Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they said at one point that was their plan for them.

Comment

I tweeted them the other day and they said they still intended on collecting the Legacy novellas in print form.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Excellent. Hope they add the SG-1 story as a bonus. Permafrost I think was the name?

Comment

Yeah, Permafrost. Really enjoyed that one! I finally got Points of Origin and am working my way through it now. On the second story, the first Atlantis one. This one feels very Lovecraftian.
          sigpic

Comment

The Wild Blue (novella) was released on Kindle today:
            https://www.amazon.com/STARGATE-ATLA...HAGVVK4#navbar

Comment

I'm struggling to get into this one. Just not gripping me.
              sigpic

Comment

Just finished it yesterday and enjoyed it overall, especially Zelenka parts. It is a different sort of story than most Stargate settings, due to Sateda starting over again and not having a lot of technology available. The lead-up has an aviation focus which historical and small aircraft enthusiasts would probably like and seemed well-researched, yet not over my head. This might be the biplane featured, or one similar:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFLL...outu.be&t=2m1s

Comment

I finished it but it didn't pick up towards the end for me. Just didn't feel like Stargate. Too many newer characters.
                  sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or is Ronan a massive ******* who can't be trusted throughout 'Inheritors'?

Comment

I already posted this in the SG-1 novels thread, but I thought I'd re-post here because of the bolded section.

From Keith R. A. DeCandido's blog (decandido.wordpress.com):

Now available for preorder: Stargate SG-1/Atlantis: Homeworlds, a new anthology edited by Sally Malcolm from the fine folks at Fandemonium. You can preorder the Kindle edition from Amazon, and I’m sure other eBook retailers will have it soon. The eBook goes on sale 23 June, and the print edition is like to follow in July.

Here’s the full table of contents:

SGA: “The Mysteries of Emege” by Jo Graham

SG1: “In Passing” by Susannah Parker Sinard

SGA: “Worshipper” by Melissa Scott

SG1: “Blinded by the Light” by Barbara Ellisor

SGA: “Second Time Sateda” by Ron Francis

SG1: “Sun-Breaker” by Keith R.A. DeCandido

SGA: “The Player on the Other Side” by Amy Griswold

SG1: “Sweet Herbs and Freedom” by Suzanne Wood

SGA: “Going Home” by Aaron Rosenberg

SG1: “They Shoot Heroes, Don’t They?” by Geonn Cannon

The stories take place all over the timeline, both during the respective series and after. (“The Mysteries of Emege” and “Worshipper” take place after Atlantis‘s fifth season, and also after the post-finale Legacy book series, and my own “Sun-Breaker” is a post-season-10 SG-1 story that features Colonel Carter in charge of the U.S.S. George Hammond.) Also, the stories “Blinded by the Light” and “Second Time Sateda” were the two winners in a Stargate short fiction contest judged by Sally, Sabine Bauer, and Laura Harper at the GateCon convention in Vancouver last fall.

So go! Preorder it! You’ll be glad you did!

Comment

Originally posted by Alterus View Post
                        Is it just me or is Ronan a massive ******* who can't be trusted throughout 'Inheritors'?
                        There were a lot of threads and posts on GW from fans saying that season 5 Ronon was written this way, especially in regards to his actions in "The Lost Tribe." In Legacy books 7 and 8, he gets a plot with more character development to show he can be level-headed and trustworthy.

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
                        I already posted this in the SG-1 novels thread, but I thought I'd re-post here because of the bolded section.

From Keith R. A. DeCandido's blog (decandido.wordpress.com):
                        Thank you! These were a long time coming. I was afraid there would not be any more Legacy-related stories and hope they won't be the last.

Comment

Melissa's short story "Worshipper" was fantastic in the anthology: another chance to see the Lanteans through the eyes of a new and different viewpoint and to see the Wraith and their culture written in a way that is both thoughtful and respectful (the way of modern comics and movies which audiences adore, such as those from Marvel). More please!!!

EDIT: That said, I conscientiously object to having to pay to get this story in a bundle which contains works which do not treat all of the Stargate races well. My dollars went to support Melissa's story.
                          Last edited by WraithTech; 25 March 2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Great news: there will be another Legacy book, according to a Fandy email.
                            "STARGATE ATLANTIS: Pride of the Genii – Melissa Scott
                            Set in the STARGATE Legacy universe, there’s trouble afoot for Colonel Sheppard’s team when the Genii’s Ancient cruiser, The Pride of the Genii, goes missing. Amid secrets and lies, the Atlantis team must discover the truth if they’re to escape with their lives… Available winter 2017/18"

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                              Great news: there will be another Legacy book, according to a Fandy email.
                              "STARGATE ATLANTIS: Pride of the Genii – Melissa Scott
                              Set in the STARGATE Legacy universe, there’s trouble afoot for Colonel Sheppard’s team when the Genii’s Ancient cruiser, The Pride of the Genii, goes missing. Amid secrets and lies, the Atlantis team must discover the truth if they’re to escape with their lives… Available winter 2017/18"
                              Not too far off, either!

Comment

Excellent! Wonder if it's just a stand-alone episode, so to speak.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X