Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Random note: it's remarkable how many people in old photos forget to smile.

I LOL'd through the stack of old, B/W pictures Dad brought with him yesterday. I hardly recognized anyone from his side of the family, except for my grandfather. His ears were a distinctive feature. My grandmother was half of an identical twin so that was 50/50. SMILE PEOPLE! Nothing wrong with a wee smile.

And also, tiny me... when I was still cute and cuddly.
    In the really old days they were told not to smile because it was necessary to have a long exposure and they would not have been able to hold their smile still.

So... where were we on The Office Saga.

Oh yes, I remember... that second package...

Chapter VII

Spoiler:
    It had taken the better part of the afternoon but Elizabeth had managed to put all the items back into the box. Most of it had survived the mishandling, except for a package of corn -- she was going to keep finding missing kernels, of that she was sure -- and the bag of nacho chips had been crushed under the weight of the Westvleteren. It was still intact but the pieces would definitely be smaller than when they went into the box the first time round.

She had planned to surprise him for his birthday but an off-world mission had thrown a wrench in that idea so she had to postpone presenting him with the goodies. It wasn't until after the nth Atlantis crisis, much gathering of dust later and stubbing her big toe twice that she remembered the box sitting underneath her desk in her quarters.

"Evening Elizabeth", he said when she appeared at his door, holding out the box in front of her.

"Evening," Elizabeth replied.

"Is that for me?"

Elizabeth thrust the box forward and into his open arms.

"A thank you for all the help you've been given me lately, and before."

"Cool."

John took the box to his bed and sat down, eagerly prying it open to see what was inside. He patted the empty space behind the box, indicating Elizabeth should come and sit down for a bit.

Elizabeth watched John unpack his goodies, quite different from Kate who had been more cautious and probably a little bit more suspicious about the diplomat's motives. He, on the other hand, was eagerly turning every package over and mm'd appreciatively at the six bottles of Westvleteren, of which he offered her one.

"Oh no, I shouldn't," she started to protest, resisting the offer, but he was having none of it.

"When was the last time you relaxed? Like really relaxed?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth, frowned and closed it again. He was right. It had been too long since she had been able to really relax, as he put it.

"Okay fine," she took the bottle from him. "Just one then."

"Good morning!"

Elizabeth pried both eyes open at the sound of his voice, appearing from right next to her. She was still in his quarters, sharing his bed.

"Slept well?"

Elizabeth frowned, quickly checked underneath the covers, assuring herself she was dressed.

"We didn't," he waved his hand in the general direction of his bed as he made his way over to his desk, usually standing in the corner but for the occasion dragged to the middle of the room, where breakfast was being served.

"That second bottle did you in."

Elizabeth turned to the nightstand where half a bottle of Westvleteren stood forgotten.

"Must have been more tired than I thought," she smiled sheepishly.

"Mmm," he agreed, smiling a tiny smile. "Coffee?"

He poured a cup.

"To get through another busy day."

"Yes, please."

Elizabeth hopped out of bed, joining him at the table.

Again, unbeta'd cause they are written on the fly, as it were.

Previous installments:
    Lovely as always. That Westvleteren sounds like Romulan ale. LOL

Just a heads up, I won't be around for the next week because we're going to Florida for Thanksgiving. Not a great time to go but Mr. SR's 97 year old aunt is failing fast and it may be our last time to spend quality time with her. His sister is panicked and thinks the trip will kill us for sure, while a cousin's wife who is a known germaphobe thinks our mere presence will kill her baby, so it should be a fun time. Thankfully our hostess and her family are looking forward to having us and the aunt is over the moon but disappointed that we're not bringing the twins. Sigh. We sent several cases of wine ahead, so there's always that. Have a great holiday everyone.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      J
      Ahhh. These are better than a spa day. So glad you shared.
      Thanks! You're welcome.

And I got in one more before sparktober was over: the Sparky Wedding! (2 versions b/c I couldn't decide if John should wear his dress blues or not)

That's not as bad as last week. They'll be back on top in no time.

As of yesterday I am officially a grandparents-orphan... My last remaining grandfather passed away yesterday, thereby joining the covid-19 death statistics.

Not unexpected, but still... you know... devastating.

My uncle, aunt and cousin who were also infected are still feeling sick but are no longer in quarantine. Physically they seem to be better, but apparently my uncle crashed on a mental level, which is not unexpected either.

