No announcement yet.

Brave New World (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It felt like Enemy at the Gate all over again. The episode left me disappointed. Over a third of the episode was spent on the Claire/Noah crap and a few of the heroes roles in the episode were pathetic. Hiro for example, after vowing revenge on the "butterfly man" for taking Charlie, the only thing he does it take the carnies away. Sylar saving Emmareally served no purpose, especially when she was perfectly capable of taking out puppet man like she did on her own. Puppet man being able to hold Sylar back, didn't Sylar overcome that very easily last time the 2 met?

The Peter/Samuel wasn't bad but, it could have lasted longer and more intense. Samuel being as powerful as he was made out to be, really didn't put up much of a fight. The guy was able to level a town when his carnival power source was over a mile away but, yet the guy could barely make the ground shake when his carnies were less then 100ft away.

The world now knowing about people with abilities, didn't they play this same crap last season? The only difference being that Nathan and Peter revealed themselves and the formula was involved. If the show does get a fifth season, i feel it will be a slightly different version of season 3.

As a season finale, it was crap. As a series finale, it was complete ****. I'm usually pretty optimistic about the show but, Kring just doesn't know what the hell a season finale is suppose to be. If NBC decides to go ahead with a 5th season, i sure hope Kring isn't at the helm.

Comment

I love the fact that Sylar is more creepy as a good guy than he is as a bad guy

Comment

That was just friggin anticlimactic. Samuel went down way too easy. Why did Hiro need to teleport everybody, couldn't he have frozen time, and then teleported Samuel somewhere? This episode was just really bad.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Whilst 'Brave New World' was (I think) rushed, and whilst many people say they could have done it better, and differently, I think it concluded well. We should remember, the writers probably don't know if the show is going to get another season or not, so they probably had to wrap a fair amount up, in order not to leave too many cliff-hangers.

The plot with Charlie was concluded, as was the plot with Samuel (the fact he wasn't killed, is evident enough that; should the show come back, so will he). It was (to me) obvious that Tracy would save Noah and Claire (although I'll admit, I though Noah might actually die).

The writers managed to conclude most of the plots that we've had in this show, granted there are still many unsolved, and Catlin still hasn't been rescued, but the main arc of season 4 has been covered, and they've managed to do it in a short amount of time, not knowing the future of their jobs / the show. I think they deserve credit for that.

If the show doesn't go on' they've concluded it nicely. If it does, then they've left it open for such. If we do get another season, all I ask is that they rescue Catlin (or do something like they did with Charlie), and for heaven sake, give Peter back his initial power, and keep Sylar as a good guy. He's had the buildup, to waste it would be unwise.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

It's a shame someone doesnt have the ability to stop time, or they could have prevented Claire from doing what she did.

Oh wait..........

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
              * what happened to Sylar's hanger? I thought that was part of his ability
              Dang Sylar!, ... he probably left it in his closet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                Whilst 'Brave New World' was (I think) rushed, and whilst many people say they could have done it better, and differently, I think it concluded well. We should remember, the writers probably don't know if the show is going to get another season or not, so they probably had to wrap a fair amount up, in order not to leave too many cliff-hangers.

The plot with Charlie was concluded, as was the plot with Samuel (the fact he wasn't killed, is evident enough that; should the show come back, so will he). It was (to me) obvious that Tracy would save Noah and Claire (although I'll admit, I though Noah might actually die).

The writers managed to conclude most of the plots that we've had in this show, granted there are still many unsolved, and Catlin still hasn't been rescued, but the main arc of season 4 has been covered, and they've managed to do it in a short amount of time, not knowing the future of their jobs / the show. I think they deserve credit for that.

If the show doesn't go on' they've concluded it nicely. If it does, then they've left it open for such. If we do get another season, all I ask is that they rescue Catlin (or do something like they did with Charlie), and for heaven sake, give Peter back his initial power, and keep Sylar as a good guy. He's had the buildup, to waste it would be unwise.
                Since the future she was trapped in no longer exist's, i'm not sure she can be rescued. Either she no longer exist's or her presence in that future when the past was changed caused that future to branch off into its own seperate timeline, in which case we haven't seen anyone on the show that can transverse realities. I think the producer dug there selves into a hole by leaving her there and decided not to explain what happened to her.

Comment

The writers have mentioned that Catlin was a mistake from the start, and they totally wrote her out of the script by forgetting about her.

The article is out there, just search google for her character. I'm too sleepy to go lookin for it

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                    The writers have mentioned that Catlin was a mistake from the start, and they totally wrote her out of the script by forgetting about her.

The article is out there, just search google for her character. I'm too sleepy to go lookin for it
                    The producers intended on explaining her fate in the original Volume Three, Exodus. But due to the writers strike Exodus was shelved and replaced with Villains.

Comment

Where would they detain Samuel? Can't put him in lockdown with other specials because eventually there'd be enough for him to magnify and break free. Would seem like a lot of trouble to build a custom facility just to contain him with non-special guards that could be taken out by one or more specials that want Samuel free.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                        Where would they detain Samuel?
                        I'm gonna go with, in a dumpster with two to the head.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

One thing that didn't make sense was the Emma Coolidge part. According to earlier episodes, she has to think of the people in order to bring them. So all she should have been doing was playing music. Even then, if she is a "siren" then she should be able to make them all fall asleep, just by thinking about it and playing.

Furthermore, the final "battle" between Peter and Samuel was very anticlimatic, especially because Peter had next to no dealings with him. It should have been Hiro.

One thing I liked about this episode, was the resolution of the Hiro and Charlie storyline.

It's a shame someone doesnt have the ability to stop time, or they could have prevented Claire from doing what she did.

Oh wait..........
                          Or go back in time and undo it. Or erase the memories of the press.
                          Where would they detain Samuel? Can't put him in lockdown with other specials because eventually there'd be enough for him to magnify and break free. Would seem like a lot of trouble to build a custom facility just to contain him with non-special guards that could be taken out by one or more specials that want Samuel free.
                          Probably just in a normal prison with normal people, or keep him sedated.

Comment

or have parkman lock him in his head like he did sylar

i gotta say, sylar better not regress back to psychopath. cause i'm beyond sick and tired of his flip flopping
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              or have parkman lock him in his head like he did sylar

i gotta say, sylar better not regress back to psychopath. cause i'm beyond sick and tired of his flip flopping
                              Agreed! If this show does get another season, Sylar should continue his journey to redemption.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

about the only 'theme' i think i could look forward to is a 'heros against a world that's afraid of them' type of thing

kinda like the x-men. some heros thrive, others are victimized, others help, others need help
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X