Stargate Olympus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Olympus

Has anyone read Stargate Olympus. I liked it. Anyone else.

http://www.freewebs.com/stargateolympus/index.htm

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
    Has anyone read Stargate Olympus. I liked it. Anyone else.

http://www.freewebs.com/stargateolympus/index.htm
    It was cool, but the k'Hoas body structure is way off.

Moving faster than they human eye can track entaild high hypersonic speeds, at those speeds you need to be have to push the air from your path or you wil literaly burn up, the soles of your feet will melt from friction with the ground.

Also, a high metabolism won't make bulet wounds cose up Wraith style, they migh heal over in a few hours, but it won't be that dramatic. And tehre is no muscle structure tha can propel an organism to those speeds, hollow bones or not.

Comment

I liked it. (I'm not as nitpicky as Tom )

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        I liked it. (I'm not as nitpicky as Tom )
        What can I say? I like my physics.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          It was cool, but the k'Hoas body structure is way off.

Moving faster than they human eye can track entaild high hypersonic speeds, at those speeds you need to be have to push the air from your path or you wil literaly burn up, the soles of your feet will melt from friction with the ground.

Also, a high metabolism won't make bulet wounds cose up Wraith style, they migh heal over in a few hours, but it won't be that dramatic. And tehre is no muscle structure tha can propel an organism to those speeds, hollow bones or not.
          lol

For the healing I was trying to make a sort of mix between Goa'uld and Wraith healing abilities but I guess my medical adviser dropped the ball >_<. The way I had it planned was that the high metabolism would heal the major damage quickly (obviously not within a few moments but within a matter of hours) and the high protoplasm like cellular make up would heal the wounds quickly and temporarily (long enough for the metabolism to heal the rest under ideal conditions)

For the speed I was trying to just make them really fast lol. Where I got the idea from was have you ever waved your hand in front of your face really fast and you can see the after image of it and where it stops? Thats what I was wanting, fast enough to be a blur if you were watching them but not creating hypersonic speeds to do it >_<. All in all I guess either my medical adviser for the show dropped the ball or I worded it wrong.
          sigpic Current Episode: Hell's Fire
          Stargate Olympus Virtual Series
          Stargate Olympus thread
          Spoiler:

Comment

But it doesn't work that way. When you wave the hand in front of your face, teh afterimage is a product of your imagintion, it's the reson cartoons work, you brain fills in for the pieces between slides.

Another problem is traction, you can't move that fast whitout serious heat buildup in your soles, best case scenario they spontaniously combust. Also, the K'hoas body structure, isn't the best, even throgh you might not be supersonic, you still have to deal with heavy drag, so they would have a blade like frontal profile, with flat limbs and torso to facilitate air flow.

And if you want to rip off Mass Effect speices, go for the cool ones, like the Rachini or the Hanar.

Comment

But it doesn't work that way. When you wave the hand in front of your face, teh afterimage is a product of your imagintion, it's the reson cartoons work, you brain fills in for the pieces between slides.

Another problem is traction, you can't move that fast whitout serious heat buildup in your soles, best case scenario they spontaniously combust. Also, the K'hoas body structure, isn't the best, even throgh you might not be supersonic, you still have to deal with heavy drag, so they would have a blade like frontal profile, with flat limbs and torso to facilitate air flow.

And if you want to rip off Mass Effect speices, go for the cool ones, like the Rachini or the Hanar.
              lol thats what I was going for though lol. So that they aren't really going too fast but fast enough that the human eyes can't process the speed. Like do you remember Avatar? or Upgrades? That's sort of what I was going for, while not being fast enough to have too many draw backs it'd still be faster than our eyes can process fully. Like a show going frame by frame slower than normal. Fast enough that our eyes can't take in every one of their movements but slow at the same time. If that makes sense >_<

lol and honestly I wasn't trying to rip off Mass Effect, I hadn't played it in almost a year when I was coming up with them and the more I was thinking about it my mind made an alien close to them. Although the K'hoas aren't exactly like the Turians and that's why I call them a concept image. Close enough to give the reader a sense of what they look like and yet far enough away that I can't simply say they are K'hoas.

>_< I was just trying to come up with a formidable enemy staying close to Stargate cannon at the same time
              Stargate Olympus thread
              Spoiler:

Comment

Actually I should say that their physical makeup isn't the only reason they're so fast..but I have that planned for season two
                Stargate Olympus thread
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by stargateolympus View Post
                  lol thats what I was going for though lol. So that they aren't really going too fast but fast enough that the human eyes can't process the speed. Like do you remember Avatar? or Upgrades? That's sort of what I was going for, while not being fast enough to have too many draw backs it'd still be faster than our eyes can process fully. Like a show going frame by frame slower than normal. Fast enough that our eyes can't take in every one of their movements but slow at the same time. If that makes sense >_<

lol and honestly I wasn't trying to rip off Mass Effect, I hadn't played it in almost a year when I was coming up with them and the more I was thinking about it my mind made an alien close to them. Although the K'hoas aren't exactly like the Turians and that's why I call them a concept image. Close enough to give the reader a sense of what they look like and yet far enough away that I can't simply say they are K'hoas.

>_< I was just trying to come up with a formidable enemy staying close to Stargate cannon at the same time
                  Ah yes, you make a good point. Through however given their speed and the "cloaking" I'd have to lean towards some sort of cold plasma manipulation responsible for both beding light around them and acting as a fluid dynamic manipulator (controling the fow of gas around their bodies to aplify aerodynamic propreties).

I still think the K'hoas would look cool as human sized, walking knives through.

Comment

Ah yes, you make a good point. Through however given their speed and the "cloaking" I'd have to lean towards some sort of cold plasma manipulation responsible for both beding light around them and acting as a fluid dynamic manipulator (controling the fow of gas around their bodies to aplify aerodynamic propreties).

I still think the K'hoas would look cool as human sized, walking knives through.
                    Well I can't get into that this earlier lol.

I am looking for ideas for new alien races if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them.

By the way Frontline should be up, my internet is having issues with pdfs for some reason, I don't know why. If not it should be up within the hour.

Never mind it being up within an hour, my internet is still screwing up. Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow. Also tomorrow I start work on It Takes A Thief.
                    Last edited by stargateolympus; 06 September 2008, 09:43 PM. Reason: internet problems
                    Stargate Olympus thread
                    Spoiler:

Comment

why not try a lizardy alien but capable of human speach? and their own language just to confuse us ofcourse
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                        why not try a lizardy alien but capable of human speach? and their own language just to confuse us ofcourse
                        Not the lizard aliens again.

If you want inspiration, look to Farscape, they had some of the most messed up dudes.

Comment

lol I forgot about the aliens in Farscape, dang I need to buy those dvds too >_< lol. Thanks for the help though.

If anyone's interested I finally got Frontline turned into a PDF and posted, took for ever to find something that worked
                          Stargate Olympus thread
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I was wondering, could anyone come up with an address for Olympus?
                            Stargate Olympus thread
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Sorry about this everyone but I'm going to have to cut back on the episodes to one every two weeks. I know it sucks and I hate having to do it but with school and everything else starting up I'm finding myself swamped to try to get an episode up every week. I am always looking for help though if someone can help write or make graphics or anything to help out.

I'm also trying to find out how to calculate an address for Olympus itself from Earth in a secondary project I have going on.
                              Stargate Olympus thread
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X