Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    It's a crack pairing, like Ronon/Sora, Lorne/Parish, and all those other pairings that have never even met, and are posibly not happening, hence "crack pairings".

ETA: Except Lorne and Parish have actually you know... met.
    This thread is for those who SUPPORT this pairing. If you can't do that DON'T come here and post. If you do it again, I'll report you to the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I will be looking forward to their first scene together and I think they will really compliment each other. She came across as a very gentle compassionate person while Ronan is the big gruff guy but also with a soft centre.

I think they will have great chemisty and it will be interesting to see just how they react to each other when they first meet. I wonder if it will be as explosive as John and Teylas first meeting.

That's a great point about Ronon. He does like to come off scary and gruff sometimes, but he's really such a softy.

As for the meeting being as exciting as John and Teyla's? Hmmmm...... that would be a lot to live up to.

I guess I'd have to say that I think Ronon will notice her before she notices him. I also think that he will resist the attraction he has for her, telling himself he's not ready yet. But do I think the sparks will fly when we see them together for the first time? Oh yeah, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
        This thread is for those who SUPPORT this pairing. If you can't do that DON'T come here and post. If you do it again, I'll report you to the mods.
        Where did I say I didn't support it?, crack pairings are fun (being liberated from expecting anything to happen canon-wise and all that) and curiously enough Ronon is in most of mine, he's quite fun to pair off. I don't know about you, but that's my reason for shipping, having FUN.

Some people just wonder why anyone would bother shipping for two people who haven't met or whose chances of getting together are minimal, I was explaining the concept of a crack pairing. I have a few, Ronon/Weir, Teyla/McKay, and Ronon/Keller sounds interesting too, only don't expect me to go all "*omg* so gonna happen", because I've never been the "my pairing has got to be canon or I'll die *omg*" kind of shipper (that sucks all the fun out of a ship IMO).
        Last edited by Luz; 11 February 2007, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Not yet
          oh-kay Oo

No one has asked you to
          and you could be just a tid little bit less rude? I didn't see anyone bashing/whatever the paring. Oo
          livejournal * fanfiction

i do not support the cast changes. No x-over. Yes Elizabeth & Carson.

Comment

Where did I say I didn't support it?, crack pairings are fun (being liberated from expecting anything to happen canon-wise and all that) and curiously enough Ronon is in most of mine, he's quite fun to pair off. I don't know about you, but that's my reason for shipping, having FUN.

Some people just wonder why anyone would bother shipping for two people who haven't met or whose chances of getting together are minimal, I was explaining the concept of a crack pairing. I have a few, Ronon/Weir, Teyla/McKay, and Ronon/Keller sounds interesting too, only don't expect me to go all "*omg* so gonna happen", because I've never been the "my pairing has got to be canon or I'll die *omg*" kind of shipper (that sucks all the fun out of a ship IMO).
            Hmmmm... I don't seem to recall anyone asking what a "crack pairing" was...

And although these two haven't officially met yet, you have to know that as Atlantis' CMO they are going to meet and I would say the chances of getting together are as good as any other possible pairing on the show. It's your personal opinion that their chances are minimal, I don't happen to share it. I personally will ship for them whether they are canon or not, and I'm certianly not asking anyone to come along for the ride.

Lastly the very idea that your very first post here tried to reduce the idea of a Keller/Ronon ship to a "crack ship" (by your definition one that will never happen on the show) you did indeed imply that you don't support it. And you also gave the impression that anyone who does is only wasting their time. That's what I objected to and I'll stand by what I said. Perhaps you should be more careful in the future to say exactly what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by i found forever View Post
              oh-kay Oo

and you could be just a tid little bit less rude? I didn't see anyone bashing/whatever the paring. Oo

I could ask you the same thing. I find it rude that you came to this thread and immeditely tried to throw cold water on our fun.

Comment

Originally posted by sanssong View Post
                Perhaps you should be more careful in the future to say exactly what you mean.
                Or maybe you could take this shipping business a bit less seriously, and not act like you can read people's minds, I said exactly what I wanted to say. And FYI 'crack pairing' is not used as a derogatory term, it's used to poke fun at yourself, as in "my crack pairing is O'neill/Elizabeth".
                That you've decided to take it as an offense that's another issue, but on the internet at large it's not used to cause offense.

Comment

If they have chemistry Im all for it.
                  Adds to list of Ronon ships:
                  Teyla/Ronon
                  Random Girl from Tao/Ronon
                  McKay/Ronon
                  Dr. Keller/ Ronon

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
                    If they have chemistry Im all for it.
                    Adds to list of Ronon ships:
                    Teyla/Ronon
                    Random Girl from Tao/Ronon
                    McKay/Ronon
                    Dr. Keller/ Ronon
                    Exactly, my base for some pairings is that they'd look good together, there are other pairings I'm sure won't happen like say Cam/Sam, but I like them (in fic) because the sex would be good. I'm all for pairing up teh pretty people.

Comment

Exactly, my base for some pairings is that they'd look good together, there are other pairings I'm sure won't happen like say Cam/Sam, but I like them (in fic) because the sex would be good. I'm all for pairing up teh pretty people.
                      Yaya for Pretty People! lol

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBozi View Post
                        Yaya for Pretty People! lol
                        And pretty people have pretty babies. *iz shallow*

Comment

yeah.. but I prefer PRETTY FAT Babies to simple pretty babies.

Comment

We are so shallow!
                            livejournal * fanfiction

i do not support the cast changes. No x-over. Yes Elizabeth & Carson.

Comment

I'm so with you here! I love mixing up the ships, Teyla/McKay ... whee!!! Ronon/Weir ... hot! And the best bit is you can have fun with them. Fun!

However, this does sound interesting. Beauty and the Beast?

Comment

okay kids

First, this is a thread for those that like the pairing of Keller/Ronon. If it's not your cup of tea, just move on please.

I haven't really seen anyone being totally derogatory and dismissive, just some disbelief and what people seemed to think were joking remarks. Remarks that have been taken for insults.

How about, if folks want to discuss the pros and cons of this relationship, they take it to another thread please. Let's keep this one for pro-keller/ronon remarks only please.

Whether you - the general you - like this pairing or not is immaterial. What counts is that 'they' do and just leave them alone to enjoy thier like.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X