No announcement yet.

The Waters of Mars (2009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was actually the end of the last special. The black precongitive lady who won the lottery a lot said something along the lines of 'and now your song is ending' along with the four knocks thing.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      What was the point of WALLE Gadget apart from being a get out clause
      Lool! Just realised that robot did look like WALLE. That film was rubbish
      Anyway, I found the robot funny. The Doctor hates robots

Its top speen is 2mph
      Not anymore!

Rocket powered robot!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
        It was actually the end of the last special. The black precongitive lady who won the lottery a lot said something along the lines of 'and now your song is ending' along with the four knocks thing.
        Oh yeahh. Thanks for that

Did those Water Alien things actually knock four times though...
        Because in the trailer you heard four knocks, but you only heard three in the episode

Sorry for the double post...

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Lool! Just realised that robot did look like WALLE. That film was rubbish
          Anyway, I found the robot funny. The Doctor hates robots

Its top speen is 2mph
          Not anymore!

Rocket powered robot!
          I didn't see the film but I saw the trailer at the cinema and said to my Partner "Oooh look it's Number Five"

Comment

I didn't see the film but I saw the trailer at the cinema and said to my Partner "Oooh look it's Number Five"
            I dont get the reference lol

Comment

I dont get the reference lol
              You never watched Short Circuit then?

Comment

Thing is, Adelaide's suicide doesnt prevent the altered future, it adds to it. Her grand-daughter will think she was a coward who ran away from life rather than face the reality she lived in. Adelaide lost her purpose in life and felt trapped. The Doctor had damned her.

As a Red Dwarf fan, half of me wanted The Valeyar...erm...Doctor to simply say "Smeg" when Adelaide shot herself, then walk into the TARDIS, not a care in the world, he would rationalize that this wouldnt be the first attempt to change history with his newly realized freedom.

"The laws of time are mine to command...and THEY WILL OBEY ME"

The tease of the four knocks with only three was wonderful, and played again with audiences assuming one thing over another.

Barry Letts got a winner.

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                The special was okay, at least it was better than Planet of the Dead and that idiotic Cybermen thing some time ago.
                Which wasnt idiotic in the slightest.

Comment

Here's a thought, concerning the last 2 eps
                  Spoiler:
                  Do you think the Doctor will be forced to regenerate for his crimes, like Doctor Number 2 was, I know the Ood said he would die but then Donna 'died' sort of

Comment

Here's a thought, concerning the last 2 eps
                    Spoiler:
                    Do you think the Doctor will be forced to regenerate for his crimes, like Doctor Number 2 was, I know the Ood said he would die but then Donna 'died' sort of
                    Spoiler:
                    But by who, the Time Lords are long gone and it was they who forced No. 2 to change. The Ood maybe? I can't see them being that powerful however.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      But by who, the Time Lords are long gone and it was they who forced No. 2 to change. The Ood maybe? I can't see them being that powerful however.
                      Spoiler:
                      Depends on who Timothy Dalton's character turns out to be, he had the look of a high ranking Gallifreyan to me. Maybe The Master

Comment

You never watched Short Circuit then?
                        Nah lol

To Zarius
                        I kinda got pulled in by the four knocks in the trailer, but i didnt think the Master would appear in this ep. I loled when there was only three.

To the topic of the last two episodes
                        Spoiler:
                        Apparently the timelords may be in it so if they are, they may force him to regenerate, but i think its unlikely they will be in it
                        Looks like a good Christmas Special and looking forward to seeing it and the Master again

Comment

I wasn't happy with the ending. I though the row (its still a row, even though there is no shouting) he has with woman at the end was very OOC for David Tennants Doctor. Too dark for me. I think he's better when he speaks really fast and is annoying perky and bouncey!!

In fact, my dad, who i forced to watched with me and HATES Dr. Who (he called it "dodgy" before ), actually said about the row, "That's a bit nasty!!"

After that bit i don't know what happen in those last 2-3 minutes as i missed it as my dad kept interupting me, to tell ME what happened and what he said, despite that fact that it had the friking subtitles!! And with my dad, you can't exactly say, "SHUT UP!!! I'M TRYING TO WATCH IT!!!"

All i saw next was the teaser trailer for the next episode (OMG!!) and i COMPLETELY missed the ending!! AGGHHHHH!!! So now, i'm gonna have to find a transcript or someone to explain the end to me!! I'm not happy!! Maybe someone here can tell me what happen. (in spoilers obviously Please?)
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            From what i remember of the ending, we see the woman go into her house n draw a gun out, and then we see the Doctor walk to the Tardis and he turns when she shoots herself in the house. All you see is a flash. Then the Doctor realises what hes done and he sees Oad (Think thats wrong) Sigma and sigma just stands there and the Doctor says 'What have i done? Is this it? My death? Is it time'? Then Sigma disappears. Then he goes into the Tardis and just stands there and you hear the bell thing, and he suddenly just says No! and activates the Tardis
                            Last edited by Teddybrown; 15 November 2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              From what i remember of the ending, we see the woman go into her house n draw a gun out, and then we see the Doctor walk to the Tardis and he turns when she shoots herself in the house. All you see is a flash. Then the Doctor realises what hes done and he sees Oad (Think thats wrong) Sigma and sigma just stands there and the Doctor says 'What have i done? Is this it? My death? Is it time'? Then Sigma disappears. Then he goes into the Tardis and just stands there and you hear the bell thing, and he suddenly just says No! and activates the Tardis
                              Thanks for explaining it for me. I understand it now, sort of!!

BTW: Anyone else getting cheesed off at the Terminator pop-ups? Its really slowing my laptop down everytime it appears!! Grr!!
                              sigpic

Comment

That last bit with the the The Time Lord Victorious part is MEANT to be OOC for the doctor. He finally realised that he is the master of time since he is the only Time Lord left. It definatly proves that Time Lords with power like that really are vengeful Demi Gods.

I also think that its a set up in allowing the Doctor to fight the Master on even terms. Both Time Lords, knowing they both have the right to whatever they hell they want, no matter what. But you can't blame the Doctor for snapping after hearing everyone dieing on the base, then the rocket exploding stranding them. HE's lost everyone he cares about and even people who can't save eg. Pompeii and this time he realised "No More". He's turned into the Master.

Doctor: "But your Changing History!"
                                Master: "I'm a Timelord. I have that right."

However he still has a conscience, and i'm glad that his ego and sence of ominipotence was shot down by Adliey shooting herself and thus proving that time cannot be messed around it without making it slightly worse in some way. Maybe thats while time lords are banned from interferring. Fixed points will always happen even if you interfere, all you will do is end up making it worse for you at the end.

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Working...
                                X