MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://josephmallozzi.com/2020/07/2...lad-you-asked/

"23 years since SG-1 premiered. 9 years since SGU aired its final episode. We are close.

Thanks to the fandom that got the ball rolling with two spectacular tweet storms.

Thanks to MGM that heard their call.

Thanks to Brad Wright who has been busy on…stuff.

Long-suffering Stargate fans may finally be rewarded. Provided a few crucial pieces fall into place.

As I’ve said all along, it’s not a matter of if, but when.

But what do I know?

Ultimately, less than some. But more than most

Stay positive, Stargate fans!"
    Last edited by Platschu; 28 July 2020, 09:15 AM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I heard back from Joe M, so nothing on Stargate. And something else https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...orts-divisions

I guess we fans are in limbo....
      and familiar faces won't be there

Comment

I believe Falcon Horus has answered this question on the previous page

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        For reference in addition to Xaeden's post:

MGM Holdings, Inc. is a Delaware-registered pure holding company and the parent company of the American media company Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. Through this holding company, MGM's former creditors own the studio. Its headquarters are in Beverly Hills, California, United States.

MGM Resorts International is an American global hospitality and entertainment company operating destination resorts.

The only thing still in common is the MGM in their name.

I have heard the Blindspot has ended after 5 seasons. It would be a perfect time to call Martin Gero back to the next Stargate tv show as he has provided some fresh ideas. But his career has gone well since Stargate, so now he is a producer as well and if I remember well some news mentioned his name that he is envolved in development for 3 other tv shows. So I doubt that he would come back.

I have just found this old post from page 25 (~ 2018 September):

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        According to the GW, the announcement could happen on Saturday. Maybe we should make an announcement bingo:

- nothing
        - nothing, but "we are working on it"
        - nothing, but "we tried to work on it"
        - nothing, but the **** SyFy sabotaged it
        - Jaffa stories by CJ
        - new Origins season or seasons
        - new mini-series from BW
        - new spin-off from BW
        - new SG movies with the combined cast of SG-1/Atlantis/Universe from BW

etc.
        Well... Almost two years have gone and nothing has changed.
        Last edited by Platschu; 28 July 2020, 09:20 AM.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
          I heard back from Joe M, so nothing on Stargate. And something else https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...orts-divisions
          Unfortunately, MGM is by far not the only company out there who will have to cut their employee staff... 2020 is not kind to anyone at the moment.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            2020 is not kind to anyone at the moment.
            Except CBS who has announced a new animated Star Trek spin-off. Again. There are Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks, Prodigy and Section 31 now. Unbelieveable. I wish the Stargate franchisewould expand with this speed.

Comment

Except CBS who has announced a new animated Star Trek spin-off. Again. There are Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks, Prodigy and Section 31 now. Unbelieveable. I wish the Stargate franchisewould expand with this speed.
              Yeah okay... they seem to have found their stride.

Comment

He also posted this on Reddit.
                https://old.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...ll_im/fzh4mr4/

I, and I think most fans, are not interested in a ****ty reboot that wipes out the existing canon.

Comment

We have waited so long that such little tricks can't fool us anymore. I still remember how CJ has made sworn an oath about continuation (check the first post in this thread), but then nothing has happened. That was 3 years ago! I will be satisfied only when we get official confirmation from MGM that they have ordered a new Stargate tv movie / mini-series / spinoff.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 04 August 2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

We have waited so long that such little tricks can't fool us anymore. i still remember how CJ has made swore an oath about continuation (check the first post in this thread), but then nothing has happened. That was 3 years ago! I will be satisfied only when we get official confirmation from MGM that they have ordered a new Stargate tv movie / mini-series / spinoff.
                    I agree 100%.

Comment

We have waited so long that such little tricks can't fool us anymore. i still remember how CJ has made swore an oath about continuation (check the first post in this thread), but then nothing has happened. That was 3 years ago! I will be satisfied only when we get official confirmation from MGM that they have ordered a new Stargate tv movie / mini-series / spinoff.
                      The day it airs, is the day I'll believe it...

Comment

I just want to be a tiny little spider in the writers' room. It would be my dream job to be a "creative consultant", but it will never go to happen.

Comment

I just want to be a tiny little spider in the writers' room. It would be my dream job to be a "creative consultant", but it will never go to happen.
                          That's what RPG's (no, not Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers) are for.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Yep. You are probably right. Professional work must be left for professional writers.

Comment

Every professional writer starts out as an amateur and a wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                                Every professional writer starts out as an amateur and a wannabe.
                                Yup.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X