No announcement yet.

Will there be another movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why Brad Wright thought MGM would bother with an SGU movie when the series couldn't bring in enough viewers to stay on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
      They cut it up and sold or auctioned it off in sections.
      Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how much the Earth chevron sold for
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm willing to bet that mabe many years from now Stargate will come back, but if not then some other Science Fiction show will replace it.
        1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
        5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
        6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Space-based science-fiction has already been replaced by down-to-Earth science-fiction shows such as FOX's Fringe. People don't care about space anymore.

Comment

People don't care about space anymore.
            I wouldn't exactly say that but yeah, all of the sci-fi chows are down-to-earth and we may have Lost to thank for that.
            Back from the grave.

Comment

I don't think Lost had anything to do with it. Space-based science-fiction has been on the decline since the 90's.

Comment

I don't think Lost had anything to do with it. Space-based science-fiction has been on the decline since the 90's.
                I totally agree with this. I think a lot of people are much more interested in fantasy that is based a little closer to home. People are obsessed with conspiracies and supernatural things based here on earth as oppose to out in space where there is no chance of us know if maybe its at all true
                sigpic Gets better with age!

Conventions:
                Creation Vancouver SG Con 2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012
                GateCon Vancouver 2011
                Creation Chicago SG Con 2013 - 2014

Comment

Lost was awesome. Anyway, I'm a fan of SGU, but I still doubt a movie would come from that source. I believe that the Atlantis movie would be most likely, we have more sneak peeks on that one. Down(my signature).
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Space based Science Fiction means CGI, CGI is expensive. They require much higher ratings to be a viable profit to TPTW. If they don't get it, they pull it.
                    Posting at.............
                    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

CGI-based visual effects is just one of many expensive endeavors to put together a spaced-based science-fiction show. Quite simply, the audience nor the economy can support such a TV series at this time.

Comment

CGI-based visual effects is just one of many expensive endeavors to put together a spaced-based science-fiction show. Quite simply, the audience nor the economy can support such a TV series at this time.
                        It's not a matter of the economy being insufficient to support such a show. A show that captures wide audience appeal simply isn't out there, and until such time as a show like that arrives, quality space based sci fi will continue its decline.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                          It's not a matter of the economy being insufficient to support such a show.
                          Where have you been for the past four years?

Comment

In the same country I suspect you're in. The money is there for such a show. That show simply isn't around to invest the capital into. I've debated the health of the economy many times, and while certain sectors are greatly depressed, many others are in better states now than before the overall market correction.

Comment

I think there is always execptions to the rule. Look at ST 09. We have just not had many for a long time. The industry was burnt hard a couple of times and is taking a long rest from the genre for now.
                              Posting at.............
                              http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                                I think there is always execptions to the rule. Look at ST 09. We have just not had many for a long time. The industry was burnt hard a couple of times and is taking a long rest from the genre for now.
                                Exactly. A series is an investment, and much like the stock market, confidence is required before the cash is laid down.

Comment

Working...
                                X