No announcement yet.

Telford Explanation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least one Telford is still around. That was a wicked way to die though.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf One View Post
      People keep speaking as if the Telford on earth is still alive. Aren't both killed if one is as well? Think of Ginny and Amanda Perry.
      Telford +12 was not using the stones. Camille stoned over and spoke with Telford +12, who wanted to swap with current Telford. This was pretty explicitly said in the episode.
      Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Yeah I think you all are reading way too much into the Telford switching with telford thing.. He only wants to switch with himself so he can be in his own body.

Comment

I might be missing something from the conversation, but...

When they dialed the 9th chevron the first time, once Rush sent Young through, he was the only one left on board Destiny. He then went to the stones to check with SGC about how many people made it through - when he did this he switched with Telford - there is a scene of him in Rush's clothing in the Destiny's gateroom. The cutscene then brings us back to the infirmary, in present time.

Obviously Rush or Telford disconnected the stones, otherwise Rush would never have gone to the shuttle, and eventually meet up with Destiny.

So Telford is still alive on Earth, Destiny Telford is dead. First Destiny Rush is dead/who knows, and regular Destiny Rush is still alive, but disturbed?

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
            Not necessarily true. As seen in previous Stargate shows, alternate timelines while very similar can be drastically different. We know this wasn't an identical timeline as the damage on both the Destiny's from the space battle were different. Telford's outlook could be drastically different from what we know. (Even to the point that he may not have been 'cured' from the LA's brainwashing. We really don't know anything about this "new" Telford.)
            There was only a 12 hour difference between the two. And I don't remember seeing the different damage to the other Destiny. When they showed everybody looking at it, it had been damaged from trying to dial Earth inside the star.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I still don't get it. How could Telford be on Earth when he got there in a series of events that never happened? When Alternate Rush traveled by in time 12 hours, he couldn't have been on Earth 12 hours in the past because they hadn't event tried to dial Earth yet. He was on Destiny at that time obviously, but then what? He just appeared on Earth at the point in time when he arrived there in the previous timeline?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                I still don't get it. How could Telford be on Earth when he got there in a series of events that never happened?
                They did happen.

When Alternate Rush traveled by in time 12 hours, he couldn't have been on Earth 12 hours in the past because they hadn't event tried to dial Earth yet. He was on Destiny at that time obviously, but then what? He just appeared on Earth at the point in time when he arrived there in the previous timeline?
                I'm not sure what you mean. Rush never went to Earth other than using the stones, and that was after he'd already been sent back in time.

Comment

I mistyped that. I meant Telford, not Rush.

It wasn't until after I posted that until I realized that either. I did not realize that Telford arrived on Earth 12 hours in the past as well. I thought he was supposedly on Earth in the present, and then the Destiny and Dr. Rush traveled back in time to meet the rest of crew.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Interesting points. You would expect that the IRIS on Earth would have been closed until the scheduled Dial In time from Destiny (no radio transmission can go through a 9 chevron wormhole as mentioned so Homeworld Command would have been told when to expect a dial in)
                    Now, Telford ends up on earth -12 hours before the scheduled dial in. Shouldn't the IRIS have been closed?

Comment

Eli had already been to tell them about the plan, and they'd have known that it was an incoming wormhole from Destiny just by the chevrons. It's not that much of a stretch to assume they'd have opened the iris for them, or him, as was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by zmo View Post
                        Interesting points. You would expect that the IRIS on Earth would have been closed until the scheduled Dial In time from Destiny (no radio transmission can go through a 9 chevron wormhole as mentioned so Homeworld Command would have been told when to expect a dial in)
                        Now, Telford ends up on earth -12 hours before the scheduled dial in. Shouldn't the IRIS have been closed?
                        Good point.

If "new" Telford has/had been on Earth for 12 hours shouldn't Eli have known about it when he used the stones & switched with Dr Lee? ... Or did this somehow change events on Earths timeline?

Comment

I think the writers sort of forgot about that one.

Most of the 'not-knowing-about-Telford' can be explained as the destiny crew not using the stones nor having anyone on stone duty. It could be that Eli switched with Dr Lee more than 12 hours before the "first" destiny attempted to dial.

I believe it's like this;

- hour 0: moment of dailing in the first timeline: Destiny A tries to dial

- 12+ hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial: Eli and Dr Lee swap places. This happens a little more than 12 hours before Destiny A tried to dial. Noone is on stone duty after this. The SGC is expecting the Destiny to dial in anywhere within the next day or so.
                          - 12 hours before dial: Destiny A makes a connection to Earth and is sent back in time a little over 12 hours
                          - 12 hours before dial: Telford comes through the gate on Earth
                          - roughly 12-9 hours before dial: Rush waits on destiny A and then uses the stones to switch with Telford
                          - roughly 9-6 hours ( I'm just making up random hours, just to give an impression of a rough timescale ) before dial: Destiny B comes out of FTL, Rush goes to Destiny B
                          - 0 hours before the moment when destiny A tried to dial. Destiny B is in the star and crew B decides not to dial Earth.
                          - 1+ hours after the moment when destiny A tried to dial; Destiny B encounters Destiny A, which has left the star hours earlier and stopped nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
                            Good point.

If "new" Telford has/had been on Earth for 12 hours shouldn't Eli have known about it when he used the stones & switched with Dr Lee? ... Or did this somehow change events on Earths timeline?
                            Two days later, and this episode still has my head hurting. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, but is there a reason that Telford wanted to go first so bad, and he begged everyone else to wait three seconds before entering the gate behind him?
                            Stratification?

Comment

Nah, he just meant the had to wait a moment before following to give eachother a little space when going through. A little pause for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
                                Nah, he just meant the had to wait a moment before following to give eachother a little space when going through. A little pause for safety.
                                You don't think Telford is still a little brainwashed, and he was shooting the crew as they were stepping into the wormhole?
                                Stratification?

Comment

Working...
                                X