This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    It's more that my characters are trying to be as unobtrusive as they can getting from point A (US embassy, London) to point B (Russell Square Gardens in London) by public transport.

One character has the Zat (possibly also a Ribbon device) in a secure briefcase chained to his wrist, the other has the Staff Weapon in the bag slung over their back.
    Imagine the looks you'd get if you were on the London underground with a staff weapon lol. If it's in a bag (would you get a bag big enough to fit a staff weapon) then you'd probably still get some looks, but maybe you could pass it off as.....well I don't know, something. A Zat and a ribbon device you'd definitely get away with.
    sigpic
    He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

According to Google Maps, the journey is something like 15-20 mins by car, around 35 mins by public transport, and 1 hr 10 mins if you walk.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

According to Google Maps, the journey is something like 15-20 mins by car, around 35 mins by public transport, and 1 hr 10 mins if you walk.
        Ah okay cool, I don't live in London, but I try and visit at least once every year.

Before joining the SGC, I know Daniel worked in Chicago under Dr Jordan and worked with Sarah Gardner. But he did talks/lectures didn't he, and if so was it just in the US or did he do them in other countries. I want to add in a mention of some of that in a story I'm working on. And I may tweak his age/d.o.b slightly though.
        sigpic

Comment

Well, prior to joining the Stargate program, Daniel's theories were at best contontovertial, and at worst right up there with the tinfoil hat brigade.

Would he have had the financial means to travel overseas?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Well, prior to joining the Stargate program, Daniel's theories were at best contontovertial, and at worst right up there with the tinfoil hat brigade.

Would he have had the financial means to travel overseas?
            Possibly not, I found this bit:

Since his grants had all run out and he had been evicted from his apartment,
            and that was around 1996.

Basically my original idea was that before Daniel joins the SGC he meets a woman in a hotel in London where she worked and where he was giving a speech, it's a brief meeting before they go their separate ways. And then they end up bumping into each other years later, on Atlantis of all places. I suppose I could use parts of that, and perhaps just change the location where they first meet.
            sigpic

Comment

You could still set it in London, just in the airport bar prior to Daniel flying back to the US to find out that his grants etc have run out and he's about to be evicted.
              sigpic

Comment

You could still set it in London, just in the airport bar prior to Daniel flying back to the US to find out that his grants etc have run out and he's about to be evicted.
                Ooh yeah that could work, they could even be on the same flight maybe. I think at this point it's just before my character goes into the RAF. So probably a last holiday before she starts basic training. Maybe first meet in the bar and then end up realising they're on the same flight.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Science would fall under civilian catagory, same as diplomacy.
                  I get what you are saying, but under US law/structure (which seems to be the basis of Atlantis) there are only 2 branches that have power, Military and Civilian. Both have multiple branches beneath them but they are the root departments of the expedition.
                  There can be military scientists, doctors and diplomats, or more accurately people trained in the fields who work directly for the military, but that is not how Atlantis was initially set up.
                  Things are much more clear now.

Thank you so much!
                  Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Do we think Daniel's "Introduction to the Stargate Program" video presentation would fit on a USB flash drive?
                    sigpic

Comment

With current (2020) available sizes, certainly.

For circa 2009 (the first time I saw said video) and with the video set for 480p and not too long it would be a tight fit but doable. More probably it would be recorded onto a blank DVD as DVD players were a lot more common back then on mainstream computer hardware including laptops.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Good. Thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

What are the measurements for a staff weapon?
                          How long is it? How wide at it's widest point?
                          I can give you the exact measurements of a Sodan staffweapon.

I have a replica at home, made from the moulds of the screenused ones.

So, if you still want me to measure it, let me know.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If you'd be so kind, yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you'd be so kind, yes.
                              I'll get you the measurements later today, when I get home.

Comment

My sodan staff weapon replica is 133,5 cm long, measured from the bottom to the utter tip.
                                Which is 4 ft 4.56 inch in non-metric measurements.

And I found you a 1:1 staff weapon replica on etsy which states that the item is 6 ft in length.

Comment

Working...
                                X