Dialing Destiny from Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RCOO View Post
    True... How did the ancients create ZPMs anyway?
    in TheSiege Part II I think it is Wier talking to Zalenka regarding the self destruct and Atlantis Database mentioned something about ZPM creation, however this never went any further than that brief comment. In terms of a lab on Atlantis its very possible as it has not been fully accessed, However with Atlantis on Earth at present I dont see why the cant go all out and really detail the place.

Another Idea is that like the Anceint outpost the Dark Asgard were in control of there was no Stargate, However it was clear that the place was an Ancient research outpost. It is also possible that a ZPM created factory of sorts is in Pegasus however on a planet without a stargate.

Comment

Daniel Jackson made ZPM in Season 10 for Odyssey with the parts the found on the ship. Same with O'Niell in "Fifth Race". I think it does not matter with what you do it, but that you know how to do it. And there has to be a room on Atlantis dedicated to that!

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
        Daniel Jackson made ZPM in Season 10 for Odyssey with the parts the found on the ship. Same with O'Niell in "Fifth Race". I think it does not matter with what you do it, but that you know how to do it. And there has to be a room on Atlantis dedicated to that!
        I don't remember either of them ever making a ZPM

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
          I don't remember either of them ever making a ZPM
          I don't remember that either.
          Maybe he's thinking about the device O'Neill made in The Fifth Race so he could gate to Othalla to avoid death.
          But i've got no idea what daniel jackson supposedly did in for Odyssey...

On a seperate note, if Earth ever manages to gate into Destiny, i stop watching. Atlantis became less cool when they could call in the cavalry when **** hit the fan.
          Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

The device in The Fifth Race was a naquadah generator (using liquid naq from a staff weapon) and ran out of power/burned out after one use, NOT a ZPM.

The only thing Daniel did was to convert the shield into a cloak, powered by the ZPM they already had.
            Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
              The device in The Fifth Race was a naquadah generator (using liquid naq from a staff weapon) and ran out of power/burned out after one use, NOT a ZPM.

The only thing Daniel did was to convert the shield into a cloak, powered by the ZPM they already had.
              They got the ZPM from Atlantis when the Ancients returned on the tria with 3 ZPMs.

Comment

When the Asurans briefly took over Atlantis they brought ZPMs with them, there were 3, 1 remained on Atlantis, 1 was sent to the Ancient outpost in Antarctica and the other was put aboard the Odyssey.

Daniel Jackson uses his knowledge or more precisley Merlins knowledge to use the ZPM to creat a cloak for the Odyssey

Think alot of people need to watch over both shows again

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                  When the Asurans briefly took over Atlantis they brought ZPMs with them, there were 3, 1 remained on Atlantis, 1 was sent to the Ancient outpost in Antarctica and the other was put aboard the Odyssey.

Daniel Jackson uses his knowledge or more precisley Merlins knowledge to use the ZPM to creat a cloak for the Odyssey

Think alot of people need to watch over both shows again
                  ZPMs don't create cloaks.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I hated how SGA really became a race for the next ZPM as the series went on... tptb really should have done a full episode on ZPMs, like made up some reason for their being a lack of them, that the ancients could only create a set amount, due to exotic particles or some technoblabble explanation or at least gave us some reason for why the ancients didn't put a spare 1 or 2 in the ZPM room in Atlantis instead choosing to scatter them at random locations around the galaxy to be found by any and everyone..
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

I agree. The series become too much ZPM-dependent.
                      Everytime they had a freaking problem: "ZOMG... We don't have ZPM's!"
                      And when finally they had 1 ZPM, they usually drained it in 3 episodes.

Comment

who knows maybe 3 ZPM's wouldn't be enough but if SGC finds some of those Ancients thing that download entire knowledge of the Ancients in persons brain maybe that person could make something like Jack in Fifth Race (or something else like the original way to dial Destiny) and dial Destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by General Luka of Earth View Post
                          who knows maybe 3 ZPM's wouldn't be enough but if SGC finds some of those Ancients thing that download entire knowledge of the Ancients in persons brain maybe that person could make something like Jack in Fifth Race (or something else like the original way to dial Destiny) and dial Destiny.
                          That naquadah generator burnt out after one use. Of dialing Ida. There's no chance that it could be re-created to dial Destiny.
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I think Luka meant that they could use the repository of knowledge to create a power source to dial destiny, as we saw jack did, not the same one though
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                              I think Luka meant that they could use the repository of knowledge to create a power source to dial destiny, as we saw jack did, not the same one though
                              exactly

Comment

Any volunteers to go in the "head sucker"? Let's not forget the asgard aren't around anymore to cleanse the knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X