Eli is a real person - Gamer's are better at science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli is a real person - Gamer's are better at science

For those who didn't already know this, there is now a news article confirming it.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/0...est=latestnews

and the concept of something being at the center of the big bang is also real..
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

"gamers at better at science" - yea, that only works if you can correlate the scientific problem into some sort of workable application that gamers could understand. Playing a game doesn't really require much skill, or rather skills easily obtained given a short amount of time.

Most gamers wouldn't have the skills to do complex biological problems if it wasn't in game format....and I don't see a "World of Warcraft: Biochemist expansion" in the future.

Comment

yeah that situation with Eli working out the "end solution" of the Stargate via some GAME was pretty good fun, and it we all drank it in like nectar

but quite honestly - how likely? I would be the last to knock SGU scriptwriters as I have loved every episode and am in tears that there is no more, but this part with Eli being called up bu SG command as he finishes some computer game hmmmmmmm

Comment

Maybe not "World of Warcraft", but there are many Adventure puzzle games, for people who likes difficult problems, and enjoy it, even if there are no shots and flashes around. "Myst" series for example. It is rather hard for a normal player, but i'm sure, that there are some people for whom it was a piece of cake, and they would kill for a game with more difficult enigmas.

I learned to write in a new alphabet, and to count in a alien digit, and number system, playing "Riven". Thats why, when i saw this idea in SGU i was delighted!!!

I agree, Gamer's ARE better at science!!!
          I'm still learning English, and I would be delighted if someone would write me a message or an email. Feel free to correct my posts, spelling and/or grammar, and sentences that don't make sense. School-English just isn't the same. I try not to use the dictionary at every turn, so it's highly likely I'll be making stupid mistakes here and there. Thank you for your patience, and....

Allons-y Alonzo!!!
          (something I always wanted to say)

Comment

I might say they are better at multitasking, but not science..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              I might say they are better at multitasking, but not science..
              Of course, that's not a science in the sense like in school or in college, but the games are a good way to open your mind. Players think on millions different ways, and of my experiences at university is often instill people beaten ways of thinking.
              I'm still learning English, and I would be delighted if someone would write me a message or an email. Feel free to correct my posts, spelling and/or grammar, and sentences that don't make sense. School-English just isn't the same. I try not to use the dictionary at every turn, so it's highly likely I'll be making stupid mistakes here and there. Thank you for your patience, and....

Allons-y Alonzo!!!
              (something I always wanted to say)

Comment

Working...
              X