No announcement yet.

Prometheus Unbound (812)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always liked Vala. She brought something new and exciting from stories that had gotten stale in the past two years. Its a wonder more former hosts didn't turn out like Vala of becoming a morally ambigious person. Being a host seems to be nothing more then unending torture that it makes sense that such a tramua would develop people with low maturity like Vala. This episode also starts the building blocks of post Goa'uld political entities. A group of smugglers as the Goa'uld loses power makes sense and I would have like more background but it is still an interesting development. It was also interesting seeing Hammond in the field on the Alkesh. It seems an exact opposite of the Hammond we saw on SG1 for 7 years.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot to say how great it was seeing Hammond again. His first appearance back was pretty funny as well. Taking the chair, Daniel and Walter off Jack

It was great to see him in action as well. I miss Don Davis
      sigpic

Comment

I haven't watched this in years, I loved it. I really miss General Hammond and Gang, maybe i will throw a couple of episodes in, in the coming weeks. Daniel is awesome in this episode, Vala quite different from the later seasons, Prometheus still looking awesome, a good old times !
        sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. Cool seeing my favorite peace keeper running around. Didn't notice Daniel was acting like the guy from farscape until someone pointed it out. I've seen many of the later episodes but I have no idea how Vala gets on to the SG1 team, it will be fun to find out.

Comment

I don't remember Vala's backstory, but I was surprised she called the Stargate... the Stargate. Isn't that just an Earth term?

Anyway, that was the most ridiculous fight between Daniel and Vala. I honestly don't know whether to love it or hate it, but at least Vala's introduction left an impression. I can't wait until she comes back later. Love her. (And her somewhat-maybe-guilty grin as soon as Daniel lets her out of the brig? Priceless. That's her character right there.)

It was also wonderful seeing Hammond again, not to mention seeing Walter finally having some fun in an ship - and a Goa'uld one at that.

I wish I were at season nine already.
            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
              I don't remember Vala's backstory, but I was surprised she called the Stargate... the Stargate. Isn't that just an Earth term?
              Since the term "Stargate" came from translating Goa'uld, it's not that unreasonable that others in the galaxy would call it that.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                Since the term "Stargate" came from translating Goa'uld, it's not that unreasonable that others in the galaxy would call it that.
                Oh, I don't even remember learning that. Thanks.
                rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

Oh, I don't even remember learning that. Thanks.
                  It's from the movie.

Comment

It's from the movie.
                    The 1994 film? I didn't include it in my re-watch, so the last time I saw it was probably... ten years ago or more. Good to know.
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

The 1994 film? I didn't include it in my re-watch, so the last time I saw it was probably... ten years ago or more. Good to know.

I've posted before on how I don't consider it to be exactly canon as regards the series, but it's at least canon-adjacent when it doesn't contradict the series.

Comment

I've posted before on how I don't consider it to be exactly canon as regards the series, but it's at least canon-adjacent when it doesn't contradict the series.
                        Yeah, I get that.

I also tend to just disregard the film in general unless I want to introduce the story to someone. I mean, Emmerich plans to disregard the series with the trilogy, right? So I don't feel bad.
                        rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I wish we had MORE backstory on Vala, other than this to go off of, before she became a S9-10 regular.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            The only thing i wondered about, was how on earth did vala get her hands on the suit in the first place??
                            I know it's very late to respond but read the novel TWO ROADS and your question is answered.

I liked the ep, especially the Daniel/Vala part and Hammond in action, emanding his ship back.
                            Great.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

One shouldn't have to read novels written after the fact in order to understand an episode at the time of its debut.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                                I know it's very late to respond but read the novel TWO ROADS and your question is answered.

I liked the ep, especially the Daniel/Vala part and Hammond in action, emanding his ship back.
                                Great.
                                Other Hammond's return and Novak's hiccups, I did not like this episode.

Claudia Black's character is dull, as is every piece of dialogue between her and Jackson. It is not "sexy" like they seem to be trying to go for - it just falls flat - "let's have sex instead". Good grief.

And the fight is woeful. The entire idea behind it is to have the woman wrap her legs around the man as often as possible regardless that it made no sense.

And why exactly did Daniel need to take her clothes off? Her clothes clearly did not absorb the stun blast like she claimed which means Daniel taking of her clothes while she was unconscious is very creepy indeed.

I remember from when I first watched Atlantis that Shepard had a similar episode. There were genuine sparks between Flanigan and the actress Jill Wagner but bar one later appearance I don't believe she ever appeared again, but over on SG-1 they had a terrible character and added her to the main cast.
                                Last edited by I Am Not James Spader; 27 January 2016, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X