No announcement yet.

Camille Wray/Ming Na Discussion/WOW/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stopping by to announce that the Women of the Gate community has just launched its 2010 Ficathon & Art Challenge. It is now open for prompts.

You can find more information including guidelines and timelines in the Prompt Announcement

We'd love to get some prompts with the SGU ladies.

Happy prompting!
    sigpic
    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Just stopping in with a reminder that The Women of the Gate Ficathon and Art Challenge is open for prompts until February 27th.

The LJ community celebrates all the Stargate ladies and aims to promote more fic/art which highlights strong female friendships, women kicking serious butt and saving the world/galaxy/universe.

You can find all the information about the latest ficathon/art challenge and how to leave a prompt here.

Sign-up for authors and artists will be open from March 1st.
      sigpic

Comment

Just stopping by to say the Women of the Gate 2010 Ficathon/Art Challenge is now open for sign-ups! We have some great Camile prompts.

Rules and timelines can be found here

Prompts and sign-up here
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ming-na-wen-300.jpg
          Nice

Last edited by Rosehawk; 16 April 2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Loving the development of Camille in Space.

Comment

OH my! I just found out Ming-Na was the voice of the main character in one of my all time favorite Disney movies, Mulan! I had no idea! Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Loving the development of Camille in Space.
                Me too she is a strong character I like that
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                  Me too she is a strong character I like that
                  Yay! least im not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    OH my! I just found out Ming-Na was the voice of the main character in one of my all time favorite Disney movies, Mulan! I had no idea! Cool.
                    You just found this out?

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Is it just me or does Wray seem too "lipstick" as a character. I'm not saying that they needed to accentuate her sexuality, however, if you missed the episode where she met back up with Sharon on Earth, you'd never guess that she's a lesbian.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                        Is it just me or does Wray seem too "lipstick" as a character. I'm not saying that they needed to accentuate her sexuality, however, if you missed the episode where she met back up with Sharon on Earth, you'd never guess that she's a lesbian.
                        um... seriously? You think they need to make her more of an obvious lesbian? It's an important part of her personal life, but it's had no bearing on her professional day to day activities on the Destiny. I'm a bit offended that you think they need to show the audience more often that she is gay. How, exactly is she supposed to act gayer? And I don't understand what you mean by "too 'lipstick' as a character".
                        sigpic

Comment

Please don't get me wrong, I'm all for LGBT visibility on TV, especially sci-fi, and I certainly don't mean to offend anybody. However, the key aspect is visibility. For example, had you not seen any SGU episodes before Faith, how would you have reacted to how she and Eli were interacting during that episode. To me it had almost a vibe of a little more than just professional.

Comment

I thought that Eli and Wray eased into a nice kind of friendship last episode, but I can't say for sure how I would have read their scenes if it had been the first episode of SGU I'd ever seen.

I like LGBT visibility. I'm very glad Stargate has finally made a gay character. I just don't feel that Wray has had the right kinds of storylines where they could talk more about her sexuality. This isn't to say that they shouldn't be writing some of those kinds of scenes for her, just not scenes that are only there to point out that they have a gay character on the show now. I don't want her to be gay for the sake of being gay. I want her to be a person who has many facets to her character just one of which is that she's gay.

Sorry, if my previous comment was a bit reactionary, I just read what you wrote as meaning that you didn't think Wray acted like a lesbian was supposed to act.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoilers for Sabotage

Comment

sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Working...
                                X