Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    Quick note: this is not what a fully grown female togruta looks like.
    what should she look like? remember many images out there are not canon. they can make her look as they like- Filoni created her, so his vision IS THE bottom line

Comment

last episode- the Jedi, great episode. they even got SGT Kyle Reese to come back in action

it is great too, to see more and more animated characters come out in live action. that and the two pretty big name drops as well as pulling even another reference from LEGENDS with Tython

pretty sure i even saw Ahsoka's winged companion? anyone else catch it?

Also, it seems Ahsoka is only on Corvus to get info regarding the mission she is on, she doesn't live there. Since Bo Katan had such up to date info on her to tell Djarin, maybe possible that Bo-Katan and Ahsoka are staying in contact?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
        Quick note: this is not what a fully grown female togruta looks like.
        There are two confirmed reasons for this.

1: in the deleted scene wherein Shaak Ti was killed by Grevious in episode 3, the actress barely moved due to the montrals being so heavy in the costum. so because of the weight, they were made smaller for Ashokas actress to be both more comfortable and also allow the actress to move around easier in combat scenes

2: Stuntwork, the lighter the headpiece of the costume the better the stontwork and less tired the actress.

Overall from what I was able to catch at walmart {yes walmart had D+ I think they were advertising it for disney so they had a TV actively showing episodes ?} to me, Ashokas actress looked great and I loved the sound Beskar makes when hit with a lightsaber, so stacticy!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

@magi check the concept art in the end credits.

@princess awinita yeah I figured that must be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            There are two confirmed reasons for this.

1: in the deleted scene wherein Shaak Ti was killed by Grevious in episode 3, the actress barely moved due to the montrals being so heavy in the costum. so because of the weight, they were made smaller for Ashokas actress to be both more comfortable and also allow the actress to move around easier in combat scenes

2: Stuntwork, the lighter the headpiece of the costume the better the stontwork and less tired the actress.

Overall from what I was able to catch at walmart {yes walmart had D+ I think they were advertising it for disney so they had a TV actively showing episodes ?} to me, Ashokas actress looked great and I loved the sound Beskar makes when hit with a lightsaber, so stacticy!
            it is only common sense that the weight of them would be an issue. they could have cgi'd them in place but they decided on actual prosthetic authenticity

and the thing is togruta's,even in legends, were not set in stone- different colors, lengths- i think the only things static was the number of 'tails'-3

but look at humans, we all have diff sized heads, diff color hair, texture, etc. if an alien came here they may think that some ppl are a diff species from others due to over all body size and body composition

by the ppl in TPTB's are incharge; it their vision, their creation, their work IS canon. what really should matter is the story

Comment

Magi, go to the episode threads brother. You will find them far more nuanced and useful than this one. Not saying this thread is bad at all however.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Magi, go to the episode threads brother. You will find them far more nuanced and useful than this one. Not saying this thread is bad at all however.
                link? thanks

Comment

THE COMMISSARYSci-Fi & Fantasy TelevisionCurrent ShowsStar War
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

The child has a name... and I'm still gonna call it "Hey kid!"...

Anywho... glued to my screen when I'm watching The Mandalorian.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      THE COMMISSARYSci-Fi & Fantasy TelevisionCurrent ShowsStar War
                      thanks!

silly me.. i was looking for an actual star wars sub forum

Comment

OK, two seasons down,
                        Spoiler:
                        Mando has completed his mission/task he was given & the Jedi have the child.

Does Mando now go back to where we found him in Season 1 Episode 1 & get a new task/mission?
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

OK, two seasons down,
                          Spoiler:

Does Mando now go back to where we found him in Season 1 Episode 1 & get a new task/mission?
                          I don't think Mando can go back to that kind of life. Grogu has changed him on a fundamental level (ask any parent what the first kid does to them)
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Wow... that ending though...

...including the very end.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OK, two seasons down,
                              Spoiler:

its been pretty heavily suggested,at least twice, by Bo Katan that he join their cause.

i am guessing his having the dark saber is just a cliff hanger type of thing that will be quickly resolved in s3 e1. especially given the way it is in canon and seen on screen, how Katan accepted the DS from SABINE with no qualms in REBELS

but i am guessing that he may join them- kind of- but still be on his own working towards the cause

he has had what he has been taught he should be as a Mandalorian, taken from him (he's in a cult) and now he now longer has the purpose of protecting grogu.. HE NEEDS A MISSION, psychologically

in future, his chief mission assigned to him by show TPTBs,above all others, should be avoiding Deus Ex MAchina events at all costs

Comment

Luke was not. Deus ex machina. That was Ahsoka's plan. These were her instructions.

Comment

Working...
                                X