No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember 6 years ago, I was standing in High School skipping classes right now standing in the Band Room of the school, staring at the Tv in disbelief....
    I walked into each class that day, explained that I needed to be somewhere else, and for once the teachers pretty much let us get away with it...
    Sad as it is to say, History was being made and they weren't going to stop us from gawking at it...
    And the skies that afternoon were just eerie how calm, no jet streams, nothing....
    sigpic
    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I remember being at the charity shop I was working in, and they stopped talking on the radio for a half an hour and I didn't notice until there was a news flash and I thought it was half three, and thought, 'man, time flies', but then it was like 'what the f***, jesus christ,' etc. The boss shut the shop up after we'd listened to the news and the updates for another half an hour and I spent the next two days glued to the news. I didn't think much beyond 'f******* hell'.

I always think about it when I go past that charity shop too.

It's beyond anything that had happened for a long time. I remember the news casters saying, it's the worst tradegy in peace times (i.e since the war) and thinking there's nothing peaceful about this.

Much love.
      sigpic-
      +I thought I was a fool for no one
      but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

"Did TPTB really have to put the pooper scooper container next to the autograph line?"
        LOL!

It may have been more useful if the pooper scooper was made available to certain parts of certain later seasons.

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
        Would you two get a room?

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
        A little more than OT.

I'm going to be offline for a while. We just found out yesterday that my Dad has Cancer and it's spread through out his body.

That's the reason why I won't be posting as much as I would when Atlantis starts.

Bye for now.
        My virtual hugs and real prayers are with you and your family. I am so sorry this is happening.

(((((LaCroix)))))

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        Well......

a sook is a cry baby

and drongo has several meanings but in Rodney's case it would be an inept, awkward or embarrassing person

it also can be a fool, a stupid person, a dimwit or slow-witted person
        It's perfect, then.
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          there's a new message from amanda on her website. and the birthday wishes are up. yay on both!

i LOVE to hear about amanda's life. olivia is a wonderful blessing to someone as beautiful (in soul) as amanda. amanda is truly enjoying her blessings.

sally
          Yay! Thanks for posting.

Computer in MACtensive Care Unit.

George is HUGE. hehe. The more to snuggle and wrestle.

Olivia in pre-school?!!! Too cute!

My daughter started 5th grade. Tempus fugit!!!
          Must create time dilation field to halt all further growth of my child....

Can't wait for SGA4 to start!
          Last edited by tagger; 11 September 2007, 08:21 AM. Reason: speling :)
          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
          Quint Studer

Comment

So, how is everyone going with their women of the gate prompts?

I opened mine, grinned like crazy at the first sentence, then read the rest. It made me cry, then ignore it for 3 days.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
              ummmm, very interesting statement in Joe's blog
              Spoiler:
              ....snip....Not one, not two, but three pregnancies to throw the schedule into a tizzy. Hey, this is life and a pregnancy is a happy event to be celebrated and, if at all possible, worked into a storyline. We did and, in my opinion, added a whole new layer to our planned season four mega-arc.....snip....

Ok, we know one is Rachel.
              I think he means
              Spoiler:
              only Rachel pregnancy is written into the story. Maybe he means the other two are in the cast or crew. DH may have taken time off to be with hie girlfriend for doctor visits, classes, etc. The same may be true for another cast or crew. So they had to write around their absences?? That is what I first thought, but I'm sure anything is possible.
              He likes to speak in code... lol

EDIT: lol looks like ForeverSG1 already beat me too it... just goes to show I should read the thread all the way through before commenting lol

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Sorry for the OT...

My thoughts too are with those people touched by what happened on September 11th 2001! It is a day I know I will never forget, it was lunchtime here in the UK I didn't really know at the time what the WTC was but as I watched the TV I was in shock at what I was seeing Today 6 years on, my thoughts and prayers are with those who died, those who were injured, all those peoples' relatives and those brave brave emergency workers and passers by who put their own safety aside to help people, showing the best of humanity while the worst was happening...

May the world come together as one on this day and remember!

Hug your loved ones b/c LTS...

((((((((((((Samanda's))))))))))))

Julia(samcarterrules)
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

September 11th will be a day I never forget as well or the days afterwards. 6 years ago I was in College where a lot of the students had loved ones that worked in Washington and New York City. I didn't realize how many in New York until that day. I was getting ready to go to my first class and had the Today show on and watched in complete shock as the news unfolded. I called my mom who lived 7-8 hours away to see if she had seen the news and she had been trying to call me, but couldn't get through...

The school ended up canceling classes for the rest of the day and for a couple of days after, so students could go home if needed. There was this quiet shock that had fallen across the campus. The area where students were usually outside playing, listening to music and just chatting was friends was vacant. We walked by classrooms, dorms and dining halls and everywhere we went people were gathered around TV's and trying to get in touch with loved ones.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the tragedies on that day... To the brave heroes that stepped up beyond the call of duty and the way the nation and really the world rallied around those cities and it's people.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                    I think he means
                    Spoiler:
                    only Rachel pregnancy is written into the story. Maybe he means the other two are in the cast or crew. DH may have taken time off to be with hie girlfriend for doctor visits, classes, etc. The same may be true for another cast or crew. So they had to write around their absences?? That is what I first thought, but I'm sure anything is possible.
                    He likes to speak in code... lol

EDIT: lol looks like ForeverSG1 already beat me too it... just goes to show I should read the thread all the way through before commenting lol
                    Tis true. Joe likes to obfuscate.
                    Last edited by rderoch; 11 September 2007, 08:25 PM.
                    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      So, how is everyone going with their women of the gate prompts?

I opened mine, grinned like crazy at the first sentence, then read the rest. It made me cry, then ignore it for 3 days.
                      LOL

My first thought was 'OMG I can't believe I actually volunteered for this!' and then I immediately went into panic mode as this will be my very first ever fan fiction. And it will be public aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have since been watching episodes concentrating on the Sam & Vala scenes and interactions. I've noticed that in photos and episodes, Sam is almost always on the left side (from the viewer's perspective). I wonder why? Because she is taller and that frames the shot better? Because she was on the show first (stretching here)? Or is this panic mode frying my brain ?!?

Go Sam and Vala !

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        LOL

My first thought was 'OMG I can't believe I actually volunteered for this!' and then I immediately went into panic mode as this will be my very first ever fan fiction. And it will be public aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have since been watching episodes concentrating on the Sam & Vala scenes and interactions. I've noticed that in photos and episodes, Sam is almost always on the left side (from the viewer's perspective). I wonder why? Because she is taller and that frames the shot better? Because she was on the show first (stretching here)? Or is this panic mode frying my brain ?!?

Go Sam and Vala !
                        My best advice to you would be:

1. Have fun
                        2. It's your idea so run with it
                        3. Find yourself a good beta, someone to check over what you've written, and who you can bounce ideas off of. They may pick out little plot holes that sometime occur

and remember
                        Spoiler:
                        HAVE FUN
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Ooooh, thank you parsifal...they look great
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal View Post

Thanks Parsifal! I hadn't seen these pics before! Season 4 is 2 1/2 weeks away for lots of people! Can't wait!!

Comment

I swear I *have* to make time this weekend to draw!

So many gorgeous pictures.

Anyone want to volunteer to bug me until I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X