Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Thread For It ALL: General Discussion Thread for ALL Things Stargate Atlantis

Hey Everybody!

Since sometimes it's hard to keep to the particular subject of any given thread here, I figured it might be good to have a thread where we can talk about everything pertaining to SGA.

So if you just happen to want to talk about the movie and the show, plus the actors, characters, writers, producers, speculation around the internet and other places about the show, fan-fiction, books, etc., then this is the thread for you!

I don't know if another thread like this exists, so if it does then I can understand this one getting deleted or merged with the original. I'm just trying to make sure that there's a thread in the SGA General Section that is generally about SGA so to speak, and with no real specifics attached other than that.

Well, we'll see how this works out.

Cheers.

I always wished that they explored more of the city.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      we all wish that.

Comment

Me too, and one thing I've always wondered about was how big the city actually is. Is it the size of a real small or medium sized American city? How many people can live there? Could a Hive ship land on one of the piers, or just a Cruiser perhaps? The Sunday episode made the piers look HUGE.

I doubt that any of this is covered in the Homecoming book that I still need to start reading (Death Game too ). I read the little teaser page at the beginning of the book and it mentioned something about ice and the Antarctic, so I'm guessing that in the book Atlantis gets relocated to or close where the outpost is/was. I'm just hoping that this series of books does right by the show. I've never read anything by these authors before, so I'll find out soon enough - or as soon as I can read them...

Cheers.

Comment

I wanted to see where the things introduced in season 5 was going, cause it was new stuff (Daedalus variations aliens, neo-Asgard, human federation, etc.), new arcs (except McKay and Keller) and whatnot, with a somewhat healthy dosage of Wraith interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
            I wanted to see where the things introduced in season 5 was going, cause it was new stuff (Daedalus variations aliens, neo-Asgard, human federation, etc.), new arcs (except McKay and Keller) and whatnot, with a somewhat healthy dosage of Wraith interaction.
            I agree! With some of the started story-lines in Season 5, they could have easily done a Season 6&7. (I know its probably been said before, just giving my 2 cents.

Comment

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to find out more about those D.V aliens *stomps feet* Dammit.

Comment

That would have been great, Mr. moz. I liked the DV aliens a lot too, and it would have been interesting to see the team run across them again. The Pasgard were an interesting bunch that really did seem to only care about themselves. I love the line in TLT when Daniel tries to convince them that they should be more like their humanitarian brethren:

Originally posted by The Lost Tribe Transcript, Daniel and Pasgard talking
                JACKSON: Of course, the Asgard I knew were a noble race who actually helped the human population of my galaxy.

ASGARD: And where are they now?

(Daniel grimaces.)

JACKSON: Dead.

ASGARD: Hmm.

JACKSON: But that had nothing to do with us.

ASGARD: Are you certain?

JACKSON: They were clones -- copies of copies of copies going back generations, and they suffered irreversible genetic degradation as a result. But you probably already know that.

ASGARD: Of course, because we are clones as well, subject to the same law of diminishing returns -- and yet we are still very much alive.

JACKSON: So, what, you solved the problem?

ASGARD: Not entirely, but once we were able to conduct our research without interference, we made significant progress.

JACKSON: Research on humans, because our physiology is similar to what yours used to be.

ASGARD: Precisely.

JACKSON: I take that back -- I have met an Asgard like you before. His name was Loki. He was experimenting on humans too, until he was caught and brought to justice by the Asgard High Council.

ASGARD: Because they did not believe the ends justify the means.

JACKSON: That's right.

ASGARD: And look where it got them.
                That really set the stage for the differences between Asgard from Milky Way and the Pegasus Asgard. It would have been nice to see where that went for a season.

New arcs would have been the most welcome for me - or at least new twists on ongoing arcs would have been great. And of course, if it's Pegasus, the Wraith can't be too far from sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
                  I agree! With some of the started story-lines in Season 5, they could have easily done a Season 6&7. (I know its probably been said before, just giving my 2 cents.
                  I completely agree! Your 2 cents is very welcome here, Grace, because it sounds like a dollar!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                    Me too, and one thing I've always wondered about was how big the city actually is. Is it the size of a real small or medium sized American city? How many people can live there? Could a Hive ship land on one of the piers, or just a Cruiser perhaps? The Sunday episode made the piers look HUGE.
                    We get a decent look at the size of the city in EatG. A Hive definatley could not land anywhere in the city. To compare it to an Earth city, I would say it's probably roughly the size of the CBD of any city not including surrounding suburbs.

Comment

*looks around*

Pssst.....Where are the toilets on a jumper? Remember in the Defiant One.. 15 hours there. Midway...how long were they in the jumper waiting for help. With ALL the coffee Rodney Drinks..gotta pee somewhere. Just saying.

How do the ancient toilets work? I read fanfiction and WOW where do they get their ideas?

What about plug ins? Yah cause the ancients invented data crystals but those pesky 3 prong outlets are keeping them down.

