ori!Danny though.

Also, question; When did we get a spellchecker for post making ??

Spoiler:
                          Spoiler:
                          Or is that my browser ??

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by princess awinita View Post
                            actually, when you reach a set number of posts, you get more access to more avatars, and when you reach over two thousand posts, you get to upload your own avatars. I looked through the avatar picks, didn't see any of ori!danny though.
                            Already answered.
                            Originally posted by bagpuss View Post
                            darren relies on wallpaperman of thescifiworld to create the avatars.

i can't find a prior daniel avatar in the range in my own panel ,but the suggestion's been noted . keep rechecking your avatar ranges to see what's available .

from the faq
                            Originally posted by princessawinita
                            also, question; when did we get a spellchecker for post making ??

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            or is that my browser ??
                            vbb 4.1.3

Comment

I have question, bu I don't know if this one is for the mods or maybe just Darren can answer:
                              Did the overall traffic on GW forum go down after SGU finished and BW announced there'd be no movies? Just a curiosity...

Comment

The traffic peaked during the weeks when those announcements were made ,dropped a little afterwards, and then rose back up to a steady holding pattern despite the forum lags and vbb glitches.

Basically there's still plenty traffic and interest in GW/GWF articles,features and topics ,with new members joining to discuss SG/other scifi shows and movies all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X