No announcement yet.

Mother's Mercy (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He got her out of there because he finally realized it was Robb's sister that would be tortured if he didn't, I think.

Book spoiler

Spoiler:
    In the books Theon and Jeyne Pool (posing as Arya Stark and whose character was replaced with Sansa's arc) survive the jump because of the amount of snow.
    sigpic

Comment

Damn you BBC for spoiling that last scene... Still, it shocked me when I watched it... Kit says hes dead and not coming back in season 6, but time will tell...

Great finale and looking forward to whats coming next.

Comment

Littlefinger betraying Sansa was predictable (he only uses people to further his own agenda, Catelyn being the only possible exception. besides, the Boltons have no reason the fear LF anyway)

but, the scene with Jaqen & Arya was a surprise - in s2 Jaqen told Arya that she had many names on her list & that she could kill all of them with training, however here Arya kills just one of them & she gets punished, so Jaqen essentially lied to Arya and he should whip himself

Comment

anyway just finished watching season 5 - and now my watch is ended :/

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            so Jaqen essentially lied to Arya and he should whip himself
            After that scene I'm not entirely certain that is the same Jaqen.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              After that scene I'm not entirely certain that is the same Jaqen.
              no but if they're all the same (no one) then they share the same mindset which is the assassin guild's policy

Comment

I think what Jacquen meant was 'yes, you can kill them....when it's time to kill them' When 'he' or the many faced god says it's their time. Then their life is hers to take, but not before then
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

in that case Jaqen wasn't really honest with Arya as he suggested she could use her training to exact revenge - if she realizes that she won't be able to this way then chances are she'll leave the assassin's guild

Comment

Jaqen H’ghar was schooling Arya that one can't just take any life. The people he killed for Arya was in return for the lives she saved.

Its not up to her who gets killed and who gets spared. Its up to this 'many faced god'.

As the Faceless Men forsake their identities for the service of the Many-Faced God, they only assassinate targets they have been hired to kill and may not choose who is worthy of the 'gift' by themselves.
                    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Many-Faced_God

What's that line..."with great power comes great responsibility"
                    Last edited by psl1; 07 July 2015, 06:22 PM.
                    SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

in that case Jaqen lied to Arya

btw if lives saved must be paid by taking lives, shouldn't lives taken be paid by saving lives?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        in that case Jaqen lied to Arya

btw if lives saved must be paid by taking lives, shouldn't lives taken be paid by saving lives?
                        Yes and No. More like he didn't tell her the whole truth. Most people, especially kids can only 'take things in', in stages.

Comment

"A girl has many names on her lips. Names to offer up to the Red God. She could offer them all one by one"

maybe not 100% unequivocal but it's quite clear he's saying she could use the assassin training to carry out her vendetta (tbh I did find it odd that he would tell her to join a religious faction whose only purpose is to serve only a god while at the same time use her membership for her own personal "selfish" purposes but that's basically what he's telling her)

Comment

Well you know what they say about all the main characters in this story...they are not all bad and not all good....

Comment

Working...
                            X