No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Guy is mainly active on twitter. At least, that's where I see him pop up the most but only when I delberately look for #stargate.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Watches as a newspaper and tumbleweed blow by

~This cannot be good~
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
        Watches as a newspaper and tumbleweed blow by

~This cannot be good~
        The exact definition of stargate these days.

Comment

What did they expect? They turned Cathering Langford into Catherine Jones (she only lacks the damn hat and whip and she would be Indiana Jones, just with a worse attitude!), something that doesn't fit the character at all and secondly they retconned the lore ("The Stargate was only dialed once before the Abydos mission and then it swallowed Ernest Littlefield" - who SG-1 later found on a planet with a broken DHD!)

Of course the fans don't much care for this! They should either do it right or not do it at all and they shouldn't emulate Disney in that they shouldn't try to push a feminist agenda, especially since Stargate has always had great female characters, often in lead roles like Sam and Weier! Sam Carter, Elizabeth Weier, Teyla Emagan, Dr. Keller, Dr. Fraiser, Lt. Cadman, Dr. Novak etc. etc.!

As for their pitch about the Jaffa:

I frankyl couldn't care less about those grabby ********s! They didn't really help in fighting the Ori, but they grabbed every piece of Goa'uld-Tech they could get their hands on (without sharing with Earth, despite the fact that Earth seems to provide their Tretonin and gave them supplies, shelter, intelligence reports etc. during the war with their former masters! Earth could have used those ships, but no the dumb brutes grabbed what they could, despite the fact that they are probably mostly incapable of maintaining it (a few Jaffa here and there might know, but most of them are like a housewife with a refrigerator! She can use it, but she doesn't know how it works or how to fix it if it breaks!)

Same for the damn Tok'ra! Damned, with their (and the Jaffa's) help maybe the power vaccuum after the Goa'uld could have been filled (no Lucian ****ing Alliance)

Both of them are ungrateful bastards IMHO!

Hell, a lot of Jaffa don't even trust the Tau'ri! Teal'c often has problems when among them because he does trust Earth
          Last edited by Laxian of Earth; 17 March 2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
            They turned Cathering Langford into Catherine Jones (she only lacks the damn hat and whip and she would be Indiana Jones, just with a worse attitude!)...
            Thanks, now I want Ellie Gall to play a female Indiana Jones-like character.

Of course the fans don't much care for this!
            Can't say whether they do or not, but a lot never saw Origins in the first place so who knows.

They should either do it right or not do it at all and they shouldn't emulate Disney in that they shouldn't try to push a feminist agenda...
            What agenda?

What did Disney do?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Also, noticed yesterday Brazat is no longer all-access, but a regular airman.
              And suddenly active on the message feed, same as Stargate Guy who hasn't been seen since before the Original Gater renewels.
              He lost his All Access?
              That’s kinda funny. I wonder if he got a refund.
              Are any of the other “Superfans” active at the SGC?

Comment

Thanks, now I want Ellie Gall to play a female Indiana Jones-like character.

Can't say whether they do or not, but a lot never saw Origins in the first place so who knows.

What agenda?

What did Disney do?
                I think he's talking about the *gasp* agenda to treat women EQUALLY! *feints*
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                  He lost his All Access?
                  That’s kinda funny. I wonder if he got a refund.
                  Are any of the other “Superfans” active at the SGC?
                  No, he didn't loose it, he just didn't sign up again. Besides, he's in France so he couldn't watch anyway.

Brazat is around but sporadically.
                  StargateGuy the same.

Neither are regular posters.

NerdyNovelty has an account, since she dropped a like in the Superfan feed article, but the rest of them... no idea really. Since I know none of them, bar the three above from around, I'd say chances are non-existent they are members of the "community".

So, if they were turned into moderators, they wouldn't even know the usual clientele of the place.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  I think he's talking about the *gasp* agenda to treat women EQUALLY! *feints*
                  Ah, that "agenda"...

*fans P90_177*

Comment

Ah, I was about to say that would be a new low for the SGC if they rescinded it.
                    I wonder if he’s discussed with them about his inability to take advantage of the All-Access Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
                      Ah, I was about to say that would be a new low for the SGC if they rescinded it.
                      I wonder if he’s discussed with them about his inability to take advantage of the All-Access Pass.
                      I'm more inclined to believe that they are once again trying to bait us into thinking that they are "working" on expansion. Or, while I'm sure Brazat had a good enough video, that they had to make sure to include an "international" winner since it was open to the international audience after all, even if only 6 countries have full access to the website and app.

As far as I'm concerned, he's the token winner for the rest of the world. Like "see, we do think of you all." -- it's a very ungrateful position to be in, if you ask me.

Hence why I'm pretty sure, nothing will change with his winning. I hope he enjoys his perks and whatever else they will give him, or whatever else he'll be able to pull from this position -- the Children of MacGuyver, who are building a lifesize stargate, hope to gain access to MGM with their gate (kinda like how we have access to Disney/Lucasfilm) since Brazat is a member of the group.

Comment

As long as they dont go with NetShlix I'm fine with that. If something happens that be.

I think Zelenka's pigeon comment on the main GW news about Netflix is worth a read, just saying
                        Spoiler:
                        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

If they do what CBS does with Star Trek, then Netflix is perfect since that's the only streaming service I have legal access to. I don't have access to Amazon Prime or Hulu, or whatever else.

I took a subscription to watch Discovery legally, as opposed to downloading it through torrents.
                          The rest of Flix is just a bonus because as has already been proven, I'm not much of a bingewatcher. The only other serie I've seen on Flix is Outlander (which only has the first 2 seasons on there). I just don't have the time or need to watch more. I already have a full docket of programs I follow.

Comment

If they do what CBS does with Star Trek, then Netflix is perfect since that's the only streaming service I have legal access to. I don't have access to Amazon Prime or Hulu, or whatever else.
                            I'm sorry that this is the case for you, but personally I don't trust NF one bit. They cancelled The Expanse for crying out loud! Well tried to, Bezos MVP. They cancelled Travellers and I bet they'll cancel many more in the near future. This platform is getting way too mainstream and as proven, ratings and fandom are irrelevant in their business model, which is terribly sad for sci-fi fans.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It all fits into Netflix' business model. I'm actually surprised people are -- for lack of a better word -- surprised about these cancellations cause I'm certainly not. Shows on Netflix don't rise or fall on viewing ratings -- they rise and fall on popularity and "hotness", and that brings in subscriptions.

As soon as the hotness goes, so do subscriptions so you jump on a different hot series and the circle starts again.

Comment

Expanse was actually the ever trusty SyFy. NetFlix just had distribution I believe.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                                X