Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until SGU crew start dating each other and require...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until SGU crew start dating each other and require...?

Other the the main cast member they will be many crew strand onboard the Destiny.

The spoiler said SGU crew will use
    Spoiler:
    Ancient stone to contact Earth, but they can't use other people's body to do personal things

What about "Sex"?

People has needs, SGA never really directly deal with the issue, they have contact with Earth at the end of S1.Every member of the SGA expediation knew what they get into when they sign up ,And The crew have dated other member of the expediation, they are all PG rated .

But SGU is about a brunch people who never expected to be in that kind of situation.Strand on board an alien ship , constantly moving and getting further from home.And we are not sure when or if the crew can re-establish physical contact with Earth .

Soon or later the crew will date each other,or they may date alien once a while .

the character Captain TAMARA JON With only paramedic-level training, she ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship, she will have to take care the medical health needs of the crew.
    What about supplies of contraception ?birth control pills or Condom ?
    Unless the ship has a matter replicator or tons of Ancient contraception supplies.We may have to deal with unplan pregnancies and babies born aboard the ship.

In other Scifi TV show like BSG, or St voy , they deal with issue like crews dating each other , pregancies or even "abortion" .

how long? exactly 18 episodes, so there can be a bit more suspense for the end of season cliffhanger.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      how long? exactly 18 episodes, so there can be a bit more suspense for the end of season cliffhanger.
      Scene: desert planet. Lt. Scott is dialing the gate. Chloe is next to him.
      Young via radio: Hey, moron, dial the damn gate already. The sand worms are after us. And tell that bimbo to try not to shoot us as we make our retreat.
      Chloe: I feel so unappreciated. I'm not a bimbo. I'm useful too, you know. I'm not just an object to be worshipped and adored.
      Scott: I don't think Young likes me anymore.
      Chloe: I'm pregnant...
      TO BE CONTINUED.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        Young via radio: Hey, moron, dial the damn gate already. The sand worms are after us. And tell that bimbo to try not to shoot us as we make our retreat.
        Chloe: I feel so unappreciated. I'm not a bimbo. I'm useful too, you know. I'm not just an object to be worshipped and adored.
        TO BE CONTINUED.
        Wow such suspense! Sounds like a hell of a cliffhanger!
        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          TO BE CONTINUED.
          Is it just me, or is this a scene from the SG-1 episode "200"?
          Going through the Stargate for the second time.
          Work in progress:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Groening View Post
            It's not just you
            Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Groening View Post
              Indeed. Adapted to the situation, of course.

Comment

I guess we will know if there will be relationships the second the actress is cast to play Chloe....If she is a glamour then all money is on some sort of sexual tension stuff going on....if she is a bush pig then it will be mythology and technology all round!!!

I have an inkling it is going to be the former....
                sigpic

Comment

A normal unplanned pregnancy could be quite interesting. No 'super baby of doom', no 'baby one minute, super babe/hunk with magic powers the next', no 'OMG my hybrid baby cures cancer'... Just a regular (unwanted?) pregnancy when two characters give in to the heat of the moment.

Could be good for character development. Especially if Chloe/Tamara/Wray doesn't want it then loses it when the ship is attacked or something like that, and it has a strong profound effect on the character and changes them forever. That would be good.

I mean, I know it's SciFi, but not every baby needs to be magic/super.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    I guess we will know if there will be relationships the second the actress is cast to play Chloe....If she is a glamour then all money is on some sort of sexual tension stuff going on....if she is a bush pig then it will be mythology and technology all round!!!

I have an inkling it is going to be the former....

Comment

Leave the 'sex' out. I don't mind a relationship that shows affection for each other, but leave the 'sex' out. I don't want it to become too dark like BSG. Interactions and relationships are perfectly fine.

EDIT: I would much rather see other emotions displayed. Hardships/coping and conflicts leading to some of the characters becoming hurt and some other characters may help them cope with it. That will bring more character development than mere 'sex.'

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I think it will be the second season before we see feelings develop. This will be the time when they probably accept that they're stuck on the Destiny and they will start getting used to each others habits and faults.

Comment

Oh good, babies! They don't ruin sci fi shows at all.

You add a baby and suddenly the character who has it just becomes all about the baby. Unless it rapidly ages, but that's been done. A lot.

It already annoys me, in every single show ever, when the writers aren't creative enough to develop a relationship between a main character and a secondary character. It's always two main characters, just because they're the most developed.

I say no to dating at first, they don't know how long they're going to be in space- is it fair to have a baby knowing that it could be its whole life? Or that they only hooked up because they were stuck on a ship, so when they do get back to earth their relationship doesn't work.

Some people think that it could make for good drama. I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                            Leave the 'sex' out. I don't mind a relationship that shows affection for each other, but leave the 'sex' out. I don't want it to become too dark like BSG. Interactions and relationships are perfectly fine.

EDIT: I would much rather see other emotions displayed. Hardships/coping and conflicts leading to some of the characters becoming hurt and some other characters may help them cope with it. That will bring more character development than mere 'sex.'
                            I wouldn't call sex dark. Jack had sex with some random alien woman in season one. Granted, it gave him one freaky ass STD, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                              Oh good, babies! They don't ruin sci fi shows at all.

You add a baby and suddenly the character who has it just becomes all about the baby. Unless it rapidly ages, but that's been done. A lot.

It already annoys me, in every single show ever, when the writers aren't creative enough to develop a relationship between a main character and a secondary character. It's always two main characters, just because they're the most developed.

I say no to dating at first, they don't know how long they're going to be in space- is it fair to have a baby knowing that it could be its whole life? Or that they only hooked up because they were stuck on a ship, so when they do get back to earth their relationship doesn't work.

Some people think that it could make for good drama. I disagree.
                              It's realistic that these people would have sex though. And like I said, if a character lost there child in an attack, especially after thinking they didn't want it and only really realising afterwards, it could make for some fantastic drama.

These people are going to be stuck together for the rest of there lives, or at least that's what they're going to think (I bet they'll get home eventually). They ARE going to have sex, like it or not, and if tptb want to make it more realistic and character driven they'll deal with it, they won't just have the relationships all off screen, and they'll either provide a good reason why the women who have sex don't get pregnant, or they will actually let them get them pregnant. That's just how it would work in that situation, and if tptb decide they are going to deal with the issue they should make no excuses for it, just because some people don't like babies in scifi.

Comment

Working...
                              X