Post a pet peeve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the speed limits issue.....

Going on a 45KPH limit road, and going the limit of 45KPH exactly, and some idiot in a charger or other souped up car blasts by you with is bad bass radio doing above ground nuke tests that can shatter windows for miles, and all you can do is wonder where the ditch he'll end up in is

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      Back to the speed limits issue.....

Going on a 45KPH limit road, and going the limit of 45KPH exactly, and some idiot in a charger or other souped up car blasts by you with is bad bass radio doing above ground nuke tests that can shatter windows for miles, and all you can do is wonder where the ditch he'll end up in is
      We're going nowhere mighty fast.....

People who drive 15 miles BELOW the limit; I have as working speed sensor now, I got it repaired, so now I know how fast the idiot in front of me slowing down all traffic is really going. 40 in a 55 zone SPEED UP BUDDY!

But he wont speed up, so rather then me getting honked at I try to get as far to the side as I can so the people backing up behind me can see that I'm not the reason for the backup in traffic
      Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      This is actually a serious problem, very often the cause of road rage.

What they ought to do is require that drivers pull over and allow faster traffic to pass them upon request with flashing the headlights being the signal.

Comment

We're going nowhere mighty fast.....
        And sometimes it happens to me on the HIGHWAY guy easily going twice the legal limit and I'm looking around going "Where the heck is a cop ?"

And dont get me started ont he weekly power outage because people fail to slow down on a curve and slam dead on into the powerpole at the end of my driveway

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

And sometimes it happens to me on the HIGHWAY guy easily going twice the legal limit and I'm looking around going "Where the heck is a cop ?"

And dont get me started ont he weekly power outage because people fail to slow down on a curve and slam dead on into the powerpole at the end of my driveway
          What I'm pointing out is that if he's going faster than you think he should, you want to call a cop. But if he's going slower than you think he should, he needs to speed up.

How about the slower drivers be required to pull over and let the faster drivers get by them, and everyone drives the speed they are comfortable with?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            to be fair text messages can be easily lost or corrupted in transit....maybe try calling the person?
            I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll ask in person.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              I'll be seeing him tonight, so I'll ask in person.
              If you can pry him out of his phone that is....

Comment

Another peeve, gas prices are a rollercoaster of ups and downs PICK A PRICE AND STICK TO IT!!
                $1/gal. sounds good to me.
                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                  Paying 1.25$/liter here. Gimme!
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Yeah, thanks a lot Hermes Delivery guy!

Don't bother yourself ringing the bell, or knocking, just leave my parcel on the front doorstep and bugger off again.
                    This again.

I went out to go and so some shopping, and there's a package propped up against the front door.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by pscard View Post
                      don't know where you are but gas prices haven't been as low as $1 per gallon here in the US for quite some time now, though today's prices would seem quite the bargain to people who suffered the gas shortages of the Carter administration

Comment

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/parkin...barnacle-boot/ - this could become quite the annoyance if property owners decide to use these to run parking fee scams

Comment

https://www.wired.com/2016/10/parkin...barnacle-boot/ - this could become quite the annoyance if property owners decide to use these to run parking fee scams
                          I don't think that's a risk. These things can't be cheap, and unless the property owner has the force of law behind them to prohibit damage to the "barnacle", anyone with a few brain cells should be able to get one of these off their car, if they don't have to worry about damaging it. The scam victims would just destroy the device, and the scammer would have to keep buying new ones.

Comment

I don't think that's a risk. These things can't be cheap, and unless the property owner has the force of law behind them to prohibit damage to the "barnacle", anyone with a few brain cells should be able to get one of these off their car, if they don't have to worry about damaging it. The scam victims would just destroy the device, and the scammer would have to keep buying new ones.
                            read about a McD's in Poughkeepsie that was using these to run parking scams on customers that parked there and went elsehwere even if they came back and bought food and drink from the McD's

Comment

and also it sounds like to brute force the thing off with your bare hands you would have to be the Hulk as it involves overcoming 700 lbs of suction force

Comment

don't know where you are but gas prices haven't been as low as $1 per gallon here in the US for quite some time now, though today's prices would seem quite the bargain to people who suffered the gas shortages of the Carter administration
                                Shell, Chevron, Circle K, Quicktrip are all over $3/gal in Phoenix area

Comment

Working...
                                X