I always wanted the team to find a planet that MADE ZPM's like on a production line. I love How It's Made and it'd be funny to do a play by play on how they are made.

What happened to Halling and Jinto? We saw Halling, but what happened to Jinto.

Do you think that maybe there were talks about getting back in contact with the Geni?

Why did they go with Torren and not Tagon?

Why did they send Sam home again?

What??

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                        We get a decent look at the size of the city in EatG. A Hive definatley could not land anywhere in the city. To compare it to an Earth city, I would say it's probably roughly the size of the CBD of any city not including surrounding suburbs.
                        That makes me wonder if they're comparable in size then... And, sometimes the ratios can be a bit skewed based on how things are filmed - like something farther away can look smaller than something that is more in the forefront of the frame, but the thing that's farther away could actually be bigger than the thing that looks bigger - if I'm making any sense.

I tried to google how big the average CBD is, and of course I didn't get anything concrete. Every city is a different size and has its own things going for it. So, Atlantis looks like it at least could house about 100k people or more, I think. I wonder how much a hive could hold...

Comment

*looks around*

Pssst.....Where are the toilets on a jumper? Remember in the Defiant One.. 15 hours there. Midway...how long were they in the jumper waiting for help. With ALL the coffee Rodney Drinks..gotta pee somewhere. Just saying.

How do the ancient toilets work? I read fanfiction and WOW where do they get their ideas?
                          well presumably the puddle jumper supplies would have bag or something that they can poop in and then it can be jettisoned the same way the naq generator was in "Hot Zone"

What about plug ins? Yah cause the ancients invented data crystals but those pesky 3 prong outlets are keeping them down.
                          if they have ways to connect data cables im sure they had ways to connect power too

I always wanted the team to find a planet that MADE ZPM's like on a production line. I love How It's Made and it'd be funny to do a play by play on how they are made.
                          that would make their plight too easy.

presumably he was captured with the rest of the Athosians and then rescued.

Do you think that maybe there were talks about getting back in contact with the Geni?
                          we were in contact with them.

Tagan is a girls name, Torren is a boys name.

because the IOA wanted Woolsey there instead.

What??[/QUOTE]

When??

Comment

*looks around*

What??
                            *beckons with index finger* Psst. Nice post, because inquiring minds must want to know.

The toilet thing is a great point!!! Jumpers aren't cars, and space isn't exactly like an open road. So, it would make sense to have some kind of toilet. That makes me think of Grace Under Pressure when Rodney was trapped for how ever long. What if McKay needed to relieve himself. Was he just supposed to "let it loose" and then drown in his own you-know-what? That's not good. The Ancients have to be better than that. They just have to be...

I think the power system and exactly how that works would be nice to know. We know that the city runs off of ZPMs, but the SGA people also brought generators with them that I'm sure power certain necessary things. I doubt Atlantis has plug-ins. I'd hope that they'd have something better than that. I know we saw Rodney in a bathtub once, but what do the bathing facilities look like, and the food preparation facilities, etc. There was a lot of basic stuff that was left to just see in the city.

I think that Jinto is somewhere within the faceless mass of Athosians that never get any focus on the show. I'll leave it there before I start to feel a little rant coming...

I don't know what the SGA people would need to talk to the Genii about aside from them supposedly speading nasty rumors about them throughout the galaxy (as was referenced in Inquisiton). I liked Ladon, but I think he either didn't have full control over all of his people, or there's more than one Genii faction and he just leads one of many.

Torren is Teyla's father's name, so Tagon must be her mother's name. Since she never got an episode on her background on the show, we don't know much of anything about them...

I think in S&R the reason was because she did her job well. Since she took care of the military side of things so well, the IOA decided that it was safe to place one of their own there. That's at least what I can recall. It's not the best reason to get rid of anyone, but Amanda was leaving and they wanted to give her a good send off. What's better than being removed from your position because you're too good at it?

Originally posted by escyos
                            well presumably the puddle jumper supplies would have bag or something that they can poop in and then it can be jettisoned the same way the naq generator was in "Hot Zone"
                            I'd hope it'd be better than that, but you just might be right. To think, the Ancients could create a small ship that you can fly with your mind, but you still have to poop in a bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                              That makes me wonder if they're comparable in size then... And, sometimes the ratios can be a bit skewed based on how things are filmed - like something farther away can look smaller than something that is more in the forefront of the frame, but the thing that's farther away could actually be bigger than the thing that looks bigger - if I'm making any sense.

I tried to google how big the average CBD is, and of course I didn't get anything concrete. Every city is a different size and has its own things going for it. So, Atlantis looks like it at least could house about 100k people or more, I think. I wonder how much a hive could hold...
                              I may have a better way to judge the size of Atlantis. As I recall in hat episode where Michael's Hive shows up to make an alliance, we get a pretty nice shot of the Daedalus landing on the pier. If we can make a decent estimate of how long a 304 is, then we can use the shot of Daedalus on the pier in order to estimate the size of Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X