No idea when the funeral's going to be but considering the rules-changes last week, it will be family only and it's a good thing there are less than 15 members cause that's the maximum of people which can attend.
      Belated, but I'm so sorry. *sends hugs*

Seems appropriate that Screw the Angst Wednesday falls on wine Wednesday at my neighborhood store. After running errands I returned home with three bottles of wine, two bags of Dove dark chocolate with almonds (because...sales), and four library books from my holds list that had arrived at my local branch. Then it started raining. Feels like a grand plan of some sort is coming together.
      That does sound nice, even if the books were non-fiction... Hey, at least you can feel good about yourself for being well-informed!

(And I loooove the Dove dark chocolate with almonds. So good. <3 )

So... where were we on The Office Saga.

Oh yes, I remember... that second package...

Chapter VII

Spoiler:
      It had taken the better part of the afternoon but Elizabeth had managed to put all the items back into the box. Most of it had survived the mishandling, except for a package of corn -- she was going to keep finding missing kernels, of that she was sure -- and the bag of nacho chips had been crushed under the weight of the Westvleteren. It was still intact but the pieces would definitely be smaller than when they went into the box the first time round.

She had planned to surprise him for his birthday but an off-world mission had thrown a wrench in that idea so she had to postpone presenting him with the goodies. It wasn't until after the nth Atlantis crisis, much gathering of dust later and stubbing her big toe twice that she remembered the box sitting underneath her desk in her quarters.

"Evening Elizabeth", he said when she appeared at his door, holding out the box in front of her.

"Evening," Elizabeth replied.

"Is that for me?"

Elizabeth thrust the box forward and into his open arms.

"A thank you for all the help you've been given me lately, and before."

"Cool."

John took the box to his bed and sat down, eagerly prying it open to see what was inside. He patted the empty space behind the box, indicating Elizabeth should come and sit down for a bit.

Elizabeth watched John unpack his goodies, quite different from Kate who had been more cautious and probably a little bit more suspicious about the diplomat's motives. He, on the other hand, was eagerly turning every package over and mm'd appreciatively at the six bottles of Westvleteren, of which he offered her one.

"Oh no, I shouldn't," she started to protest, resisting the offer, but he was having none of it.

"When was the last time you relaxed? Like really relaxed?"

Elizabeth opened her mouth, frowned and closed it again. He was right. It had been too long since she had been able to really relax, as he put it.

"Okay fine," she took the bottle from him. "Just one then."

"Good morning!"

Elizabeth pried both eyes open at the sound of his voice, appearing from right next to her. She was still in his quarters, sharing his bed.

"Slept well?"

Elizabeth frowned, quickly checked underneath the covers, assuring herself she was dressed.

"We didn't," he waved his hand in the general direction of his bed as he made his way over to his desk, usually standing in the corner but for the occasion dragged to the middle of the room, where breakfast was being served.

"That second bottle did you in."

Elizabeth turned to the nightstand where half a bottle of Westvleteren stood forgotten.

"Must have been more tired than I thought," she smiled sheepishly.

"Mmm," he agreed, smiling a tiny smile. "Coffee?"

He poured a cup.

"To get through another busy day."

"Yes, please."

Elizabeth hopped out of bed, joining him at the table.

Again, unbeta'd cause they are written on the fly, as it were.

Previous installments:
      Hee! So cute!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I had a feisty grandma that I quote all the time and now I'm hoping the twins will remember me as their feisty grandma.
      Aww. <3

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      The best story I have about the grandmother that lived with us is this: I was maybe 4 or 5 and my grandmother used to watch me while my mom and dad worked. One time I called my mother at work to say "will you tell your mother to take her medicine?" My mom said she could just picture me with a hand on my hip and everything. It was a joke about who actually watched who during those days.
      That's adorable.

Just a heads up, I won't be around for the next week because we're going to Florida for Thanksgiving. Not a great time to go but Mr. SR's 97 year old aunt is failing fast and it may be our last time to spend quality time with her. His sister is panicked and thinks the trip will kill us for sure, while a cousin's wife who is a known germaphobe thinks our mere presence will kill her baby, so it should be a fun time. Thankfully our hostess and her family are looking forward to having us and the aunt is over the moon but disappointed that we're not bringing the twins. Sigh. We sent several cases of wine ahead, so there's always that. Have a great holiday everyone.
      Whew! Holidays are definitely tricky things this year. Good luck, enjoy, stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

In the really old days they were told not to smile because it was necessary to have a long exposure and they would not have been able to hold their smile still.
        Oh... good point. Learned something I didn't know.

Good thing camera's evolved so much.

That Westvleteren sounds like Romulan ale. LOL

Be safe and have a happy thanksgiving.

We'll mind the internet but as always, no promises we won't break it.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        Thank you.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Lovely as always. That Westvleteren sounds like Romulan ale. LOL
          Ooooh yes, that stuff'll guarantee a wild time.

