Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...shrill- and ill-informed lemmings...

Those were the days.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Those were the days.
      Yeah. Meanwhile, other shows, such as the current run of Voltron on Netflix, they listen to their fans, such as when bloggers kept asking for more female characters. It was a correct and reasonable request and it was done. (And, I have to add, this cartoon has a more sophisticated depiction of inter-civilizational and racial conflict, not resorting to blanket statements or calling opponents "it.")
      Last edited by WraithTech; 08 March 2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Singularity #1 is for sale on Kindle as of today:
        https://www.amazon.com/Stargate-Atla...is+singularity

Comment

I've been told mine and the Mrs' copies have arrived at the local store too.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
            I've been told mine and the Mrs' copies have arrived at the local store too.
            His and hers sets? Is this to support the comics or are there different handling rules? If the latter, I'm one of those types who washes my hands before handling my comics and CD booklets and makes others do so too.

This issue was back on track, clear to read, and enjoyable. Just 2 more issues left in the arc...

Comment

My local comic shop has two stores. At store one I’m the only one buying SGA or SGU. At store two there is another person buying them. They don’t stock any American Mythology books on their shelves at all and have one person they order the Edgar Rice Burroughs books for. I hope their sales are better elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                This issue was back on track, clear to read, and enjoyable. Just 2 more issues left in the arc...
                Good to hear. Might check it out. I've given up on the (awful) SGU ones, and will give SGA another try.

What do you mean by 2 more issues in the arc?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                  My local comic shop has two stores. At store one I’m the only one buying SGA or SGU. At store two there is another person buying them. They don’t stock any American Mythology books on their shelves at all and have one person they order the Edgar Rice Burroughs books for. I hope their sales are better elsewhere...
                  None of my local shops carry it any more. One used to, but they gave up after the first couple of SGA issues that were 'poorly received'.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                    I hope their sales are better elsewhere...
                    Maybe online sales are better? Midtown comics is already out of cover B. That was fast. UPDATE: That cover is now back in stock.

Originally posted by Langley_forum View Post
                    What do you mean by 2 more issues in the arc?
                    The current SGA story arc spans 12 issues and 10 of those have been released, leaving 2 more: Singularity 2 and Singularity 3.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 18 March 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Each SGA series has been three issues. This arc has two more left and that makes 12 total issues for the storyline. After that we don’t know what they are doing

Comment

His and hers sets? Is this to support the comics or are there different handling rules? If the latter, I'm one of those types who washes my hands before handling my comics and CD booklets and makes others do so too.
                        Lol I'm a little gentler with my comics so I like to have my own collection. We also don't mind supporting the comics a little more. We both backed the KS.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Lol...every little bit helps! Personally I’m dumb enough to buy all the variant covers.
                          Last edited by lightsyder; 16 March 2018, 04:21 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

That is a bonus about the comics-- even after they have been read through and even if the stories disappoint, the artistry (and also the cover artistry) add another dimension of enjoyment to the end products.

Comment

That is a bonus about the comics-- even after they have been read through and even if the stories disappoint, the artistry (and also the cover artistry) add another dimension of enjoyment to the end products.
                              Other than some of the covers (in particular the ones that looked like somebody touched up photos with water colors), I haven't really liked the art in a lot of the SGA comics. The characters just didn't look right. Sheppard appears different in every frame, and I only recognize Ronon because of his hair!

The art in the recent anthology in particular was really, really bad.

On a positive note, I really like the look of the cover for Singularity 3. That's the best looking cover so far. Hopefully that's a good sign for future books.

Comment

Originally posted by Langley_forum View Post
                                On a positive note, I really like the look of the cover for Singularity 3. That's the best looking cover so far. Hopefully that's a good sign for future books.

Langley_forum, you make me laugh, because you pick the one which might the last one for SGA.

Comment

Working...
                                X