Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones/ASoIaF Quickfire questions. (spoilers in tags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slimjim,

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
    I know their suppose to live in a world where high born boys are given training in swordsmanship and archery from the best teachers from like the age of one..... but still come on. In our world the children of the wealthy are given the best intellectual education..... yet it's not like all our grate scientists are the children of millionaires
    You mean like Samwell Tarly? He's a nobleman. But of course he's an awesome warrior too.

All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

I was annoyed that little finger found out about Tyrion's deception before he set of for the Iron islands, I wanted to find out how Theon would take the proposal?

Comment

It wasnt a real proposal (book folk correct if wrong). Tyrion was just trying to find out who was spying for the queen. So he told different proposal stories to each to see which one would tell her.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
          It wasnt a real proposal (book folk correct if wrong). Tyrion was just trying to find out who was spying for the queen. So he told different proposal stories to each to see which one would tell her.
          I know, I still wanted to see how Tyrion would react before he found that out

Comment

Slim, why don't you just create a thread for all your questions rather than make a thread for each one of them?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Slim, why don't you just create a thread for all your questions rather than make a thread for each one of them?
              because I don't think of them all at once and they'd each get less attention if I did that

Comment

I honestly can't tell if it's suppose to be romantic or platonic?

Comment

We could tell you from how it was explained in the books, but you'll just shrug it off and say it doesn't count because it's from the books and not the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                    We could tell you from how it was explained in the books, but you'll just shrug it off and say it doesn't count because it's from the books and not the show.
                    you don't get credit for things you don't put in your show

Comment

Then why ask the question. You've seen the show, make up your own mind.

For the record, she fancies the pants off him.
                      sigpic
                      Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                        Then why ask the question. You've seen the show, make up your own mind.

For the record, she fancies the pants off him.
                        Well that's just great, now I feel like a sexist for assuming a butch women wouldn't be in love with a man
                        Last edited by slimjim; 04 May 2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

it's great not grate (a grate is a metal structure over a hole or opening)

and yeah, we can tell you what's in the book but if all that counts for you is what you see on the show then it really does no good for us to tell you. I suggest you make up your own mind or get and read the books if you want more insight.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was curious too, but i'd rather find out by watching the show
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

My point is this: the books are not fan fiction. The show is based (and not all that loosely) on the books. If someone chooses not to read the books and relies completely on the show for the source material, then the answers they seek to these types of questions will never hold any merit to them. Therefore, there is no reason to answer them. If you're asking the question, then you're seeking another's wisdom on the subject. Those of us who have read the books know the answers - or at least generally agree on what the answer should be.

Saying the books are not a valid source is like saying that scenes in the bonus material which expand on the back story that were clipped due to time and budgetary constraints are not valid. Also, if a director mentions in the DVD bonus material what his intentions were with a scene or collection if scenes, do you summarily dismiss him because that point didn't get across to you on-screen?

The show is so close to the actual source material that if a question is asked, the answer given by those of us who have read it should suffice without it turning into a troll-fest. The alternative is that we simply ignore your questions because we assume you'll never accept the answer.

Comment

Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer. People answering the question then getting argued with and told 'no, that wasn't in the show so it doesn't count'....beyond frustrating.

I know there are people watching that haven't read the books. I was one of them last year. And I know this by reading predictions of who'll survive to the end that contain characters I know are dead in the books

the books will ALWAYS contain more info than the show. Always. there is insight and 'behind the scenes' info that's written into the thousands of pages that'll never make it onto the show. On the other end, we've started to see scenes in the show that weren't in the book. And we've seen and likely will continue to see scenes that were written from one character's POV in the book that are written differently for the show. Artistic license.

Just why ask the question if all you seem to really want to do is argue about the answer.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X