Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    : the thing that probably makes me inelligible to be a proper "Star Wars Fan" is that I absolutely love the most hated character in the verse, namely Jar-Jar Binks.
    Then I too would be ineligible because I too love Jar-Jar Binks.

Admittedly he comes across as a real idiot, but you have to remember God loves idiots, they amuse him.
    If you do not believe me, just look haw many he has made.
    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
      Then I too would be ineligible because I too love Jar-Jar Binks.
      Missa likes

I once thought about cosplaying Jar-Jar but never got around to it.

Everybody's always saying how he's not liked but I remember this one Celebration in Germany where I was carrying my Jar-Jar backpack around and people were literally taking photo's of it, and even asked me where I got it. I got it as a gift from a friend so I couldn't help them there.

Admittedly he comes across as a real idiot, but you have to remember God loves idiots, they amuse him.
      If you do not believe me, just look haw many he has made.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I see your point about knowing the verse and its history.

But I'm a fan and I haven't seen Rebels or Clone Wars or read any of the books in the expanded universe either. I know enough to get by. Does that make me less of a fan? No, it doesn't.

Do I have the right to question what's happening? Yes, I do -- but in a respectful manner, I agree.

Edit
        Sidenote: the thing that probably makes me inelligible to be a proper "Star Wars Fan" is that I absolutely love the most hated character in the verse, namely Jar-Jar Binks.
        talking mainly about thing slike this:

and quotes like this (gf76 knows who this person is )

[QUOTEThe Mandalorian needed to be Boba Fett or his son or somebody related to Boba Fett. Otherwise, it will just be a generic character nobody knows and they will have to build upon.[/QUOTE]

That is not my point. You are a RABID Star Wars fan, and you do not represent the average fan that the new Disney Star Wars is trying to reach. Not meant to be a dig, but it's true. The average Star Wars fan can only put a name on ONE Mandalorian, and that is Boba Fett. The whole reason that anyone know what a Mandalorian is for them is Boba Fett from the movies. I have seen several Mandalorians in the animated series (Clone Wars, Rebels), but for live action, the only one to guarantee success would have been Boba Fett or perhaps Jango. Also, the idea that Star Wars occupies a whole galaxy in the minds of the average Star Wars fan is a bit of a stretch
        Like I have said before, TPTB at Disney are old men with old mindsets and sensibilities. I read this at your link:

“The Mandalorian is a mysterious, lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy,” Pedro Pascal, who will play the eponymous character, said at The Mandalorian panel at April’s Star Wars Celebration 2019. “Some might say he has questionable moral character, in line with some of our best Westerns, and some good samurai [movies]. And he’s a badass. He’s got a lot of Clint Eastwood in him.”

Who is going to watch this? Millennials are just not into gunmen, Westerns or Clint Eastwood. Anything resembling those things is a predictable fail. Of the adults who love Star Wars, if this Mandalorian is not a Fett, then why will he be interesting? Disney is an old man wearing skinny jeans and a backwards baseball cap, and I think that producers of shows can get Disney to greenlight things that appeal to the old man, but not to the general audience. John Carter should never have been made. These live action CGI remakes of old Disney films are not blockbusters. And even the woke stuff they are doing in Star Wars and Marvel seem to be projects that were taken to the Old Man who thought "Yeah, the kids (millennials) will love this!"

Of course this person has mostly gone silent since the release of s1 or tries to bactrack and say "well what i really meant was"

------------------
        and of course, one doesn't need to read the books or watch the tv shows, but, don't try to proclaim "plot holes" or "who is this brand new never seen character ?(bo katan)" if you hadn't

Comment

Missa likes

Everybody's always saying how he's not liked but I remember this one Celebration in Germany where I was carrying my Jar-Jar backpack around and people were literally taking photo's of it, and even asked me where I got it. I got it as a gift from a friend so I couldn't help them there.

i dont see jar as any more annoying than C3PO or R2D2-- especially when they are forced into everything. even rogue 1.

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
            i dont see jar as any more annoying than C3PO or R2D2-- especially when they are forced into everything. even rogue 1.
            Now there you go, I like C3P0 & R2D2 as well.

