No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as they have clean underwear, that is all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
      As long as they have clean underwear, that is all that matters.
      Better yet, not wear underwear at all!

Comment

I did have a chance to see the pilot, where can you see more episodes? Hulu isn't showing them.
        An infinite universe contains an equally infinite amount of knowledge.

Comment

I'm done with this show. The heroine is way to naive. That and annoying. The flashbacks don't help, and the rebuilt tech is too primitive. I see too much flash and not enough substance.
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            What? That's clear. The uncle and "that one chick from that other show" of course, since there's only one "chick from that other show".

This was a great continuation of the show and I really liked Charlie in this episode. So far we only saw her kill one other person and that was to protect family. Being proactive and killing someone who isn't a threat to you, your family, or your objective is a BIG thing. I read the review on IGN and they felt it was inconsistent. I felt it was entirely consistent with her character.

Maybe we see a character kill one person and we expect them not to have any qualms about killing anybody else. But that's not true.

I really liked the actors they have on the show and I think they are moving the the right directions not beating around the bush with the central mystery. I assume that Charlie's stepmother and friend will be stumbling over the clues to wear Charlie's daddy wanted them to go.

I have a theory on
            Spoiler:
            how the computers with power are interconnected

and that theory is
            Spoiler:
            They are connecting with satellites that are outside the field of influence from whatever turned off the power. The only problem with that is computers do not connect directly with satellites they connect to a series of machines and then to a dish that transmits the data. But since the power is gone then how do they achieve connections over vast distances.

Then I imagine the equipment in that room shown at the end of episode 1 contains all that functionality.
            Well that the smart way to explain it. Light is not affected by what ever turn off the electricity, so a simple laser could be use to communicate directlywith specially design satelites, in theory anyway, believe Nasa is planning to launch a satelite to demonstrate the technology and you could easily use a laser that is invisible to the human eye to keep the communication secret. An you do not need very powerful lasers, an they can be made pretty small.

It also possible that simply surrounded the cables linking the two computers with organic, self sustaining flesh as that would protect electron from what ever interfering with electricty, as us humans and animals going unaffective by the effect shows.

An other possibility would be some sought of quantum entanglement communications.
            Last edited by knowles2; 26 September 2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.chrismckay View Post
              I did have a chance to see the pilot, where can you see more episodes? Hulu isn't showing them.
              Yes it is. I watched episode 2 on Hulu
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Yes it is. I watched episode 2 on Hulu
                You can also check nbc.com for episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                  Hey
                  How did Charly's Dad know the power would go out and why did he not stop it? (until that is cleared up, I have my issues with the man (IMHO he deserves having been shot!)...I would go as far as to say that I hate him based on the limited information that we have, because he ruined everybodys lives!)
                  Perhaps the "person" that lady was talking to at the end, and Ben were all part of some 'end of days like cult' prepping for the end of power, and he knew of the signs it was impending..

I don't think it is dragging on, it's only been 2 episodes. And they already have two of the main characters looking for Grace who I assume is the "girl from the other show" who helped Charlie's brother with the asthma. So they are now waiting for her story to cross with the others, they are actively getting the threads to mix and mingle.
                  But why/how is it this grace also has one of the devices Ben made?? And who is that randal at the end who came to kill her? He also had one.

Comment

2nd ep was alright. not really any better than the first.
                    interesting to see mom still alive. i wonder why charlie thinks shes dead.
                    and now there's this mysterious randall fella.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      2nd ep was alright. not really any better than the first.
                      interesting to see mom still alive. i wonder why charlie thinks shes dead.
                      and now there's this mysterious randall fella.
                      According to a review of the 2nd episode, when reporters got a screening of the pilot during the summer at the end of the pilot episode was originally the reveal of mom being alive, but apparently they changed that to Grace and then used it for the second episode.

Who knows maybe despite people's thoughts the big surprise is that the Blackout was caused by a natural event and Ben and the others were merely trying to prepare for it.

Comment

hmm interesting.

i'm hoping they let us know what caused the blackout by at latest the middle of the season.
                        if they want viewers to hang on, they gotta give us something.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          hmm interesting.

i'm hoping they let us know what caused the blackout by at latest the middle of the season.
                          if they want viewers to hang on, they gotta give us something.
                          Where let's see, we know how the militia got started, we know there are people with the ability to bring power back in isolated areas, we know there's a resistance, and we have Aaron and Maggie looking into the necklace Ben gave Aaron in the pilot.

I highly doubt we will know by the middle of the season what caused the blackout, but I think we will learn more about who this group is with a book carrying the symbol of power on it.

Comment

Another series with a post-electrical world was Dark Angel. I recall enjoying it well enough to watch through to the end. People who like Revolution (or at least like the idea of a post-electricity setting) might give Dark Angel a try.

(I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread. Sorry if Dark Angel was already mentioned.)

Comment

I liked the third episode much more than the second ! The characters are rally growing on you and why does the Jacob actor play in almost every show since lost ? I like that guy but he is definitley overused ! How are the ratings ? It does look good though, doesn't it ? Hope we get a full season order soon...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                I liked the third episode much more than the second ! The characters are rally growing on you and why does the Jacob actor play in almost every show since lost ? I like that guy but he is definitley overused ! How are the ratings ? It does look good though, doesn't it ? Hope we get a full season order soon...
                                It's just been given a full season.

http://blastr.com/2012/10/looks-like-well-be-gettin.php

Comment

Working...
                                X