Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batwoman (CW series) -- discussion/speculation (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    If by "like me", you mean LGBT, think they've already stated that they're intending on casting another LGBT person in the role.
    No, genderfluid I mean.

Besides casting someone LGBT shouldn't be a requisit. It should be someone who can continue the role of Kate Kane. They should fit the role, but being LGBT shouldn't be a dealbreaker. It probably helps, much like it did Ruby playing Kate.

Also, I love Ruby's hair -- wish I could cut it like hers (I could be it would never be the same cause I have curls that just have a life of their own and behave).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Seems like they could either re-cast and have a different actress play the same part, or as was suggested in an earlier post, they could kill off Kate and have someone else already in the show become Batwoman and carry on to fulfill Kate's mission/destiny.

A couple of possibles could be Sophie or Julia Pennyworth (I haven't watched the last couple of episodes this season, so if something happens to either or those characters, obviously that wouldn't work).

Comment

They could always blame the Crisis for her looks changing? Or something like that. I'm surprised this isn't bringing the show to an end, whoever becomes the new Batwoman, I do hope she can fit the role as I came to see Ruby as Batwoman.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          They could always blame the Crisis for her looks changing? Or something like that. I'm surprised this isn't bringing the show to an end, whoever becomes the new Batwoman, I do hope she can fit the role as I came to see Ruby as Batwoman.
          Show was renewed before the break-up.

For me, Ruby is Batwoman ... except that red wig. That's just weird.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I think the wig goes good with the black/red theme of her costume. Of course, when they recast the role, they could hire a blonde, and then go back to the little yellow oval that graced Adam West's batsuit in the 60's.

Who they cast is crucial though. Get someone who can carry the role, and they win. But cast the wrong person and they can kill the show before season 3 even gets talked about.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I liked the wig, actually.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              I think the wig goes good with the black/red theme of her costume. Of course, when they recast the role, they could hire a blonde, and then go back to the little yellow oval that graced Adam West's batsuit in the 60's.

Who they cast is crucial though. Get someone who can carry the role, and they win. But cast the wrong person and they can kill the show before season 3 even gets talked about.
              I wonder who would make a good replacement? I've seen Stephanie Beatriz being bounced around in different articles, which would be pretty awesome. I love her portrayal of Rosa Diaz in B99. There's Jade Tailor who has some good moves. I've seen Clara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role. I noticed that my two choices aren't blondes, but Evan Rachel Wood might fit that role too...but I don't see her joining a CW show.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of Wallis Day as a replacement for Ruby, she played Nyssa Vex on Krypton.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5363417/?ref_=hm_rvi_nm
                sigpic

Comment

Well, at least she's a blonde. She can use the old yellow oval from Adam West's Batman suit.

I doubt I'll have an opinion till after I see whoever it is in Batwoman. It's just a matter of can the actress carry that role or not.

Comment

Batwoman wears a red wig and has dark hair, not blonde. So they do need to stick with the character they've already created for the Arrowverse.
                    Last edited by Mrja84; 03 June 2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I don't really think hair color is an issue, people dye their hair all the time, the character can "dye" their hair to fit the actor's natural hair, or the actor can dye their hair to match a character. I'm more concerned about about an actor's ability to play a character that's already been established by another actor and the new actor bearing a physical resemblance to the original actor. Recasting the lead of a show is bound to be tricky. It's not like they're recasting for a character that made a brief appearance in one scene of one episode of a show, like they did with Caity Lotz being cast in the role of Sara Lance (Arrow/LoT) after another actor originally played the part in a scene on Arrow. I had no issues with that bit of recasting even though the two actresses looked nothing alike, and I loved Caity's portrayal of Sara from the start.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't know if hair color or physical appearance should be primary selection criteria. If they try to match physical appearance, hair color, or anything else for that matter, they will be compromising on the thing they need the most, the ability to carry the role. And who knows? a recast sometimes results in a better actor for the charter.

For example, when "Last Man Standing" was picked up by Fox after ABC dumped it, they had to recast the middle daughter, as the original actress was otherwise committed, and their choice (in my opinion) was better in the role than the original actress who had the part for 6 seasons. The oldest daughter, Kristen was also recast after season one to no ill effect.

One thing I'm sure of though. They need to ignore fan input on this. Everybody & their mother will be pushing their favorite choices based on their own preferences and agendas. What happens to anything created by committee?

Comment

I don't think the actors need to look exactly alike or anything but a physical resemblance would help with making the transition less jarring and it would help sell it being the same person. If they were going to reboot the whole series next season then it wouldn't really matter much to me what the new actress looked like, what ethnicity or race she was, how tall or short or whatever (I'm not talking minor differences in skin tone, height and body type, I mean for me, it would be extremely jarring if they cast a 5'11" curvy/busty blond woman or a 5'2" African American woman as Kate and just be like yeah, they're the same person).

Ive never watched the show you're talking about, but even in that case it doesn't sound like the daughter characters were the actual lead of the show, more like supporting characters. That makes things a bit different imo. That's kind of similar to what they do in soap operas when they recast characters, sometimes the new actor looks completely different to the actor they replaced, but soap operas don't really have a main character and recasts are so common that it wouldn't have as big of an impact.
                          sigpic

Comment

I liked the wig, actually.

I wonder who would make a good replacement? I've seen Stephanie Beatriz being bounced around in different articles, which would be pretty awesome. I love her portrayal of Rosa Diaz in B99. There's Jade Tailor who has some good moves. I've seen Clara Delevingne being mentioned, but she's already in DC as that Mayan witch thing and I'm not really seeing her play the role. I noticed that my two choices aren't blondes, but Evan Rachel Wood might fit that role too...but I don't see her joining a CW show.
                            I think they should go for Kat McNamara. She's proven to be more than capable in the physical demands of such a role in Shadowhunters and Arrow. Someone mentioned the change being part of Crisis so she could be believably recast on Earth prime as not Mia Queen but Kate Kane due to Lex's meddling in crisis.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              I think they should go for Kat McNamara. She's proven to be more than capable in the physical demands of such a role in Shadowhunters and Arrow. Someone mentioned the change being part of Crisis so she could be believably recast on Earth prime as not Mia Queen but Kate Kane due to Lex's meddling in crisis.
                              Kat McNamara is already slated to having her own CW show as the Green Arrow. If Ruby Rose thought it was difficult to be the lead in one Show, I can't imagine two shows @.@
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Kat McNamara is already slated to having her own CW show as the Green Arrow. If Ruby Rose thought it was difficult to be the lead in one Show, I can't imagine two shows @.@
                                I did not think that was signed off on yet Tood.
                                I have heard that they want to do a future based series around Mia, but no confirmation.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X