Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Well we saw a look at 4 of the main areas.. the plains nations, texas, the midwest (philly, illinois, michigan etc) and the deep south (alabama, mississippi, georga)..

I would love to see what colorado, ca, seatle, etc are like.
    Yeah what is California doing over there with Governor Affleck. lol. I assumed when which ever character (Randall Flynn I think) said that, they were implying Ben Affleck.

The winters would have really been thinning the herd. Obviously they stay away from showing it because of filming, but in all honesty I don't see why people would really be populating the areas of North America that have harsh winters other than the hardcore people who know how to prepare for and survive that. Most would have migrated south or to the west coast by this point, imo. Don't see why more people weren't migrating south because of the harsh control of the Monroe Militia.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      Turned out the show was watchable and kinda addicting. Certainly not a masterpiece of writing or acting but good enough to entertain.
      That's basically how I feel about the series. I think it's a fun series and I find it entertaining.

Last ep of season 1
      Spoiler:
      I am rather mad they killed Nora. The one strong female character and actor on the show I liked.
      Spoiler:
      I really liked Nora too. I wasn't happy about Nora's death either, especially since it seemed like she was killed off just so they could more easily focus on the relationship between Miles and Rachel(and I'm sure they wanted a major character death for the season finale too). I really like both Miles and Rachel, but I'm really not a fan of their romantic pairing(which seemed to come out of nowhere in the second half of the first season). Not that I cared that much for Miles/ Nora; I just liked it better than Miles/Rachel.
      Last edited by VampyreWraith; 26 October 2013, 04:51 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
        One thing they haven't addressed on the show yet that I would like to see, but- they've so far worked around-is how these societies get along in the harsh winters without modern electricity, ect. The Northern half of the US and most of Canada can have very harsh winters.
        Maybe that would be too hard to film so they've stayed away from it.
        Surely that would impact traveling around especially in the Plains States and Northeast.
        I don't recall seeing anything about West of the Rockies-maybe in later storylines?
        People survived in Northern climates for thousands of years before electricity. Keeping warm in the winter is easy and quite low tech. Insulate the house, have a fire place, use blankets at night, that is all.

Keeping cool in the hot summers is the hard part.
        sigpic

Comment

Most would have migrated south or to the west coast by this point, imo. Don't see why more people weren't migrating south because of the harsh control of the Monroe Militia.
          Well, remembering some of the S1 eps they did indicate that border controls were in place to prevent those 'exoduses'..

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            Spoiler:
            I really liked Nora too. I wasn't happy about Nora's death either, especially since it seemed like she was killed off just so they could more easily focus on the relationship between Miles and Rachel(and I'm sure they wanted a major character death for the season finale too). I really like both Miles and Rachel, but I'm really not a fan of their romantic pairing(which seemed to come out of nowhere in the second half of the first season). Not that I cared that much for Miles/ Nora; I just liked it better than Miles/Rachel.
            Spoiler:
            Oh I get why they killed her...to pair off Miles with Rachel ...but I liked her for her. Didn't need her paired off with anyone. And as far as the women actors go, she was the best one. Don't particularly like the one playing Charlie and Elizabeth Mitchell is hit and miss for me.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            People survived in Northern climates for thousands of years before electricity. Keeping warm in the winter is easy and quite low tech. Insulate the house, have a fire place, use blankets at night, that is all.

Staying warm not that big of a problem. I think more about how much preparation you need to do for having enough food. Not exactly a skill a lot of people have. Longer growing seasons in the south. After 15 years obviously the people still living in such areas have learned how to do so, but in the early years, I'd think people would have been migrating to less harsh climates.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Well, remembering some of the S1 eps they did indicate that border controls were in place to prevent those 'exoduses'..
            Missed that bit, but still don't see how they would have enough people working for the MM to enforce any kind of border.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Spoiler:
              Oh I get why they killed her...to pair off Miles with Rachel ...but I liked her for her. Didn't need her paired off with anyone. And as far as the women actors go, she was the best one. Don't particularly like the one playing Charlie and Elizabeth Mitchell is hit and miss for me.

Spoiler:
              Yeah, she didn't need to be relationship with anyone. She was a good character, and I liked the way the actress played her too. The actress playing Charlie isn't bothering me as much this season. I've liked Elizabeth Mitchell in all the roles I've seen her in(though I found her character a bit annoying at times in V).
              sigpic

Comment

Revoultion (Season 1) is now available on DVD here in the UK.
                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                To thy own self... Be true
                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post

Yes very true! People from modern times would have had to re-learn how to do that(survive the cold) all over again. I think travel would be more difficult-they'd have to stay put.
                  True about the summers. The American Southwest wasn't largely populated until after the discovery of air-conditioning.
                  And:
                  Spoiler:
                  I agree with the others I wasn't happy about Nora's death, either. I also liked her better than either Charlie or Elizabeth. She didn't need to be paired up with Miles, either. They easily could have kept her but I suppose they wanted a major character death.

Comment

So did they kill Monroe, or just make it look like he died (and that's why mommy dearest is now unburying him??

Comment

But how did the founding fathers run America without electricity and yet they didn't fall over or the government collapse did it?

And question with spoilers

Spoiler:
                      And how is it that since the blackout stared in the present day how did we manage to invent super advanced nanites and magic medelallions that can control them?

I'd like to know who invented this stuff and why? magic nanites and stuff geez.......
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Um we can build nanities now
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Um we can build nanities now
                          But not with the level of functionality in the show..... ..

If that's the case where are my medical nanobots I want that

Comment

Sure they do. Just not for the general public
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Sure they do. Just not for the general public

Hmmmmmmmm

Comment

Those nanites were what MADE the blackout, not were made after. Also so were those medallions.

Comment

Working...
                                X