No announcement yet.

The Crimson Horror (3312/712)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(since Clara seemed to have been coming and going a lot)
    Waht makes you think that? I mean, it is possible of course, but were there any hints in the last episodes, that she went home between adventures? Bu I do wander what it meant that be saw the TARDIS leaving without her. I wasn't under the ipression, the doctor would let her out of side as long she hasn't solved the mysterie who she is.
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
      I wonder who took this fotos
      And uploaded them, and to what - I didn't notice? Were they on Facebook or Tumblr or on a website with its own domain or what? Photos have to go somewhere, they don't just float around in cyberspace limbo until someone decides to look for them.
      sigpic

Comment

If all a person wants to do is come in and complain, it's their prerogative. As long as their criticism follows the rules, they can express it. What other users can do, if they don't want to read it, scroll fast or put that person on ignore. Think of it as a win/win. They can express themselves, you don' t have to read it.

It sucks when a fandom becomes divided. When all people want to do is talk about the show, but all some want to do is express their frustration that the show has changed to something they no longer like, and since fandom usually means an emotional attachment to a show, people get emotional about those changes. The key is how folks handle that emotion.

A little tolerance and mutual respect could go a long way.

If a person hates the show...hate it. But think of your fellow forum members. Put yourself in their shoes. If you liked a show would you like it if someone perpetually came in and tore it apart?

Those of you that still enjoy the show....how would you feel if it changed to the point that you no longer liked it and you lost that hour of enjoyment each week? Wouldn't you be upset? Learn to scroll. Failing that, put someone on ignore.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Artie mentions that he found the photo of Clara on the submarine in 1983 at school, and immediately asks if Clara's "boyfriend" is an alien... because of his chin(!). I'd say somebody is prompting them, and it's a fair bet it's the Great Intelligence.

Also, for those who were wondering if the revolver Mrs Gillyflower was using was anachronistic, it looked like a Webley RIC which was first made in 1868 (and used by Custer at Little Big Horn in 1876), twenty-five years before the episode takes place.

Hope that helps!
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
            Artie mentions that he found the photo of Clara on the submarine in 1983 at school, and immediately asks if Clara's "boyfriend" is an alien... because of his chin(!). I'd say somebody is prompting them
            That does make more sense.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
              What makes you think that? I mean, it is possible of course, but were there any hints in the last episodes, that she went home between adventures? But I do wonder what it meant that we saw the TARDIS leaving without her. I wasn't under the impression, the doctor would let her out of sight as long as he hasn't solved the mystery of who she is.
              At the end of the Rings of Akhaten he drops her back off at home. Now granted that doesn't mean that he hasn't necessarily taken her on several adventures in a row but given how she felt about still taking care of the kids in the first episode then I'm guessing that she has been back quite a few times.
              If nothing else the kids may have seen The TARDIS disappear during the Rings of Akhaten. And given that they possibly would realise that it was a police call box from the 1960's that disappeared then with a childs imagination they may have come to the conclusion that it was a time machine and decided to do a little digging.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Automated laser monkeys, scalpel mines, acid, projectile acid fish, pulver grenades, scissor grenades, limbo vapour, triple blast brain splitters, magnetic cluster mines, acid-filled trenches and grenades. LOTS of grenades and acid. Those are the ones I can remember anyway...
                Bless you Sealurk.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  If all a person wants to do is come in and complain, it's their prerogative. As long as their criticism follows the rules, they can express it. What other users can do, if they don't want to read it, scroll fast or put that person on ignore. Think of it as a win/win. They can express themselves, you don' t have to read it.

It sucks when a fandom becomes divided. When all people want to do is talk about the show, but all some want to do is express their frustration that the show has changed to something they no longer like, and since fandom usually means an emotional attachment to a show, people get emotional about those changes. The key is how folks handle that emotion.

A little tolerance and mutual respect could go a long way.

If a person hates the show...hate it. But think of your fellow forum members. Put yourself in their shoes. If you liked a show would you like it if someone perpetually came in and tore it apart?

Those of you that still enjoy the show....how would you feel if it changed to the point that you no longer liked it and you lost that hour of enjoyment each week? Wouldn't you be upset? Learn to scroll. Failing that, put someone on ignore.

If that was me I'm sorry.

I just love the show but at times find little bits frustrate me. Modern Who is not like classic Who and I find things being changed just don't sit well with me sometimes.

Sorry to anyone if any comments I made caused upset.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    I dont get the end, havent they heard photos can be photoshopped?
                    But they know that Clara isn't good with computers..

And if someone could photoshop Clara into those photos, why would they do it? A photo in a Russian submarine, a haunted house and a 19th century portrait.. it seems a little random for an evil internet sorcerer.. Photoshopping someone into a photo is usually to make it look like they did something they didn't do.. Or to add them to holiday photos.. Or just fun head swapping

And then there's the problem of finding them.. I doubt there's a "Photoshopped Clara photos for surprising end of episode plot twist" site..

Comment

I wonder why Clara was so "shocked" by the picture that she couldn't remember being in. Wouldn't she just assume that's from an adventure with the Doctor that hasn't happened for her yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                        But they know that Clara isn't good with computers..
                        wasn't good with computers. She is now, since she absorbed knowledge from GI. May be that another reason they decided to launched their little investigation, with her suddenly becoming good/brilliant at using computers.

And if someone could photoshop Clara into those photos, why would they do it? A photo in a Russian submarine, a haunted house and a 19th century portrait.. it seems a little random for an evil internet sorcerer.. Photoshopping someone into a photo is usually to make it look like they did something they didn't do.. Or to add them to holiday photos.. Or just fun head swapping
                        presuming it is the GI, then he want those kids on the Tardis for a reason, possibly to distract the doctor, possible even help discovered his good side again, or may be to collect intelligence on him, infiltrate the Tardis.

And then there's the problem of finding them.. I doubt there's a "Photoshopped Clara photos for surprising end of episode plot twist" site..
                        Google image search. They got the orginal photos of the house security system of the Doctor, plus I am sure Clara have had her photo take with them or they got them the same way they got the doctors.

Kids are pretty handy with computers nowadays. An the kids look reasonable intelligent to me.

Comment

I sometimes try to find pictures of myself on Google..

Nothing yet..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                            I sometimes try to find pictures of myself on Google..

Nothing yet..
                            I just Googled myself (fnarr fnarr) and the first five photos are pics I took, and the third one is a pic of me in my nice suit at a friend's wedding a few years ago.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              If that was me I'm sorry.

I just love the show but at times find little bits frustrate me. Modern Who is not like classic Who and I find things being changed just don't sit well with me sometimes.

Sorry to anyone if any comments I made caused upset.
                              I'm sure I contribute too. I appreciate that this forum and subsection allows for diverse opinions. Outpost Gallifrey and some other Who forums are extremely clique-filled and allow for ZERO dissent, whether someone loves or detests an episode.

New Who has become a more divisive show. I think this forum reflects the range of opinions, which is important.

If I stop watching a show, I stop commenting on it or visiting its forums or folders. For example, I respect those who enjoy OUAT, but I won't critique what I no longer watch.

I still care enough about Who to be upset about it. When I stop wanting to comment and read the views of others, it will be time to stop watching.
                              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                I just Googled myself (fnarr fnarr) and the first five photos are pics I took, and the third one is a pic of me in my nice suit at a friend's wedding a few years ago.
                                Maybe it's just me...

Comment

Working...
                                X