No announcement yet.

The Vampires of Venice (3106/506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A classic Doctor Who romp, loved it If every episode was "epic" then "epic" would be meaningless - this was fun!

Comment

about the end scene
      am I crazy or did it go silent as soon as Rory went in the tardis?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
        A classic Doctor Who romp, loved it If every episode was "epic" then "epic" would be meaningless - this was fun!
        Well put!

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
        about the end scene
        am I crazy or did it go silent as soon as Rory went in the tardis?
        It's part of the story arc running through this series. "Silence" has been mentioned since The Eleventh Hour.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

yeah I just assumed its something about Amy
          but now it looks like it might be about Rory

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
            yeah I just assumed its something about Amy
            but now it looks like it might be about Rory
            Maybe its something to do with both of them? As the Doctor once said "Time will tell. It always does."

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Just watched it again. Very funny (easily on a par with Moffat's humour I'd say), and I like Rory more. Six episodes in and I'm still astounded by Matt Smith's acting and delivery - perfect. In the space of only half a series he's become my favourite Doctor, partly due to the writing (I view Victory of the Daleks as the low point) and partly due to his talent.

At least we didn't get another crack in this episode, but instead we got silence...interesting. I have no idea what it means, but...interesting.

The story wasn't anything particularly special, but then sometimes dialogue, chemistry and acting can more than cover for that, and I think this episode proves that - I hope Toby Whithouse writes for Who again.

Coming after that amazing Weeping Angels two-parter, it's probably good that it isn't a huge epic tale, but more of a personal, small scale one. And as Rodney_Mckay said, it was a damn good old school Doctor Who adventure.

Next week's ep looks like a doozy.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

What... no Wampires of Wenice in a Russian accent.....

Comment

Good Episode, next ep looks confusing though

Major Like: Beginning scene when the Doctor bursts out of the cake and says what he says was epic.

Major WTF: That guy referring to mum as "mummy"

Major Down: Fish People, Seriously?
                  Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Maybe its something to do with both of them? As the Doctor once said "Time will tell. It always does."
                    He said in the Eleventh Hour that they were made from 'two parts of time that should never have touched', which could suggest Rory/Amy or Rory/Doctor or Amy/Doctor.
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

A good episode that jogged along with no upsets or problems for me. I like the addition of Rory, I think there's potential in the character. When I first saw him he struck me as another Mickey the Idiot, but that doesn't seem to be the case, now.

I'm still not sure how to take Amy's slightly hyper attitude to every encounter, but hopefully I'll get used to her in time.
                      sigpic

Comment

One part I did like was how the Aliens weren't trying to wipe out the entire human race, they just wanted one city.
                        Last edited by kirmit; 09 May 2010, 06:30 AM.

Comment

at least we didn't get another crack in this episode, but instead we got silence...interesting. I have no idea what it means, but...interesting.
                          "silence will fall!"

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                            He said in the Eleventh Hour that they were made from 'two parts of time that should never have touched', which could suggest Rory/Amy or Rory/Doctor or Amy/Doctor.
                            I wonder if this might have something to do with Rory/Amy? Maybe Rory's hospital I.D. card having an issue year of 1990 is a clue? In 1990, assuming Rory's around the same age as Amy, he'd only would have been around a year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                              I wonder if this might have something to do with Rory/Amy? Maybe Rory's hospital I.D. card having an issue year of 1990 is a clue? In 1990, assuming Rory's around the same age as Amy, he'd only would have been around a year old.
                              Maybe, or maybe that was just a prop error, although you'd think someone would have noticed something like that on a show as tightly guarded as this. Maybe Rory came to the future somehow (the future being Amy's present), maybe through a crack, although that wouldn't explain why staff at the Hospital didn't notice his I.D. issue date (which clearly would have run-out by 2010). Who knows? Rory could be an alien!

But I doubt it.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                                Maybe, or maybe that was just a prop error, although you'd think someone would have noticed something like that on a show as tightly guarded as this. Maybe Rory came to the future somehow (the future being Amy's present), maybe through a crack, although that wouldn't explain why staff at the Hospital didn't notice his I.D. issue date (which clearly would have run-out by 2010). Who knows? Rory could be an alien!

But I doubt it.
                                Unless everyone in Leadworth was affected by the crack too in which case they wouldn't notice the date on Rory's I.D. because they're part of...whatever it is that's going on.

Rory an alien...I think in all our own separate ways we're all alien. Woah. How *deep* is that? LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X