And now you have proclaimed they are forced into everything I look forward to seeing them turn up in the Mandolorian.
            (but shouldn't you have tagged this news as a spoiler?)
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Star Wars: George Lucas names Jar Jar Binks as his favourite character
              The 74-year-old director made the surprise announcement at a fan event marking the 20th anniversary of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace.

"[It] is one of my favourite movies and of course Jar Jar is my favourite character," he said via video.

The CGI comedy character is almost universally hated by Star Wars fans.

Comment

Honestly having watched Ep 1 recently I have to say... Jar Jar is not nearly as bad as I remember him. I even found him fun in some places.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Missa likes

I would like that. Anf if you come to FedCon I will be your personal Jedi protector
                  sigpic

Comment

Now there you go, I like C3P0 & R2D2 as well.

And now you have proclaimed they are forced into everything I look forward to seeing them turn up in the Mandolorian.
                    (but shouldn't you have tagged this news as a spoiler?)
                    spoiler for what? rogue 1? if you haven't seen it by now....

there presence in so much is often times just fan service, like some TPTB's are afraid to not include them

their presence in rogue 1, in the way it was shown, was probably the only bad part of that film. it really makes it look as if their add was just an "oh ****" afterthought.

here this reddit says it best

How the **** do R2-D2 and C-3PO get on Leia's ship in Rogue One?
                    It's really bugging me that the guys haven't talked about this yet, because it completely ****s up the logic of the film for like 5 seconds of fan service. Like, even if I was willing to completely forgive the movie's other shortcomings, I still couldn't get past this because it makes no ******* sense.

So R2-D2 and C-3PO are on Yavin IV when the X-wings leave, and monmothballs only gives the order to attack AFTER she hears that Admiral Raditz and the rest of the rebel fleet were attacking Scarif, right? If Leia's ship was in that hangar bay the whole battle, then when do they get on? She can't have returned to pick them up because the whole MacGuffin of ANH was getting the plans back to the base.

Is she suppossed to be on Yavin also when the X-Wings leave and just gets to the battle really late? That makes no sense, cuz her dad said he was gonna send her to get Obi-Wan and there'd be no reason to visit the base since Basil Oregano had already left for Alderaan.

Plus, if she wasn't in the hangar bay the whole fight, it'd make no sense for her to do it later, since the capital ship was only disabled AFTER Vader arrived and all the other rebel ships that could leave had left. So there'd be no way for her to know that they needed someone else to take the plans.

Sorry if this post doesn't make that much sense; I just think it's the most blatant example in the whole movie of throwing logic away for fan service, and was just kinda surprised that the guys either hadn't noticed it or weren't completely shocked by the sheer stupidity of it, cuz I sure am

Comment

Wonder if we will ever see any contact between the imperial Remnant under Moff Gideon and the imperial forces- not quite yet first order- under Rae Sloane?

i am kind of hoping for NO MENTION of any new trilogy stuff, but touching on events from AFTERMATH would be cool

thoughts?

Comment

and of course, one doesn't need to read the books or watch the tv shows, but, don't try to proclaim "plot holes" or "who is this brand new never seen character ?(bo katan)" if you hadn't
                        I agree.

*gasp*

How can you say that?!

I also love C-3PO and R2-D2 and BB-8 and BD1 (Jedi Fallen Order) and K2-SO...

I actually have -- in progress but don't know when or if I'll finish -- a foam 3PO costume.

They are, in the opening credits.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

ep4 .. really pulling some material out of LEGENDS .. All i will say for those who haven't watched it - couple of elements reminiscent of THE FORCE UNLEASHED video game-

Comment

As I speculated few posts back. No Ahsoka this week. Still a good episode though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                              As I speculated few posts back. No Ahsoka this week. Still a good episode though.
                              next ep is titled "the jedi"

of course, we know that Ahsoka is NOT technically a Jedi- but, i wonder if the titles are made to be from Din Djarin's perspective?

if so, then his knowledge of the Jedi would only be from what the Armorer told him. He thinks they are a "race of sorcerers". If this is how the titling is done- from his perspective, then understandable on the title

so i would say she is going to be in it. Sasha Banks is also credited to be in it, per imdb, as Koska Reeves

Comment

Quick note: this is not what a fully grown female togruta looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X