No announcement yet.

The Serpent's Lair (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towed them with what? Re-entry would have burned up any kind of tow line they used, and maybe the death gliders as well.

Comment

I'm thinking they dismantled them into manageable pieces and brought them back over time with a few shuttle missions. After all the ISS was built with parts taken up bit by bit in the shuttles and Russian rockets. It makes sense to put the glider bits in when the shuttles returned to Earth, saving money by not sending a shuttle up empty just to collect the peices each time, two birds with one stone as they say!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
        I'm thinking they dismantled them into manageable pieces and brought them back over time with a few shuttle missions. After all the ISS was built with parts taken up bit by bit in the shuttles and Russian rockets. It makes sense to put the glider bits in when the shuttles returned to Earth, saving money by not sending a shuttle up empty just to collect the peices each time, two birds with one stone as they say!
        I think they would have had to salvage the pieces at that moment. Space junk tends to drift, and it would be hard to go fishing for Goa'uld bits with the mess left behind from the motherships' explosions.

It's a great episode (I've always liked it), but this is one thing I'm struggling to figure out.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The second season certainly started with a bang. Great story arc.
          sigpic

Comment

For Season openers it is one of the best..

Comment

Great moment when Daniel Jackson "wants to see them" - well acted happiness greeting the "space monkey".
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

Bra'tac's back, and his interaction with the humans is even funnier than last time.

This is such a great conclusion to Within The Serpent's Grasp. I love it even more than the first half. Action packed, with some good humor and great moments. A smug Colonel Samuels being told off by General Hammond is the cherry on the cake.

The Spacemonkey lives, though sadly the nickname is never used again.

How would you rate SG-1's "The Serpent's Lair?"

Excellent
                Good
                Fair
                Poor
                Terrible
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For participation in the 3-episode quiz, dealing with Politics, Within The Serpent's Grasp and The Serpent's Lair -- this way please.

Comment

9/15, but I do not understand the last answer 'no correct answer'. That was not an option?
                    http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                      9/15, but I do not understand the last answer 'no correct answer'. That was not an option?
                      Shoot -- there is a correct answer, I just forgot to check it. I'm sorry. I fixed it.

Jigsaw puzzle's here!!

Comment

I'll give this one an excellent as well. My first excellent. It does well to keep the action going in them sneaking around. Plus they have Bra'tac, Master Bra'tac always makes episodes better. Now we die and Jack's that is a bad plan cracks me up. Although he has a hard time losing students. One thing did bug was how in Netu did SG1 survive going from the glider to the space shuttle? Hold their breath. I also wondered how Kinsey got overruled since in the next episode SG1 is back to functioning

I got a 14/15 on the quiz. I rarely notice those production goofs. I got 5 minutes and 55 seconds on the quiz. Similar to what I said in the last thread, all the dark colors makes it challenging
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          The Spacemonkey lives, though sadly the nickname is never used again.
                          I am hugely thankful that the nickname is never used again. IMO, it should never have been used in the first place.

I agree with the rest of your review, however.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I thought it was endearing...

Comment

It was an awkward attempt to fill the silence.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Shoot -- there is a correct answer, I just forgot to check it. I'm sorry. I fixed it.
                                You fixed it well, I got 15/15. I'm a legend
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X