Eeek. Now that sounds like a recipe for a...unique Thanksgiving. Welp, have as pleasant a trip as you can, hugs to you and Mr. SR...and enjoy the wine.

We'll mind the internet but as always, no promises we won't break it.
          *hides the matches*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *hides the matches*
            Excellent thinking... now where did I leave those spares?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Excellent thinking... now where did I leave those spares?

And now, here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech fell to Pittsburgh 47-14, USC beat Utah 33-17, Tennessee fell to Auburn 30-17, Air Force shut out New Mexico 28-0, and Navy's game with South Florida was postponed. On to next week!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

...Air Force shut out New Mexico 28-0...

That's the American football equivalent of Spain kicking Germany to the curb with a whoopin' 6 goals to 0 in the Nation's League Football.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

That's the American football equivalent of Spain kicking Germany to the curb with a whoopin' 6 goals to 0 in the Nation's League Football.
                  I like it!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

These timezones... yesterday was wednesday, and today it's thursday... No wonder I get confused about the days.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and to those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!

*tries to imagine a typical Thanksgiving in Atlantis*

*falls over laughing*

These timezones... yesterday was wednesday, and today it's thursday... No wonder I get confused about the days.

Comment

So...I accepted a new position! Life is a little crazy wrapping up old position while ramping up on the new position, toss in a few holidays and color me overwhelmed. I'll have to wear pants more often, lol, but still mostly remote. Fingers crossed. It is terrifying to make this kind of move during a pandemic.

You're welcome.

I don't know exactly how long they're going to go for, but as long as I have some form of inspiration, I'll probably have another office saga chapter ready.

Maybe I should touch upon worker representation next, since we have our social elections coming up next week -- representation from the unions in the company and I'm a candidate. Don't expect to be elected but it's important to have representation at the management table.

I wonder how Atlantis personnel are represented.... mmm...
                            I have a feeling McKay's not going to be a in a good mood after it.
                            Or Kavanagh, if he's still around.
                            OMG-yes! I need to read this. I'm already imagining pouty faced McKay.

We sent several cases of wine ahead, so there's always that. Have a great holiday everyone.
                            Safe travels. I wish you all the best. I know it's over said, but it really is such a challenging time. Wine is a stroke of genius.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                            Thanks! You're welcome.

And I got in one more before sparktober was over: the Sparky Wedding! (2 versions b/c I couldn't decide if John should wear his dress blues or not)

That does sound nice, even if the books were non-fiction... Hey, at least you can feel good about yourself for being well-informed!

(And I loooove the Dove dark chocolate with almonds. So good. <3 )

Hee! So cute!!!

Aww. <3

That's adorable.

Whew! Holidays are definitely tricky things this year. Good luck, enjoy, stay safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
                            I'm so happy I've been a GW slacker- I get gifts on Thanksgiving! Love, love, love. Thanks for sharing!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and to those in the US, Happy Thanksgiving!

*tries to imagine a typical Thanksgiving in Atlantis*

*falls over laughing*

So many smiles imaging a delightfully entertaining chaos. First thing I pictured was a turkey platter that someone festively garnished with lemon slices.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

So...I accepted a new position! Life is a little crazy wrapping up old position while ramping up on the new position, toss in a few holidays and color me overwhelmed. I'll have to wear pants more often, lol, but still mostly remote. Fingers crossed. It is terrifying to make this kind of move during a pandemic.
                              If it's remote, pants are still optional -- I mean, don't get up in front of the camera and nobody's gonna know.

I said yesterday to my sister that I was planning on staying in bed today, and work from under the covers (I didn't), and she replied that would be okay but to keep my camera off just in case.

OMG-yes! I need to read this. I'm already imagining pouty faced McKay.
                              A bunny has been hopping around for this but I haven't had the time (go figure) to write it down.

Our elections are over, and I wasn't elected...and no, I'm not gonna ask for a recount.
                              I made it to the reserve list so that's not bad either. So whenever one of the elected can't make it, I get to attend in their place.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Oooh, congratulations! May the transition go well!

So many smiles imaging a delightfully entertaining chaos. First thing I pictured was a turkey platter that someone festively garnished with lemon slices.
                                Oh, you know it!

Our elections are over, and I wasn't elected...and no, I'm not gonna ask for a recount.
                                I made it to the reserve list so that's not bad either. So whenever one of the elected can't make it, I get to attend in their place.
                                Hey, congrats on making the reserves! Take plenty of notes!

Comment

Working...
                                X