MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    Maybe, but i don't think that's the goal. If Origin is successful, it'll likely be followed by an announcement of a sequel, one that imagines a slightly different Earth with a different setup exploring the galaxy of Origins.

If it fails, we'll treat it like Stargate Infinity.
    That's what I've been thinking too, except for the Infinity part.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If it fails, we'll treat it like Stargate Infinity.
      Treat it like what?

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
        Treat it like what?
        Exactly

Comment

Comment

I have watched the Stargate : Infinity series. It is not as bad as you believe it. There were 4-5 really good episodes out of the 26. What I really enjoyed that they introduced at least 15-20 new races and guess what they even named as well! So if those races could exist in a future SG spin-off, I would be satisfied.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have to say I like the fact that Connor Trinneer is one of the actors in origins but then again it feels strange because, well he was Michael in SGA and now in a show of the same universe he plays someone else.
              To me that is kind of like they had Amanda Tapping play Carson's role in SGA instead of Sam, it would be strange too because you'd always have her in mind as Sam Carter

Comment

The Stargate shows have a track record of recycling actors for multiple parts

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
                  The Stargate shows have a track record of recycling actors for multiple parts
                  It's that relatively small Canadian actor-pool they were dipping in, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    It's that relatively small Canadian actor-pool they were dipping in, I guess.
                    From what i understood of Malozzi's blog, they would often casts someone in a minor role, liked the actor better than expected, and so decided to hire them again.

Comment

From what i understood of Malozzi's blog, they would often casts someone in a minor role, liked the actor better than expected, and so decided to hire them again.
                      Which is a good thing actually only not at least in my opinion if you can clearly recognize the actor having been someone in a bigger role before

Comment

That's probably the way of it.

From what I recall of an interview with Claire Rankin, she got the part of Kate cause they remembered she had come in (as support) when Rachel had been auditioning for Teyla. So...

Comment

So, I was casually reading the article here on GW about Origins premiere date, which is February 15. I scrolled a little and there's a bit to the end where our very own Darren speculates about the format in which it will be released. He writes that it might be one episode a week, in contrast with Netflix' all-in-one-go.

While almost all of us won't be in a position to watch it, or won't watch out of principle or not interested. What do you think will be the release-format? All 10 episodes in one go? One episode a week, or maybe 2 episodes a week?

Reminder: it's 10 episodes of 10 minutes.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous to treat this as a 42-minute episode run and wait 7 days to release the next installment. Then again, with the marketing done, I wouldn't be surprised if MGM/Command (United Artists) fraks this up as well. 10 minute episodes, once a week -- the only good thing would be that in order to remember what happened the week before, the episode would probably be streaming again. If the streaming counter counts unique IP's then it won't make a difference in viewing numbers but if it doesn't, then it will automatically get skewed (the latter could lead to more Stargate, even though it be cheating the numbers, and is also not likely to happen).

Comment

Reminder: it's 10 episodes of 10 minutes.
                            10 minutes? I doubt it's gonna be weekly. I watch plenty of 20 minute episode shows, and that's about the minimum you can have. It's just long enough to set up and pay off an A and B plot. 10 minutes a piece is nothing. You're basically into the episode and it's over.

So yea, i really really hope they don't do this in a weekly format. Although i haven't really thought about it, since i'm not even sure if i'm going to watch it at all.

Comment

10 minutes? I doubt it's gonna be weekly. I watch plenty of 20 minute episode shows, and that's about the minimum you can have. It's just long enough to set up and pay off an A and B plot. 10 minutes a piece is nothing. You're basically into the episode and it's over.

So yea, i really really hope they don't do this in a weekly format. Although i haven't really thought about it, since i'm not even sure if i'm going to watch it at all.
                              It's not 10 different episodes with 10 different stories. It's one story, cut up into 10 episodes of 10 minutes. It's basically, a 100 minute film.

Comment

It's not 10 different episodes with 10 different stories. It's one story, cut up into 10 episodes of 10 minutes. It's basically, a 100 minute film.
                                I know. But it means that the plot will either go back and forth a lot, meaning it feels like slow development, or it'll mean that you have a story literally cut into 10 pieces. I can't imagine watching a Game of Thrones episode (the recent ones were like an hour or so) and going "today on GOT: Daenary's scenes". Next week: See what the Night king has been up to. Or any movie and having a week-long break every 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X