No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No particular, its just I recently found out it is no longer available.
    Its a shame its not working anymore. Do we have any idea what happened?

Comment

It`s always sad when some good web page stops working. I was recently going through various recommendation lists of Sam & Jack stories and found quite a number that are no longer available online. It can be so frustrating sometimes cos I would really love to read some of them.

Comment

Samandjack.net is still around.

Generally, archive sites go away when the owner loses interest in the fandom and the domain expires. Stargate has been off the radar for more than 5 years now. Most people have moved on.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
          It`s always sad when some good web page stops working. I was recently going through various recommendation lists of Sam & Jack stories and found quite a number that are no longer available online. It can be so frustrating sometimes cos I would really love to read some of them.
          But you can copy the link in the Wayback Machine and see if it can find a cached version of it, so you can still read them.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            But you can copy the link in the Wayback Machine and see if it can find a cached version of it, so you can still read them.
            Yeah, I've found few of them that way. But it seems way back machine wasn't a big SG-1 fan because it didn't save a lot of SG sites. But real problem was with a story that was marked as over 18yo. I remember trying to find one story from this forum, but because it was for over 18 I couldn't get direct link and use wayback machine.

Comment

I have many fics saved, if you remember the titles I can check if I have them
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Thank you for your response, XFchemist. There are a couple of stories I'd like to read, that couldn't find even through wayback machine. If you'd have some of them, it would be great.
                Better or Worse by Telkena
                Taken by Laura Y
                Missing Something by Annunaki (sadly from this author I could't find stories online)
                What Lies Beneath by Vanessa Nichols [Nessie]

Comment

Thank you for your response, XFchemist. There are a couple of stories I'd like to read, that couldn't find even through wayback machine. If you'd have some of them, it would be great.
                  Taken by Laura Y
                  Missing Something by Annunaki (sadly from this author I could't find stories online)
                  I have Annunanki's stories in a zip file, which I can send you, if you would like them. I would need your email address for it. I also have "Taken" by Laura Y. I don't have the others, though.

Comment

Thank would be great, hedwig I have sent you pm with my email.

Comment

Taken by Laura Y
                      uhm I have the first one. I have a "what lies beneath" fic saved but the author is Allie Snow and I don't know if it's the same or not. TBH I'm not even sure I read it. It was already in the fic folder that was passed to me.
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

XFchemist, could you send them both to me, please?

btw, I just noticed a link to your vids in your signature and that you`re the one who made a vid A thousand years. Love that video, you made a great job with it . imo that song is so fitting for Sam and Jack.

Comment

XFchemist, could you send them both to me, please?

btw, I just noticed a link to your vids in your signature and that you`re the one who made a vid A thousand years. Love that video, you made a great job with it . imo that song is so fitting for Sam and Jack.
                          sure. just send me a DM with your email
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I want to say thanks for this thread, I have found here a lot of great stories plus some interesting discussion. I`m big Sam and Jack shipper and I love reading fanfiction so this thread and lists of stories on this forum has been a discovered treasure for me

I`d like to share with you my favorite author. I`m sure many already know her stories, but maybe some doesn`t. It`s Vinividivinci. She is very talented writer who writes long engaging stories. Her settings are interesting and characters true to those in a show. If the show`d decided going shippy, they could with easy use her stories. And I like that in those stories I have read, Sam and Jack spent a lot of time together, interacting with each other. There are many stories on the net where those two are either separated by circumstances or does`t talk much. So Vinividivinci`s works are satisfying many aspects I`m looking for in stories.

Comment

For those who weren't aware, the Stargatefan archive is being added to AO3. Some of the stories are member only, where they haven't been able to locate the author, but they're coming in.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Great! Can you provide the link?

Comment

Working...
                                X